Pirates Of Corellia: Final Stage Beef

So, I’m at work right now and I just beat the final legendary stage for the challenge event after I read a ton of posts stating that this stage was a nightmare. Did it take me about 8 minutes to finish? Yes. Was it incredibly hard… not really. The only enemy hero that does damage is Sargasso, and it really isn’t that much if we’re being honest about it. The tough cookie in the final stage, imo, is Lady Locke if you don’t have a way to get rid of her DoT add to the fact that she heals her team, that can also be frustrating, but it isn’t impossible to defeat her, as long as you target her first.

The team I took consisted of and in this order:

Wilbur, Drake, Joon, Delilah, Jackal

With that team, the blind and minions created barriers for the enemies to punch through and Sargosso hardly did anything at all, because he kept missing.

So, depending on your roster, if you have a hero with blind and a way to cleanse your team, it is just a grind… unless you just bomb the heck out of the board when you get to the bosses.

My question that I want to ask is why are people saying this particular fight is so harder? If you compare it to the final boss fight for the Christmas event, it is actually a whole lot easier because MN was a whole lot more reliable and Santa was a whole lot more inconvenient.

Since I am currently at work, I am unable to record, but at my earliest convenience, I will record and upload my second attack against the final boss stage of the pirates event. Until then, tell me why you think this event is too hard in comparison to the other events and the final Christmas stage.

2 Likes

@King_Kyree77 I’m guessing you started a new thread to get attention, but wouldn’t this be better here?

3 Likes

@littleKAF, no, that thread keeps going back and saying that the new pirate event is too challenging with little to no context as to why. This thread is meant to ask why people think this particular challenge’s final stage is too hard. I want an explanation and have provided some context based off my experience with this event and others I found more challenging.

5 Likes

I have had no problem with the final stage in any event, until now. I tried six times with different mixes. I finally did it with Vivica, Frida, Guinevere Wilbur and Red Hood, with Dragon attacks and time stops. and I still had to spend the 75 to continue.

the main challenge for me was not being able to use Proteus. Usually Proteus + Red Hood gets me through anything.

1 Like

I guess I don’t have the right heroes for final stage legendary because Guins mana cut just isn’t enough, Joon and Jackal can’t stomach their hits and once Locke goes off everyone is dying, and having a healer and sniper isn’t working.

I tried 6 different times with6 different teams and no avail.

3 Likes

Who do you focus on when you start the attack? Do you go to the battle with all of your heroes charged? Do you have a dispeller?

Who did you struggle against the most? Which enemy did you attack and try and take down first?

This last attempt I used BT, Jackal, Guin, Joon, Marjana in that order (yellow in the middle so that Guin can add heal to Joon/Jackal as the squishy heroes they need it), all specials charged before entering the board. Try to take out Locke first because her special alone overpowers Guin and BTs heal combined. But since Guin isn’t pro once tiles are fired it still sets specials off. Once the specials are off game over I died

I used Pro for stage 14 because no purple boss but can’t for 15 because Sargasso and Marie reflect

I’m sure you know, but in case you don’t… lady locke can be completely ignored so long as you bring antidotes, that can cleanse you before she does any damage.

7 Likes

What do your other hero options look like?

1 Like

2 words : Time stop :wink:

I used 2 and it was more than enough.
Bring hitters and a healer and with Time stop, it is manageable.

5 Likes

I would venture a guess that a lot of players don’t have that quality of heroes to send at this stage.

I went with a similar team, also fielding Joon and Jackal, and think that in general Yellow is a great color to stack for this event. I also didn’t have any problem with the last stage but know I’ve got a very good team for it.

Maybe previously players with 4* rosters were able to complete the legendary event without much difficulty, and now it’s very difficult. I’m not sure. I don’t see your post as a ‘guide’ for how players can beat the level - but you’ve got some of the components.

If you wanted you could probably make a guide on what you think it takes to beat this event, what items are best in your opinion, and why, and what factors you consider when team building.

