🏴‍☠ Pirates of Corellia: Marie-Thérèse – Thoughts & Discussion

This is how I have been using her. I’m still going to put her as my purple tank, and I have ascended her over Kunchen without regret. I like her a great deal, that doesn’t mean they’re still not a few tweaks that would be helpful. I think one of the biggest ones might be HoT. I have been giving this a lot of thought lately, and if she healed all at once I would feel a lot better about her. I guess my feeling is that if you have a slow hero and you actually get to the point where they fire, the bonus should be a guarantee. For example, Kunchen/Vivica gets their full heal. I definitely do not expect for powered zombies, but I think this hero is a real opportunity for coolness.

2 Likes

I can’t find the comment to respond to right now, but I do have a synergy that works well with her. Are use her in tandem with guardian panther. Guardian panther hits first, and then one or two turns later she hits. Nice damage uptick on 3/5 of the enemies

So, this morning I have a new dilemma. I feel that she is actually an offense of hero. She has a strong attack number. However, I want to use her as a tank as well. I could go either way on this, thoughts?

I’d use her as a flank. She doesn’t punish enough or heal fast enough to be a tank

1 Like

We coordinate purple tanks, so this is not an option. Again, I could’ve put Kunchen there, But he just isn’t fun

1 Like

Kunchen is without a doubt a better tank, but I understand wanting to game to be fun for you too

1 Like

We already win most of our wars, been globally ranked #1 global multiple times, several 100k titan hits, I need new goals to keep my head in this game. I can tank with Sartana, Guardian Panther, Kageburado, Marie ThÊrèse, or Seshat. I have been using Kageburado.

1 Like

Frogger, did you go the offensive path or defensive path with emblems? I need to get these assigned to her today

Froggy…my device likes to auto correct me

If you’re tanking her, I’d focus on defense and heath, her hit is just kind of anice bonus and isn’t going to get very strong even with emblems there, so keeping her alive to fire and clog up the middle gap is most ideal I’d say. Any health she gets, her zombie will also get, which is nice.

2 Likes

Her weakest stat is her health so I’ve been choosing the route that gives the most hp. I am only at node 7 so that’s one hp/defense route and one hp/attack route

It looks like I did what you would suggest

3 Likes

Anyone have a maxed Marie Therese and care to share your thoughts on her? I have her and am on the fence whether she is viable or not to max.

All input will be appreciated!!

She seems not very good to me. I’d never use her on defense but on offense the zombies can serve to distract snipers and save your more important heroes. Personally, I would ascend a lot of other purples before her. Plus, there’s stiff competition for monk emblems.

I’ve got mine at 3.70 and there are many other purples I would ascend before her. It’s especially disappointing because I got 2 of her :roll_eyes:

Would you ascend Her or Grimble assuming no other purples are an option?

It really, as always, depends on the rest of your roster. My thoughts on Grimble are that his time will come, but it’s just not his time yet since there aren’t enough minion heroes present to justify ascending him. That being said I’d give the edge to Marie, but personally, I’d wait for something else to come along unless you have 10 or more tabards

1 Like

I have her at +6 on my team. She is amazingly on offense, does mediocre on defense because she is a slow hero.

The ability to be turned into zombies + the defense buff is huge, keeping the team alive and sturdy. The zombies are great meat shields and since they are v fast the specials are easy to charge.

Beyond that her tile damage is good, currently she is at 801 for attack 1301 health and 759 on defense.

The thing I find annoying about her is she heals and buffs defense making it unlikely for the team to be turned into zombies. So she’s basically just an average quality support hero helping to heal slowly with a moderate defense buff.

1 Like

The zombies should be a last ditch option anyways. This is what makes her great, the sustainability gives her time to fire her special again, and even if she doesn’t she most likely will be revived.

This is also why I like that she has a damage component. She is a great offensive hero that gives you two teams to work with.

I just had her at 173 health with +18 sonya who had a defense debuff with a kingston zombie vs a +6 joon and Kad +7. Joon fired and hit kingston and gave me the opprotunity to fire up sonya winning with just her left vs Kad.

3 Likes

Thank you for your input. I will likely ascend her over Grimble for my next purple!