🕵 Phileas Fogg – S4 Hero – 5* Nature/ Green: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Phileas Fogg!

:bar_chart: Stats

Phileas Fogg

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:leaves:
Nature/Green
Fighter
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction – Received damage is reduced by -20% for the first 3 times this Hero receives damage from Special Skills.
:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Increased Damage Against Boosted Health
After this character casts their Special Skill cast, all allies’ normal attacks and Special Skills deal +70% damage against targets with boosted health for 4 turns .
:dizzy: Special Skill: Valiant Lunge
  • Dispells buffs from the target.
  • Deals 420% damage to the target.
  • The target gets -58% defence against Nature for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 20% / 24% / 28% / 32% / 36% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 50 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no major changes to Phileas Fogg from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Info: 🧪 Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Phileas Fogg?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Phileas Fogg.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Phileas Fogg and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Phileas Fogg worth summoning for?

• Would you use Phileas Fogg on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Phileas Fogg?

• What heroes would you take when facing Phileas Fogg as an opponent?

• Would you give Phileas Fogg Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Phileas Fogg’s special?

• What do you think of Phileas Fogg’s character design?

• If you Summoned Phileas Fogg and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Phileas Fogg and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Phileas Fogg when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Phileas Fogg, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Phileas Fogg (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Phileas Fogg), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 4 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Underwild Featured Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 4 Underwild Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 4 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 3.3% chance of summoning Phileas Fogg (Featured).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 9 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Phileas Fogg by pull 30
  • 28 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Phileas Fogg by pull 100
  • 50 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Phileas Fogg by pull 300
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Phileas Fogg by pull 898
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Phileas Fogg by pull 1380

Putting that in Perspective

Gems cost $99.99 US for 10,000. A 30x Summons costs $83.99 US.

• 91 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Phileas Fogg by the 30th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $83.99 USD to summon 30 times, 904,687 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Phileas Fogg.

• 28 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Phileas Fogg by the 100th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $281.97 USD to summon 100 times, 716,133 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Phileas Fogg.

• 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Phileas Fogg by the 1,380th pull.

• If 1 Million players each each spent $3,863.61 USD to summon 1,380 times, 9,975 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Phileas Fogg.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Phileas Fogg (post release)

:question: Is Phileas Fogg worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Phileas Fogg would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Phileas Fogg’s Primary Purpose is?

• Dispeller
  • Primary Damage Dealer
  • Support Damage Dealer
  • Elemental Debuffer (Nature)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Phileas Fogg compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Phileas Fogg’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Phileas Fogg worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Phileas Fogg is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Phileas Fogg is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

2 Likes

Save for the mana speed, this is Kageburado on steroids, without a drawback and even an added bonus in the form of Nature defence down. Looks like there’s a new sniper in town…

Definitely an A+ green hero. RNG plz gives me luck :smile:

Did have luck this morning and pulled this guy and Griffin and four 3* heroes! :smile:

5 Likes

Better elemental debuff than Almur or Merida. Fast sniper that hits hard and dispels before that. He’ll be useful everywhere, including titans.

1 Like

Got him this morning, and as I lack Evelyn/Kageburado, he is really welcome in my roster. This gentleman hits hard, and I’m sure he will be very versatile. I just need 3 more tonics to max him ! image

3 Likes

The speed difference is still a big advantage for Kage, Especially with a lvl 11 troop.
The very fast for Fogg would have been too much i suppose.

I’m glad i Pulled Fogg and i already have Kage. They will kick but together

1 Like

@Nightmare2048

Who is Merida in the English? I don’t recognize her name. :smile:

Evelyn. I was just making a reference to Brave because Evelyn was obviously more than little bit inspired by her.

3 Likes

Better than Evelyn on titans but Evelyn dispels and debuffs 3.

Evelyn is better on raids. But I like S4 design heroes compared to S3. More balanced.

1 Like

They are not completely identical. Fogg is more a big hitter/sniper, while Evelyn is more like a secondary hitter.

1 Like

Yes. But looking at the elemental debuff side, Evelyn is better. Fogg would kill someone making the debuff a little redundant but very nice against a titan.

No doubt a nice to have hero but not essential enough to chase unless you don’t have Evelyn or the cheaper Almur on your roster.

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. He’s so strong that the elemental defense down may not even be applicable.

On another note, does anyone know where he stands as far as how powerful a snipe he has in comparison to other snipers?

2 Likes

his tile damage, being a fighter, will have him hit the 940s roughly. nice tile damage

Slightly above Alasie

2 Likes

I got 2 in a 30-pull. Very annoying. If the game is going to favor me with luck for a change it could bloody well give me 2 different 5*. No good way to trade this - HA is useless, spitting out common S1 5* cards.

2 Likes

Since Phileas Fogg is the second 5* green with a EDD, and Blue has 2(Arthur and Frida), will we see a second EDD for Purple, Red, and Yellow heroes in the future?

Purple hopefully. Panther is so hard to get.

I did 30 pulls in total (2 x 10 plus the 10 tokens) and managed to get all of the new 4s, most of the new 3s and 2 copies of Fogg. I was going after Elizabeth, but happy with the results. I’m levelling my Kage up at the moment and I can see the two of them (along with Kingston and Seshat) having a great time!

2 Likes