Pity Counter/Timer for Summons MASTER

You raise some interesting points.

Really? Some examples, would support your argument.

So, who else is to blame? No one makes you do 100+ summons - it’s a choice, a game of chance a gamble. The odds of pulling specific heros are not in your favour, but it’s the individual’s choice.

So, you’re advocating a completely p2p? You can buy the heros you want? I completely disagree - as soon as you put a price tag on heros, the person with the biggest wallet has the advantage.

My take - away: Chasing specific heros is a very expensive undertaking and not for the faint of heart :thinking:.

5 Likes

Only current HOTM I have received since I started playing was Frida. Have I chased others, of course. Do I expect a SG to just hand me something because I feel I deserve it, of course not. As others have already stated multiple times there are no guarantees in the draws and no need for pity.

2 Likes

Diablo 3… Hearthstone… Epic Seven’s stuff… and I heard even the famous / infamous MythWars Puzzle (which I trust you know very well what it is) has this kind of system as well.

Like I said… its easy to put the blame on the person who chose to spend.

EASY… right? Put it on the individual choice whatsoever and then we move along… while each and everyday we keep on reading people doing up 100 pulls without a single 5*.

I prefer SG look for some sort of solution. Make the customer happy. Or… they can just do like what you said… blame it on the people who choose to pull.

If you look at those people in Youtube and Facebook… it almost seem like everyone and their family has Kunchen, Gravemaker, Guin and two or three copies of each HotM from the first one up until Kingston.

The way I see it… people with the biggest wallet already have the advantage long time ago. These people never complaint about bad pull as well. Look at the guy pulling Kingston after 160 pulls. He stated it directly in his video that he is a pay to win player. When in another video he made a 60x bad pulls he just shrugged it off like it was nothing.

The only true limitation that exist in this game that closes the gap between f2p, c2p and complete p2w is ascension materials… not heroes.

In this situation no matter how rich you are… the best you can do is 100x pulls during Atlantis that will net you 10x chance for ascension materials… which in my experience usually result in 3 gloves, 3 compass, another 3 shield / blade / orb and only 1 tabbard or tonic.

I’m not advocating a complete p2w… but implementing something like pity counter that go across the months will even benefit f2p.

Imagine someone uses a token… collect a token for Halloween up to 50 token… yet every single pull he gets nothing. But with something like pity-counter with more and more pulls he make… he will increase the chance he has for HotM.

The pity counter resets each time they get a 5* hero even if its not a HotM. So there are people who keeps on getting 5* in just a pull or two. Pity counter will not work for them.

Just my point of view… if you would like to read more on the suggestion head here…

1 Like

If you are chasing the heroes, you need to accept the consequences. Any halfway decent hero to fill a gap is available from TC20. Not the best obviously but usually good enough. My team is full of them.

4 Likes

And the odds dictate that is not that uncommon.

6 Likes

Yes it is… lol…

its just that I kinda feel for the op… 290 pulls is something huge for a lot of people. At least give the guy something worth it… well he did have to accept the consequences… but man… 290 pulls?!

The most I have ever heard is 160x… forgot who it is and where I read about him though.

Because that is squarely where it belongs. I probably made that many after Kage when he first came out…lesson learned.

6 Likes

OK… another one with 290 pulls. Wow…

Did you manage to get any other 5* within that 290 pulls?

Many of them…I never had issues getting 5s or the HOTMs…until I stopped spending as much.

2 Likes

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

Ok, 290 pulls without a HOTM is different from 290 pulls without a 5*.

I’ve made well over 100 pulls since my last HOTM in July '18. A couple 5* in there.

Just an update but 324 pulls was the magic number to get kingston.
Relieved to have finally got him.
I (very) roughly guessed it at about 85k gems. A f2p to have this kind of pulling luck would never see a 5* portal summon.
For so many posts to say that the current system shouldnt be improved really surprises me as its just a game for fun and i dont care what others pull providing they enjoy themselves. I spose this is the beauty of forums that everyone has a right to their own opinions.
Ps: Did i mention i just pulled kingston woohoo lol

4 Likes

I’m not that far behind. Made around 240 pulls but didn’t get him either. I’m on the very verge of giving up. Just one more 10 pull and that’s it.

2 Likes

May I know… apart from Elkanen… did you got any other 5* heroes within that 324 pulls apart from Kingston?

Sure, at around 260ish pulls the first 5* dropped being elkanen followed by magni and quintus. I already have every s1 and s2 4* hero so the rest bar a few dupe bt were feeders. So in total 4 5* in 324pulls but the part i wish the game would address is the first 260 pulls. Some form of pity counter to reward dedication of players spending their hard earned supporting the game would help the unfortunate and not really affect the majority of players.

3 Likes

Horrible idea people would just hold tokens that’s 5 months garunteed hero of the month

Pretty sure you aren’t understanding what I was saying.

@DoctorStrange You can easily make tokens out of pity counter if that would trouble the company too much. And if that would trouble you too much that someone gets a 5* ”every five months”.

We all know that the RNG is a bit too much in some of the aspects of the game. The bad luck protection is not a novel idea, and is implemented in many RNG games.

For example in Hearthstone, every 40 packs you buy you are guaranteed a Legendary card no matter what. It also scales - the closer you get to the 40 the higher the chance. Other games also implement it in different mechanics of their games.

I am not saying necessairly put it everywhere, but probably at some parts of that involve purchases?

Like in a 10 elemental roll get at least 1 4*. In 40 rolls, get at least one 5. For hero of the month it could be 100.

It can also be implemented to a lower degree in titans and elemental/chests. I would definitely would like it implemented to balance out non-color specific ascension items. (8 compasses, 0 gloves)

It is a common technique in RNG games and I think with carefully crafted numbers it would solve the dissatisfaction for many of the customers, as nothing would be more infuriating then getting a 10 3s from a 10x summon.

@Petri

2 Likes

I like the idea of an incremental percentage increase for tc20 and the summon gate. The game should level out for people with “good luck” and “bad luck”. Same thing for HOTM. If you do a certain number of pulls, whatever that number is, you should be guaranteed the hero.

5 Likes