šŸ“ā€ā˜  Pirates of Corellia: Finley ā€“ Thoughts & Discussion

I like having Kiril or Boldtusk to push his high damage even further. Also, another sniper to follow his hit for that 1-2 punch, or even better, my +19 Skittleskull to lay waste on the whole board (if Finleyā€™s debuff got them all).

I do find heā€™s a bit of a non-bo with Wukong, since a MISS means the chain hits stop.

1 Like

Finally had to fight him because of revenge reasonsā€¦ Was surprised to find that if he hits a hero with Riposte and the Riposte would kill him, he still continues hitting more targets with buffs and the Riposte and damage only happen after he finishes hitting.
This could be by design, but it feels wrong to me.

3 Likes

Idk if this was discussed but would Finley and Kingston complement each other or do their buffs negate each other?

What about Kingston GM Guin Kage Finley defense?

I think itā€™s by design. As a Finley holder, Iā€™m glad to hear heā€™s a devastating kamikaze lol

How do they negate each other? Attack down and defense down will definitely stack, and are a great combo in my opinion. Unless youā€™re fighting a hero which buffs enemy attack and youā€™re counting on that buff for Finley to hit the whole team. Then firing Kingston first would limit Finleyā€™s devastation. However, Finley then Kingston would be a fearsome 1-2 punch!

2 Likes

After several weeks testing within raids and wars I have to confess that he definitely isnā€™t the hero I wished he was. His damage output isnā€™t really hard. The most discussing aspect of his damage and his possibly def down to all is not really that big.
He hits one of the five enemies (when they all have their buffs on) normally hard and the others not really. The last two enemies will get a damage of 50. Therefore I wish I had an Isarnia with a longer lasting defense debuff and a harder damage than Finley does. His only advantage compared to her is his mana speed.

Isarnia gives the enemies -44 def and for six turns.
Finley gives the enemies -34 def and for three turns.

Isarnias damage is a guaranted one with a solid 235% (with her high tile damage really noticable).
Finleys damage is highly reduced if he hits more than one enemy. I will give you a screenshot if you want to see the little damage he does to the rest of the enemies. And his def down isnā€™t guaranted cause you have to hope for buffs on the enemy team.

Iā€™m rather using my other good blue ones I have, i.e. Frida, Richard, Kiril, Grimm, Triton and/or Sonya in raids. Finleys special depending on the opponents buffs isnā€™t my type. But, donā€™t misinterpret me, heā€™s still a good and versatile hero. Just for me, he isnā€™t that overpowered.

1 Like

Iā€™d love Fin, if I had him, but now I fear him for attacking all buffed.

Mitsuko seems to be his perfect counter. Watch her taking down him @2:40 by reflection.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to revisit my post of 25 days agoā€¦

I bought the telescope deal today and am finally maxing Finley.

Has anyone properly tested emblemed Finley vs. emblemed Alasie on defense? Does he hold cups better? Is he harder to fight in wars?

Iā€™m really tempted to move my emblems over to him and see. Would love to hear otherā€™s experience before I waste a bunch of resources moving 11 emblems over.

Thanks!

For folks that rely on hotms in builds Finley can be very frustrating on defense, for folks that donā€™t, heā€™s less worrisome. For me heā€™s more of a threat then alasie but his threat level isnā€™t the same for every player and every team. Alasie is consistently good, Finley has the bigger upside but also has the more lackluster strike when buffs/links arenā€™t present.

3 Likes

I keep facing this dude, with high emblems, in raids.
If you ignore him, he will kill you.

As @amessofamind said, the vanilla heroes have fewer worries, but cā€™monā€¦ how many of us like our HOTM? Letā€™s just say that this dude was made to counter them en masse.

I am very very hesitant to call any hero OPā€¦

But if ANY hero in the whole game is OP, it is Finley. Hands. Down.

If I face a lineup with him, I make sure to kill him as quickly as I am able.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback gents. Your comments makes me want to do it. All of us raiding in the top do so with mostly HOTMs.

For some reason I havenā€™t faced him a lot in raids (once or twice I think), so I donā€™t have enough experience to form an opinion.

I think Iā€™ll capture a week worthā€™s of data with Alasie, then move my emblems over, and run a week with Finley.

Iā€™ll report back.

1 Like

If your lineup fails, itā€™s not Finleyā€™s fault, Iā€™ll say that much.

It seems unreasonable to compare him to a hero with slow mana speed, expecting heā€™ll hit harder with a longer effect. If he did what Isarnia did at fast speed that would be insane.

To me, he seems like a good situational hero to have for facing certain team compositions, instead of a one size fits all hero. Perhaps experiment with him in different team synergies to see if you can make better use of him. I think using him with Wilbur and an attack buffer would be pretty satisfying. Sure, heā€™d overwrite Wilburs debuff, but only after causing devastation to the other team. Throw Kingston into the mix and youā€™ll have the strongest hitters hitting like kittens when all is said and done as well

Now that he has been put for a while
Who is better finlay or alice

Theyā€™re both really good. Iā€™d say it depends on your needs. Sniper or potential AoE? What kind of raid and war d:s do you usually face, really high end or vanilla? Does your own war d need a pure hard hitting sniper or do you have a slot for a maverick?

Iā€™d do Finley if regularly facing heavy d:s (lots of hotms and/or buffers) and if my own war d didnā€™t need a pure sniper.

In fact Iā€™ll do Finley as soon as the missing scopes show, and Iā€™ll gift him all ranger emblems. Much like @PeachyKeen Iā€™ve found him a worthy adversary, I rely on hotms myself on attack and he owns me if Iā€™m not careful.

1 Like

I faced him in a few raids now. If I have any buffs on, he goes on a carnage. Super good defensive hero. Have seen him mostly in the right corner.

1 Like

Bloody hate this hero on defense.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advices , good to get some feedback as havenā€™t come across him in raids or wars yet

Any ideas on best placement of Finley on D team? Iā€™ve been playing him at left flank:

Zim - Finley - Ursena - Joon - Kingston

Finley is definitely a VERY strong defender, and an incredibly strong punish for color stacks with HotM. That said, Iā€™m not convinced that heā€™s better than Alasie for defense, and Iā€™m far from convinced that heā€™s the best blue attacker.

As you stated non-HotM generally dont have a ton to fear from him, and sans buffs Finley is actually pretty mediocre. Yes, HotM usage is common, but is certainly far from necessary. There appears to be a learning curve to dealing with Finley, similar to Aegir, but once we adjust to playing around him I doubt we will feel that he is OP. Heā€™s still a strong defender, and punishing attackers who misjudge or forget about elemental links on their attack will always make him a strong choice for defense.

Edit: To clarify, Iā€™m not suggesting that Hotm should be left at home, just that judgment/discretion/careful target selection must be exercised if he seems poised to fire