ℹ Phoenicus – 3* Fire/Red from Riddles of Wonderland

New Riddles of Wonderland Hero is released: Phoenicus

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Phoenicus, as well as your thoughts on him.

Phoenicus

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:fire:
Fire/Red
Monk
F
Fast
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 506 591 923
3/60 625 730 1141
Origin Family
Challenge Festival Wonderland
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Valueable Contribution
  • All allies except the caster gets +50% attack for 3 turns.
  • All allies except the caster gets +24% mana generation for 3 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Wonderland Family Bonus

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Phoenicus from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on new Rare Challange Event Heroes for Challange Festival Event [Part of The Beta Beat v44]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Phoenicus ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Phoenicus.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Phoenicus and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Phoenicus worth summoning for?

• Would you use Phoenicus on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Phoenicus ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Phoenicus as an opponent?

• Would you give Phoenicus Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Phoenicus’s character design?

• If you Summoned Phoenicus and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Phoenicus, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Phoenicus when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Phoenicus, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Phoenicus (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Phoenicus), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Rare Event hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

6 Likes

Feedback Poll - Phoenicus

:question: Is Phoenicus worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Phoenicus compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Phoenicus is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Phoenicus’s Special Skill match Phoenicus’s Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Phoenicus’s Primary Purpose is?

• Attack Buffer
  • Mana Generation Increaser

0 voters

:question: Is Phoenicus worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Phoenicus is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Phoenicus will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

First pull from the Festival portal. Currently levelling him up, as I have no other real projects to speak of. That mana generation sounds great to pair with Treevil.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m thinking paring phoenicus with treevil

3 Likes

Bauchan is from the same family as Treevil, is also a 3* red monk and also provides the same mana generation boost of +24% for 4 turns instead of phoenicus’ 3 turns but at average speed. Worth considering/replacing?

3 Likes

It’s surely debatable. But I would go Bauchan because of the mana cut that he does on the opponent. However, when the Challenge festival comes around again, I’d pair Treevil with Phoenicus for the increased bonus.

Phoenicus kinda does the same things that Hawkmoon and Bauchan do (minus the healing and the mana cut…however it would be nice if Phoenicus could do that as well. That would be lowkey OP).

If you’re not going rainbow, why not use both?

Just pulled Phoenicus. Dumb that everybody gets the buffs but him, but at fast speed… ok. However, some great points are made about Bauchan being a better pairing. To me, I feel like Bauchan would be better on defense and the reason why is that pesky mana cut. It’s the same deal with Li Xiu:

You get an amazing cascade that charges EVERYBODY, but defense gets to go before you get to fire anybody and Bauchan will cut everybody’s mana just enough to where nobody can fire until at least the next turn… if you survive anybody else on defense who gets to fire along with Bauchan.

This effect isn’t as appealing on offense. I think I’d rather go with the attack bonus that Phoenicus comes with.

4 Likes

You might also get an extra turn of mana gen+ on defense with Phoenicus ((being fast over average) which would allow other defenders to fire which could cut mana, taunt, def down, boost attack, dodge, etc… I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you are making it out to be. Also Bauchan’s mana cut on offense, just like on defense, can delay specials for a turn or more. Can be just as valuable there.

If you dont need mana control, what about Bertulf? + 100 attack, albeit on average, just sounds better.
Also Phoenicus and Bertulf stack, which can be super useful for certain set ups.

1 Like