Phase difference in summoning

Hey. I’ve been in the game for almost 5 years. From C2P (lets say up to 1€ per day) to medium customer (about 3€ per day) and last year back to C2P (back to basics!). As long as summons are concerned a general rule that came to me as follows (consider myself nor lucky neither bad lucky):
when you push some money into the game for one period (about 1 to 2 weeks), then you get some luck but later on meaning in the following period (next week). However, this is more bad than good since you have to buy stuff a week before the cards you want appear in summon! Furthermore, this way you may get some cards later on but they are of different seaeon,event etc so you have to change your summon strategy and look to build other teams… well, thats what I call “phase difference” meaning there seems to be a time lapse of about a week between your gambling shots and any given rewards.

1 Like

Data?

Or feels?

3 Likes

I go through the same cycles without spending at all.

2 Likes

I don’t have cycles. I have a constant flat curve! :sob:

2 Likes

Forget all the complicated explanations. Everyone can interpret it their own way, but it all boils down to the fact that it’s random, just like a slot machine. You can spend a lot of coins on one slot machine and not win anything, then someone else comes along and wins it all. It’s all random. My suggestion is to pick a superstition or a routine and stick to it. For example, I only do single coin pulls and never spend more than $4.99. I stick to the same approach every time, and surprisingly, I often end up getting the featured hero. Who knows why – maybe they notice my consistency and decide to give me the featured hero. But again, it’s all random.

2 Likes

Many games use an adaptive RNG where a feedback loop modifies the core percentages. That feedback loop is based on each individual’s spending pattern and drop success rate. The feedback loops are designed expressly to encourage more spending.

We don’t know if e&p uses an adaptive RNG, but if they did, there actually would be some cyclic behavior in drops, but a core random element would still be there. The feedback loop would probably not be stable, but change as spending patterns change. A whale would not have the same feedback loop as a c2p because the loop would detect differences in willingness to spend.

Again, we don’t know if e&p uses an adaptive RNG framework. But they might.

4 Likes

I never got sexy heroes from the few times i spent on buying summon packages. Not once. The rare good heroes that i got were the ones i summoned with the coins obtained from completing map stages. Algos work in weird ways indeed, and not in a way that encourages “small” spenders to spend. “spend big or don’t spend at all”?

Nice thinking! I have another idea explaining summons:
every player-customer is assigned to an employee that clicks on or off certain cards regarding customer’s attributes (eg. Money and time spent in a specific event or portal etc etc). So if this player-customer happen to summon inside the specific portal that he has the OK to get a specific card then, he just gets it! Thats more random than adaptive RNG, it,s just fuzzy logic (=human logic).

Over a million accounts started the Raid League event. You think an employee made a decision and clicked a button for each of those?

5* summons are about 2% so even 1million goes to 20000…and why not? Depending on money, time, participation at events, war, titan, quests …forum(!) etc its just a click for every player every now and then. Personal assistant for customers;)! (even by an AI employee).h

It sounds like your personal assistant is sleeping on the job.

I think mine is the CEO’s great-grandson.