I don’t think we can cite lack of effort as to why people are having problems. I assume it’s either they don’t have strong enough, or the right heroes, or their strategy is lacking. We can certainly help with their strategy.

8 Likes

P- Rigard Merlin Proteus, Cyprian, Kage (4/67 going up)
Y- Jackal, Guin Li Xiu
B- Sonya, Kiril, Triton, Grimm
G- Hansel, Caedmon, Melendor, Gadeirus
R- Marjana, BT, Wilbur, Scarlett

3/70 heroes: Joon, Isarnia, Miki, Mitsuko, Seshat, Lianna. Drake is in upper 3s going to 3/70

@J1mau gonna craft some timestops now.

Use Miki and Wilbur with Jackal, Joon and Guin.

Take mana potions and antidotes.

2 Likes

I would try
Wilbur - Jackal - Guin - Li - Kiril

Bring Time stops, antidotes, dragons/bombs, arrows

Dragons will shorten the fight, although Locke can cleanse. Bombs will help your survival
Time your Time stop so no boss ever fire. Better to use 1-2 more than to get screwed by their special.

Try to get a good board and maybe a diamond or lots of dragons on the board
Be sure to have everyone full mana and health
And good luck :wink:

2 Likes

This is more of a strategy since people have different heros.
I don’t use any power ups. When i get to the bosses, I fight until i am defeated.
I then use the 75 gems to continue the fight. At that time i use my powerups. time stop being one of them.
I love a challenge, but they have made these so challenging that i’m not enjoying them the way i used to.
Strategy and countering used to be the way to defeat the final level. Not anymore. You need huge combos and luck of the tile colors. I do love this game. however,…
Between work and family, I’m finding it hard to get the time to complete them. That didn’t used to be an issue.
I’m a little frustrated. In epic we are fighting 5 star heros only being able to use 4 star heros. That instantly places us at a disadvantage.
I hope this strategy helps others.
Blessings and happy gaming

5 Likes

@J1mau you think Jackal being the only sniper will work considering the other 4 practically do no outward damage (Li does 150 to all but that’s tiny in the bigger picture), no ones tile attack is higher than 669, and everyone minus Jackal is average mana so without the pots if my boards don’t line up I can’t fast fwd mana cut/heal/Damage?? Granted the yellow stack will hit hard but that’s only if and when yellow tiles are able to fire off…

@King_Kyree77 I used Jack/Joon/Guin before but not with Miki and Wilbur (with BT/Marj)…do you think Joon at 3/70 will survive their hits with your suggested line up?

Just asking both of you guys to be sure.

I’m definitely gonna bring the battle items y’all are suggesting

Legendary was a piece of cake on the final stage, but Epic was tough for me until @Ituri gave me some great advice on my lineup.

For Legendary I brought Ranvir (3.70), maxed Evelyn (to dispel the zombie effect), maxed Athena, maxed Onatel and maxed Magni. I brought Antidotes, Tornadoes, Small Mana, and Axes. I think the gold stack definitely helped. I want to try it again with Vivica and dropping the antidotes to make room for bomb attacks. I think I’ll be lacking in quick and heavy firepower, but 2 blues seemed to delay killing Lady Locke.

I guess I’m with you @King_Kyree77, that I didn’t find the final stage all that difficult on Legendary, but with Athena, Legendary Avalon is really the only one I struggle with. I would make a case for bringing a dispeller (especially if you have a passive dispeller) to make Legendary a bit easier. If they can’t turn into zombies, it goes much faster. I think I finished in 5-6 min.

2 Likes

@Tamsin it’s so weird because it was the opposite for me, I got through epic like a piece of cake, and just about most of legendary too. I died once at stage 11 legendary, switched my heroes a little and beat it, same with 14 once I saw who the heroes were and actually use for Proteus because none of the bosses had reflect so I just popped the mana pots let Proteus go off and they never got to fire once while Marjana burned them to death.

But the final stage of legendary? Completely different.

2 Likes