Personal reasons

No sarcasm intended against you @GhostMel .

I find in most computer-related situations, if there is confusion or user error, in most cases it IS because of a poorly-thought-out UI experience, which is down to the programming and development side.

And perhaps my response was an excellent example of a poorly-thought-out experience as it can be a bit confusing with the :rofl: thrown in there.

:laughing:

Edit: And well done on persevering through it all and succeeding. Many would have just given up.

7 Likes

Oh no! I’m sorry. I’m a sarcastic person myself, so of course that’s how I read it. My apologies!

Now I’ll vent, though I’m sure it was still user error on my part. Sounds like you’re familiar with how interfaces work. Maybe a developer a or just more knowledgeable then me-- I don’t understand how I could simultaneously link my Facebook account enough to donate but also, not be “signed in enough” to hide my name…it was bizzare. Or I’m getting old. Or both.

I was certain I had clicked that option when I first donated, so I thought the site and I were square. I had to wait for that particular donation to appear on my profile/list before I could hide it using Zephyr’s screenshots as a guide.

It was worth it, though. In the end, it all worked out, and it was otherwise super easy🙂

6 Likes

Today I been in a confusing situation, The mail man came with a gift from SGG!!
Some kind of T-Shirt, I was so happy untill!
He told me there is fee on it !
484 pounds!
Shock moment. Then sadness. I couldn’t receive it, too much money that I don’t have, and if I have would be better to see doctor or buy medics.
I am sorry that my country doesn’t support citizens any more.
I am grateful to SGG for the gift, very generous from you guys @Petri @KiraSG . And sorry that I couldn’t take it. Wish situation was else so I could have it and post selfie with it.
Happiness and sadness are mixing inside me.
I just love you guys thanks for every thing your doing for me.

8 Likes

That’s about $30/£25

I guess that’s the import duty?

Will they hold it for a while?

8 Likes

Thanks guys for this donations. It’s so much to do for me in few hours!
God bless you all, keep me in your thoughts and prayers if you have belief @General_Confusion @Bzzinator @Joyful818 @Saphirra @JonahTheBard @_John_Doe @zephyr1 @Olmor @nevarmaor @GhostMel
And every one … thanks for the strong non stopping support. Grateful for good.

13 Likes

I dunno I told the mail man I cant pay for it. He looked at me as if I am a joke. Took it with him and left.

6 Likes

Man, that seems so mean and unfair.

Great of SG to send a good will gesture and then horrible for red tape to spoil it.

11 Likes

If you find out, anything else, please let us know.

8 Likes

I am very much saddened that being a minor, no credit card, that i haven’t donated yet. I will see if i can borrow one.

12 Likes

Moral support is just as good as any other.

10 Likes

Fund on max bro.
Dont be sad prayers are great and thoughts from you helping me much too.

11 Likes

Good to see you active @Jedon, just don’t overdo it :smiley:

11 Likes

Your support and kind words on here are enough. Say a couple of prayers, do a kind deed. That’s all anyone could ask of you. No need to go and borrow a credit card from an adult. For a minor your really are an inspiration to us all

15 Likes

Hey, I don’t know you. Only through this thread. But seeing your face in that little circle made my day. I’m thinking about you. I just wanted to let you know that your positivity and kind heart are appreciated. No one deserves to be in that kind of pain. I hope you’ve found some relief. You’re a good person. We need more people like you.

Don’t feel like you have to reply to this. Save your energy. I just wanted to let you know that I was happy to see your face today. And I hope I can see it tomorrow and for many days to come. I think it’s safe to say that we all do.

12 Likes

Thanks everyone for the generous outpouring not only of money, but of positive thoughts and prayers for Jedon. I just transferred the latest contributions to him. We are still a bit short of the needed amount, so please let others know about this.

I’m continually amazing at the kindness of people everywhere, and this forum is no exception. Bless you all for rallying for a fellow human.

16 Likes

Just adding a link to the GoFundMe for easy reference:

Thanks @General_Confusion for handling all of the logistics and transferring the funds. :heart:

11 Likes

This is why I love this forum, thank you @General_Confusion for handling all the heavy lifting.
@Jedon, I hope you’ll continue to keep us updated and I promise prayers are always coming your way.

14 Likes

Personal update:
I will be visiting 2 doctors today for heart and liver
Your generosity guys allowed me to make the appointment, hope doctors will not change midecs but only dosages.
I am recovering and doing good needed so much insulin and Airstabx plus 40mg for blood pressure and medics of liver.
And your spiritual support are great :heart:
I owe you my life guys.
Thank you all.
Please accept my Love and respect .
Jedon

24 Likes

I cross all fingers I have that the docs can help you, my Dear!

9 Likes

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear your feeling better.

9 Likes

Cookie Settings