🏴‍☠ Pirates of Corellia: Marie-Thérèse – Thoughts & Discussion

I’ve ran into Atomos this tournament and his does not work there. So I’m going to assume that her zombie revival wouldn’t work there either.

2 Likes

Neither Muggy nor Alberich revive in Bloody Battle either, so that seems like a safe assumption.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say dispel makes her useless. There are many heroes with dispellable abilities and aren’t useless. Yeah, it helps if it’s undispellable but not every ability out there can be that, or else what’s the point? Guin can be dispelled, but she still wrecks ■■■■.

I’m excited for Marie-Therese, with so many things happening when she goes off, I think she will create a lot of chaos and I am excited for her dynamic on people’s teams. I think she will be a great flank. Plus 100% health on the zombies seems really badass!

2 Likes

I’m not sold on her resurrected zombies, they don’t seem all that useful to me. 500 atk and 500 def is really bad, even with the v. fast skill it’s not that strong of a hit.

Muggy’s chameleons seem better, because at least those revive with their original stats in place (the defense and attack modifiers are on top of their original stats).

Would be curious to hear others thoughts on the zombies. The rest of her skill seems like the better treat to me though.

2 Likes

She’s interesting — but not enough to displace the
two loves in my life:

big-city livin’ and
a voodoo woman named Phyllis.

4 Likes

Guin kicks ■■■ because of her mana steal. She can’t be dispelled for at least one turn after she fires and her regen kicks in twice because of that (unless you have a way to resist mana steal). Also she’s average mana which makes it harder to have a dispel ready before she fires.

Marie on the other hand is easy to dispel. Plan a bit ahead and charge a dispeller before she is full and you can dispel in the next round.
1 round of regen, a bit of damage and a bit of damage prevention from her def buff. Maybe not completely useless, but definitely not a hero I’d put in a defense team.

2 Likes

I’ve made a note of her Zombie blessing in the Status effects thread.

When I fought her in the challenge event, I didn’t notice a buff or anything like that for her resurrected zombies :confused: But I did note that zombies themselves can not get the buff again.

Also with @Aquaginera_7DD’s help, we noticed that Muggy’s Bruiser Bro does not stack with Zombie blessing. Since Atomos and Muggy don’t stack, I’m assuming the same is true for the zombie blessing.

2 Likes

Are her buffs supposed to be un-dispellable? Cuz when I went up against her as a boss in the Epic-15 level, I would hit her with Sonya, and the health regen, defense buff, and zombie blessing remained active on her and her allies. I only noticed it on this level, so I’m not sure if she did it on other levels.

If it’s supposed to be un-dispellable, the power description should say so. If not, then the bug should be fixed.

2 Likes

Yes, they are dispellable.

I’d try to take a video if possible of the buffs not getting dispelled. Certainly sounds like a bug to me.

1 Like

How much mana support do you need to make a slow hero act like an average mana hero?

I have a level 12 4* mana troop giving 9% increase to mana gen and I have pirate family bonus to give 2% mana boost too.

Does anyone know the math on this? Or how many tiles less to fill a mana bar does a combined 11% give a slow hero like Marie?

Does not sound like anyone is terribly excited about her.

2 Likes

I believe you need level 17 troops, unless you unlock a mana node in the talent grid

Or level 11 troop with class bonus…

I think she is ok for a hero. Good even if she has a strong hero to guard her.

She is terribly strong as a boss.

2 Likes

2 Likes

yeah tough for me to get overly excited about slow mana heroes for the most part…too many strong heroes with average-very fast mana and many dispellers as well…I also think they’d do themselves a favor to make ascension mats at least just slightly more obtainable…for many players that have a small budget or none at all a hero has to be amazing to be worth ascending cuz these asc mats are so incredibly rare…so unless the hero is really good I wonder to myself is it even worth it to pull?? (I still pull anyway🤣) but to have a “pretty good” hero on my bench that it may be forever before I can maximize them? don’t mean to whine or complain…i also don’t want it to be too easy cuz the rarity of these heroes is exactly what makes it so fun to obtain them in the 1st place…but the % of chance to pull the best heroes is so crazy low to start with…so just thought it’d be cool to make the asc mats at least “slightly” more obtainable to ascend the heroes we are lucky enough to pull…that would encourage me to pull even more…

1 Like

I know I’m the only one on this thread showing some love for Marie, but I currently have her at 3-70 and I love her! She has been amazing on my team and I love that she can continue my teams longevity in battle a few extra turns by turning everyone into a zombie. Those extra turns have truly been clutch in getting the extra mana needed to finally finish off an enemy, when applicable.

4 Likes

She’s decent, I think she pairs well with Kunchen, Rigard or Sabina. One heals the team, and then Marie can use her healing over time to keep your team healthy the following turns, even after taking damage from bosses or snipers in raids.

Her advantage over most other healers, is that she hits enemies with her skill. Closest comparison being Red Hood, except the HoT here is a buff rather than tied to minions. And being slow she deals more damage than Red Hood too; the damage she does with her skill is actually not bad (underwhelming for a slow hero but with all the other stuff she has, I’m ok with that).

I don’t really consider the zombie blessing to be a good thing though. The game may consider it a buff, but the zombies are horribly weak even if they get a v. fast skill (which is weak too). Can’t comment on offense, but I’ve found her a couple times in raids, and I don’t consider the reborn zombie heroes to be a threat at all. I suppose at best, it’s a last chance to fight back that she gives you (albeit not a great chance)

1 Like

Something that’s at least interesting with the zombies is… if she is able to tank (still uncertain there), she can limit your ability to ghost tiles down the middle and protect her flanks a bit longer from high damage middle tiles, which also will give them more time to heal up if they had been weakened at all… how effective will that be? Not certain, but currently holy has no dispel option and that at least gives her abilities a chance if she’s stacked against… maybe.

3 Likes

Only posting to shame the community for running past this gem.

Also I think if you have to carry a slow dark hero, Kunchen is still supreme, although I’m sure some people will find combinations with good synergy with MT.
#ontopiccommentary

1 Like

Yeah that’s a good point. I hardly noticed tbh, since it took me one turn to KO her after she was a zombie (using a 3-2 yellow and red stack, with red tiles mind you…)

1 Like

Cookie Settings