🏴‍☠ Pirates of Corellia: Marie-Thérèse – Thoughts & Discussion

New Pirates of Corellia Hero: Marie-Thérèse!

:bar_chart: Stats

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon_with_face: Dark/Purple Monk Slow
:crossed_swords:
Attack
:shield:
Defense
:heart:
Health
774 723 1301

:family_man_woman_girl_boy: Pirates Family Bonus

:dizzy: Special Skill: Zombie Blessing

• Deals 168% damage to all enemies.
  • All allies regenerate 612 HP over 4 turns.
  • All allies get +30% defense for 4 turns.
  • All allies receive Zombie Blessing. If the blessed Hero dies in the next 4 turns, they will be reborn as a Zombie with:
    • 100% health.
    • 500 attack.
    • 500 defense.
    • Special Skill: Poison Bite.

credit to @Aquaginera for documenting the Poison Bite Special Skill of reborn Zombies in the live game:

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Marie-Thérèse from her last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Marie-Thérèse?

This thread is for initial thoughts and discussion on Marie-Thérèse.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Marie-Thérèse and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is she worth summoning for?

• Would you use her on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Would you give Marie-Thérèse Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of her special?

• What do you think of her character design?

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a Challenge Event Hero?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 2% chance of summoning Marie-Thérèse.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 18 times out of 100, you’ll get Marie-Thérèse by pull 100
  • 63 times out of 100, you’ll get Marie-Thérèse by pull 500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Marie-Thérèse by pull 1500
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Marie-Thérèse by pull 2300

Putting that in Perspective

• 82 out of every 100 people won’t get Marie-Thérèse by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 820,000 of those players wouldn’t get Marie-Thérèse

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Marie-Thérèse by the 1500th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 1500 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Marie-Thérèse

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in #gameplay-help-tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:bulb: Have an Insight on Marie-Thérèse’s Game Mechanics?

Click for Info on Creating Player Guides

This thread is a great place to discuss anything and everything related to Marie-Thérèse.

Once those discussions have yielded notable insights, I encourage others to make reference guides in #player-guides that synopsize specific questions and answers about Marie-Thérèse.

Topics that are most appropriate for that are ones that players are likely to be searching for or wondering about in the future.

Creating a guide is a good way to make that information findable in the future without having to read through a ton of posts. You can make use of the Forum quote feature to avoid having to rewrite explanations that have already been well written.

Here’s an example of such a post: [GUIDE] How does the Queen of Hearts’ Taunt work with AoE specials, or specials affecting nearby enemies in addition to the target?

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Do her and other revivalists (Muggy, Atomos) overwrite each other’s specials? If not which take precedence?

2 Likes

What does poison bite do?

1 Like

That’s an excellent question that indeed needs clearing.
Dead hero’s can be revived only once (untill they are dead again) so knowing what happens when you use her with Muggy is something that can make huge difference.

2 Likes

Seems like a good support flank?

@Snowdoggydogg @HarryDeB I just tested it:

They seem to overwrite each other, BUT: Muggy’s special cannot be dispelled, so Marie’s special doesn’t overwrite Muggy’s if you used Muggy first.
But the other way around it works: Muggy overwrites Marie’s special if you used Marie first. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Thank you for this update and testing it!
Makes sense if they overwrite that Muggy’s special will stay as it is not dispellable.

1 Like

Similar skill to atomos. it’s hard to say who is better…

Bravo for SG for atomos…

She seems more like Alby to me, even though the mechanics of her revive are similar to Atomos.

I got her on a 10-pull. Unless it starts raining tabbards, she’ll be warming the bench for a couple of months.

4 Likes

That was a very interesting question, I just can’t picture them fighting on the same team :rofl: I will say, the character intrigues me, it has a certain ‘fun factor’ to it.

1 Like

You don’t get to see those pairings in Diamond.

1 Like

Thanks!

Also, since her isn’t undispellable: do you know if her zombie status can be cleansed or dispelled from her allies?

This is the Zombies’ special skill:

Poison Bite

Mana Speed: Very Fast (Didn’t know that before :astonished:)

• Deals 240% damage to the target.
  • The target receives 70 Poison damage over 6 turns. (This is the base amount which will always be higher due to the +att from troops)

@zephyr1 Maybe you want to add this info in your OP? :slight_smile:

Side Note: I calculated the 70 Poison base damage based on two findings: 90 damage with +25% troop and 78 damage with +10% troop. Hence, 1% in attack bonus from troops seems to give an additional 0,8 Poison damage if I’m not mistaken.

+25% attack troop: poision%20bite
+10% attack troop: poison%20bite2

One thing that surprised me tho was the HP of the Zombie-Hero. Why is the HP lower than Marie-Therese’s base HP?! I tested her at 1/1 with 632 HP. So shouldn’t the Zombie-hero have at least 632 HP as well since it says “100% health”? :thinking:

9 Likes

Yes, her special can be dispelled. But once the hero dies and is already a Zombie, this state cannot be dispelled anymore I’d assume.

2 Likes

Thanks, that makes sense.

I’m assuming too then that Muggy’s bruiser bro buff overwrites Atomos’ immortal buff based on the fact that Muggy overwrites Marie’s zombie buff

EDIT: oddly enough, it looks like zombie state isn’t considered a buff :stuck_out_tongue: It’s just a state. Unlike Muggy’s Chameleon mode… I’ll have to check Muggy out to see if this was changed for him recently.

1 Like

That’s my guess, yes. :slight_smile: And Marie-Therese will also overwrite Atomos and vice versa.

2 Likes

Thank you Aqua, I’ll keep this in mind when I update the Status Effects thread later today.

1 Like

Added, thanks! :heart_decoration:

She’s ok. Not great at slow many and only regen instead of heal. At least the family bonus can help somewhat.
Her skill is kind of strange. Regen and Def buff but then also revival. It’s not synergy but damage control. And dispel makes her useless.

Has it been tested if the Zombie revival works in bloody battle? Not like she would be good there anyway.

1 Like

Cookie Settings