People joining and immediately leaving the alliance

This major issue for our alliance. Its very annoying. Year ago I suggested a black list option to add players who you dont want to beable to join your alliance. We have alot of the same player names popping in and drowning our chat boards.

1 Like

Or

If your alliance uses either option,

ā€¦ this is no longer an issue. :sweat:

1 Like

@Sarah2 our alliance was established by New players. Invite only is not the solution. Especially since we gave up tye constant effort of recruiting. We havenā€™t had a recruit for many months and were too small/weak for high leveled players to want invest time with us.

I agree your suggestion, which can effectively fix that issue.

Ultimately you are taking a risk by leaving your alliance open.

Believe me, I understand wanting to recruit new players, and my alliance generally welcomes new and lower level players as long as they have been properly vetted first.

If it is too much trouble to get to know people before allowing them to join, or youā€™re not finding any recruits that way, then yes, you can leave the door openā€¦ but that means that literally anyone can come in, at any time. Mercs, trolls, alliance war opponentsā€¦

The thought of random people just walking into my house unannounced at any hour, making themselves a sandwich and making themselves at home, taking cheap shots at my titan, spamming crude remarks in my alliance chat, plopping down in my favorite chairā€¦ew. No thank you.

You can keep a black list of course, but you also have to hope that someone else in your alliance is around to properly stop that sort of behavior. At the very least, you will probably want to lock your doors during war matchmaking to prevent possible deserters from coming in briefly and screwing up your war score.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand how being established by new players means you canā€™t be invite only :thinking:?!

Recruitment is an entirely different issue altogether.

So, is the issue random people upsetting your alliance, or

FWIW being a small alliance of good people for a length of time is a great way to grow an alliance, especially if everyone is a daily active player. From experience, thatā€™s what draws other like minded players. GL.

A great piece of advice, and one worth repeatingā€¦

2 Likes

This is true if they join in on a Titan after it has spawned, but if they join shortly before your Titan spawns, and leave shortly after it dies if it is a rare (else theyā€™d jump right out), then as amazing (to me) as that sounds, I think they actually are hunting for rare Titans. Especially if this happens around the time you can expect a rare one, as they are spawning on a somewhat predictable schedule.

I am not sure how people have data on Titan spawn times in different alliances, and the more or less expected schedules of rares, but we have seen this exact thing happen in the past multiple times, and once 3 people came in minutes before a rare one did spawn. Then 2 of them got extremely rude in Russian (which I donā€™t speak, but Google Translate does :sweat_smile: ) because they came to the realization our alliance wasnā€™t Russian, even though I have no idea why they would think that in the first place. The third person was friendly and stayed till the Titan was killed. And before that incident, we had multiple times some people jumping in right before a new Titan spawned, around the time a rare one was dueā€¦ too close in time and too frequently for this to happen to be a coincident, imho. We did change to invite only after this all happened (it was the straw that broke the camelā€™s back really).

I asked the guy that stayed that time how they knew when our Titans would spawn, but he never answered that. I am still very curious about itā€¦ does anyone know?? Is there a merc group somewhere gathering and sharing this data with each other? Are they just randomly jumping in and out of alliances to find this all out?

1 Like

We have no data, we just jump from open alliance to open alliance, stop when the timer is almost there, see what spawn, if itā€™s rare stay, if not leave. Hence and repeat.

Additional info: you can look at the previous titan. If it was rare it is clear it canā€™t be a second one and you can leave, if it was escaped the next one canā€™t be rare (so you may leave before it spawn).

You should not slaying it before 20 hrs, otherwise the loot is still halfed and all of that is useless (but you can just use a trick to log off before it is killed and log on after the 20 hrs has passed)

Yes, i merc for rare in case you didnā€™t get it, and i also opted out from wars to not bother alliances.

2 Likes

Thanksā€¦ it still seems curious to me and it feels more than coincidental that we had people join so close before a new Titan spawned as many times as we did, like minutes before. But maybe it was just coincidence, it is human nature to sometimes look for patterns even where there arenā€™t any.

I think it is no coincidence.
I usually do it on a specific range of alliance points.

Less points meaning lower titans (lower then 5* you canā€™t have rare) and too much points is either too much difficult to join or are setted on invited.

So if your alliance is in that specific range, is more easy to be ā€œvisitedā€.

1 Like

I see, that does make sense. Thanks for sharing and explaining that.