Petri Day Planning - 1st October - bring cake

Why do you want to thank only to Petri and not to everyone at SG?

1 Like

We will have to make that International Petri Day - the E&P community is international, after all… :wink:

6 Likes

You are correct! I’ll update the original post!

@rook or another mod… could you move this to community content? Really sorry that I didn’t think to place it there originally. The thought didn’t occur to me!

Hoping some other creative types wander in here with some ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Moved the thread for you.

May I volunteer to be a creative type?

I would love to support Petri day. Although I like to think that some of us have added the occasional thanks…it probably makes up at least 1% of his mail bag.

Perhaps everyone celebrating could change their game avatar to Derrick - Petri’s Doppelgänger (umlaut noted, moustache cat).

According to his profile, his official anniversary (or cake day) would be in April…but I expect we’ll forget by then!

5 Likes

Thank you guys, I am humbled and honoured :relaxed: but may I suggest that we would rename it to moderators and staff appreciation day? You know we have other staff here as well and our wonderful moderators @Rook and @Coppersky who help to keep things in order here!

9 Likes

You guys crack me up. I’ll be there if there is cake. I may even rework a poem or two. grins at Petri

10 Likes

No Petri day is complete without Petri Dish (Petri dish - Wikipedia).

4 Likes

Thank you!

I was planning on it :wink: I considered tagging you but didn’t want to obligate you :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s true. This was an exaggeration on my part :stuck_out_tongue:

YESSS!!

2 Likes

This is a fine point. Ill Have to discuss it with the creative team, see what they think.

Personally, I think if we make the scope too wide we lose some direction. I agree with the sentiment though.

@JonahTheBard you’re the rest of the current creative team. What do you think? :stuck_out_tongue:

Name change ruins my song idea :frowning:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

prod, prod (but it is a friendly prod, not mean or anything)… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: didn’t you forget something?..

2 Likes

I’m good with keeping just Petri day. Let’s wait to see what the rest of the creative team thinks :wink:

Say. We need more creative team people!

2 Likes

Here’s my thoughts, @Duaneski

Forum Staff Appreciation Day - yes to including wider staff, although Petri is the poster-boy and most widely known. So I think plenty of Petri specific content is justified. Including the others means he won’t get stick in the office!

Bit torn on moderators.

Rook, who I would gladly vote for President of the World, was celebrated on her ‘cake day’ forum anniversary and very rightly so.

However, I think it is sometimes unhelpful to conflate mods and staff. When people are getting angsty and a bit vocal, I think it serves the mods to be seen as independent.

As such, I would suggest that as there are only two mods, that we can manage to celebrate them in their own right on their anniversaries or another date.

Am I overthinking that part?

But a big YES from me - I love positivity in the community.

I’d say, pick a day a bit sooner - we aren’t actually booking a venue, caterers and a DJ - go 1st Oct.

Then run regular encouragement and reminders. Launch a fresh thread on the day with a brief explanation and hopefully we can enjoy some fun with our forum buddies.

7 Likes

Can I intern? I’m creatively limited, but I make a mean coffee.

6 Likes

I’m taking a gamble on your location and demographic for this reference to make sense:

bob-holness-on-blockbuste-007

“I’ll have a tea, please, Brobb”

3 Likes

I have no idea who Petri is but for a shot of whatever that thing in the green bottle is or less I will turn my Photoshop on. The graphic artists in my neighborhood said they will be there too.

5 Likes

:rofl::joy::joy::rofl:…nice reference @JonahTheBard
Unfortunately, if you think @Brobb (or indeed anyone) is going to be sat in their armchair doing that strange Blockbusters Dance, while sniggering to themselves “Can I have a P please Bob”, you’ll be well wide of the target.
Now it’s time for the Gold Run…

4 Likes

It’s Petri all the time! :smiley:

5 Likes

Aw, but it has to be Petri day – I’ve already started cooking up some Petri dishes:

:partying_face:

8 Likes
  1. Moderators are not Staff

2. Staff Appreciation Day (Headlined by PETRI!) :grin:

3 Likes