šŸ“ā€ā˜  Pirates of Corellia: Finley ā€“ Thoughts & Discussion

I just want to say thank you, the less Finley the better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Worth to note is that attack boost in war is a buff that trigger Finleyā€™s melee. Just had my 3.70 lil captain obliterate opponentā€¦

1 Like

Completely agree. Alasie is one of the best snipers in the game, no doubt, but if youā€™ve got some kind of buff or element link going (and how often does it happen that you donā€™tā€¦) then Finley is by far scarier, itā€™s not even close.

3 Likes

@amessofamind @Kitten

Thanks for the reminder and Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m likely wrong in going with Alasie. Sheā€™s not a bad option but might be less of a game changer.

Finley is somewhat like Alby, he can turn it around.

I actually almost lost a new win vs a top player because out of habit I fired Victor which defense buffed all my heroes.

Opponent only had Finley and one other hero left bug yeah, Finley almost wiped out 4 heroes and this was with them offsetting some of the damage with the defense buff.

OK, I have 13 resets. Will play around some more but Finley may make the starting team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrong, alasie is a great hero and solid defender, I use her, I donā€™t have finley and depending on the team Iā€™m facing on offense iā€™d likely prefer her in my stack over fin, he just has a bit more demand for attention then she does on defense. In the raid above, i couldnā€™t have held off my links, I needed to use the heroes specials to win the match, sure I could have brought heroes without links and buffs but that weakens my teams and Iā€™d assume most peopleā€™s, some folks will potentially find Finley less of a threat (say a hel, panther kage stack) in raids but in wars Iā€™m assuming folks that are facing a few Finley have links and buffs in their other buildsā€¦ I could also be completely wrong and he only is a threat to me haha. And Iā€™m sure your defense will do fine either way.

1 Like

Donā€™t believe is even close frankly - Finley in a strong lineup at defense is just pure pain. Either you need to eliminate him first ( which is far from ideal as you lose specials not to handle then the tough 3 in the center ) Hate seeing him - am quite happy to see Alasie in his place these days.

An example below from 10mins ago - just lost 3 times and can say that Finley was the difference all the fights - 2 lost with Finley standing at 300-400 health

5 Likes

@ALI_G That team is disgustinggggggg :scream:

5 Likes

Agreed
Twenty re-rolls

4 Likes

Finley +19? Where these people set up so many emblems. My heroes are still between +12 and +14. I hate being jealous. :sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I never re-roll and usually go until i beat the team until the 3rd flag - just like the challenge + donā€™t want to miss the opp to test myself at the toughest defenses - this one and another one few months ago are the only ones that couldnā€™t overtake in all 3 flags. Frankly this one am not sure after fighting it 3 times that can win more than 2 out of 10 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hahaha thatā€™s he same Finley that I posted a few posts above, looks like he added jabba in. Tough defense for sure.

2 Likes

I re-roll as needed, as I think it allows me to fill the hero chest quicker. Most of my battles are revenges. I will always revenge a team, even if it looked like the one above, until I win, or lose 3 times. I have to defend the honor of my watchtower.

3 Likes

Soooā€¦ I woke up today with highest cup total yet: 2618ā€¦ but I did just give emblems to the whole team which I was stock pilling during the test periodā€¦ so who knows.

No matter what heā€™s super cool and a very original hero, so Iā€™m happy I gave him the emblems. I tried him for the first time on offense yesterday during the warā€¦ andā€¦ heā€™s just disgusting.

I used him in a dynamic duo with his friend from the sea Mr. Fish Boy (Wilbur fully emblemed - requiring 9 tiles to activate) and, I kid you not, I killed 3 heroes in one shot. Just disgustingā€¦

Heā€™s my new best friend for wars. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

They seem like a great combo! Do you have black Knight? Heā€™d be a great addition. Or either King Arthur or Frida :joy:. (Just imagining the carnage if those fired in the optimal order)

@Abigor

Alliance mate shared video of ambo raiding with mono Finley team lol. I3@$Tard has 5 Finleys! Not to mention main with+19. Maybe heā€™s with SGG or Zynga.

Anyways, I was still debating between Alasie and him but will definitely reset and class him.

So finished with resets and heā€™s doing well on my defense but even better on my war defense.

5 Likes

So I have to say Finley is totally overpowered. Have faced him now on many raid defenses, and he does damage 1500+. He does it also when I have no buffs on my team. Itā€™s fine that not all heroes are created equal but this is plain ridiculous.

PS: Funnily enough I decided to post after losing massively to the player screenshotted above. I did good, then Finley went off. Wish I had pressed rematch and recorded it.

No, he doesnā€™t. And if Finley is OP, then how is Kingston? You donā€™t have to be a mathematician to see Kingston deals a greater damage and his atk debuff to 3 targets is also annoying. Finley does better if you have buffs, indeed (excepting defensive buffs, because his damage is reduced from start and diminished with every hit). As attacker, you control the field, not the AI. If you cannot handle Finley in time, you can control your buffs. So tell me again, how is this ridiculous?

2 Likes

Finleys nightmare:
Mitsy and a bunch of non buffed minion summonersā€¦

2 Likes

Or any mana controller hero, who can be used on most annoying enemy, Finley or whateverā€¦ But even if he fires, I donā€™t find his damage annoying; there are more lethal snipers than him. I meet him every day in my raids for the chest; heā€™s a very good hero, but not OP. Not even closeā€¦

3 Likes

Rightā€¦ his description says if none if the other enemies have buffs, he targets another enemy. I did a few raids now against an emblemed version of him, so the damage is even higher but I guess I said 1500+ and this is more like 2000. I couldnā€™t stay alive with more heroes to verify he hits more than once on non-buffed teams.

1 Like