I think there are 3 types of players.
- spending enormous amount of money
- spending reasonable amount of money
- spending no money at all
I am in the second category btw.
- First ones for their 1000 a month get any hero they want any numbers of them they want and they can bully any other lesser team at their will (Typical defense - Guin , 2 Hel, 2 GM)
- Second ones build everything 3 times faster than F2P, they get reasonable amount of 5* uncommon heroes and they can in reasonable time compete with the first ones. (Typical purchase is VIP pass and some cheap offers - spending about 10-20/month)
- Third ones - they need all the way go the slowest way - no second builder, not many 5* s , but in long them they’ll get as far as the second or first ones.
I made some justification to myself to be in the second group and not to be in the first or the third. I believe if I like a game I can spend a bit on it and rather than spending lets say 40 quid on Oblivion, I can have 2-3 months of fun at E & P. Also, I could never justify spending as much as a value of the car for a game.
Disadvantage being in the 2nd category is that you don’t play with what you really want, but what you get by random. Examples:
I wanted Hel, I got Tarlak;
I wanted Ares, I got Inari,
I wanted Red Hood, I got Rumpelstiltskin,
I watned Kage, I got Mitsuko
But I still have a lot of fun for my tenner. In long term, if I survive here, I’ll get everything I dream of. In even 3x longer time F2P people will get everything too … There are many free tokens, they can get all…
So choice is yours.