:monellenges: Pch ge

I think this is the start of a bad road ahead if we have to start paying for game content. Yes you can save up gems but that still isn’t free. This also tips the scales a little farther for P2W which is not a good thing.

If it costs gems I may try it to see what it is about but don’t think I would play all the time.

2 Likes

I feel the beginning of my end in this game might be getting close at hand.

8 Likes

I thought the raid challenge thing sounded interesting when i first heard about it, but if it’s going to be a game feature that you need gems to participate in, i see it could quite quickly get bloated with those with lots of money to drop and those who hack gems, making it impossible to compete for any of the prizes.
The last Zynga game i played was that way. Every time this one particular event happened in the particular game i played, I’d try to compete, but with leaderboard type events, things can get ridiculous.

I’m not ftp, but if there is any kind of leaderboard i will not participate. Even if it was a free entry. I would only participate if there was some sort of completion rewards, like in the challenge events. I have absolutely no desire to try and place.

6 Likes

Obviously we haven’t seen the content yet, but judging by every piece of competitive content that we have thus far, a small group of players are going to be getting all the rewards. If it’s free, I would try to get a participation award/lowest tier reward. If it is pay to participate, I would have to strongly take into consideration that the chances of my actually reaching a lowest reward level are negligible, so the decision not to waste gems on this is pretty much a no-brainer.

7 Likes

thats your opinion and for that you are correct my point is if its worth paying for then there is nothing wrong with having something to participate in by choice.

1 Like

The same here :sunglasses:

1 Like

I would add a new reply: if this is the direction this game is going, I won’t be spending more gems… ever.

7 Likes

I’m not F2P or C2P but I’m not spending a single gem on this, regardless of rewards.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t have to spend gems to play game content.

7 Likes

Since I love raiding, I will max my gem usage.

1 Like

I answered 10-40, assuming it would go forward. But my preference would be 0.

We don’t pay for any segment of the game to date:

• Map/Provinces
  • Raid
  • Titan
  • Quest/Rare Quest
  • Event

Why should this be any different?

15 Likes

From what I’ve seen the rewards are similar to an elemental chest if you place in the top 100. I don’t know how much that falls off for lower tiers though. I’d certainly pay 100 gems for a guaranteed elemental chest, plus heroes killed in the raid challenge count towards the hero chest, so it’s value is further increase. I’m confident in my ability to consistently place well, so will buy into every raid challenge.

That isn’t to say I like the fact that these challenges are pay to play, I just think that the rewards are worth the gems on average. I’d much rather have the events be free to play so everyone can have fun, but have part of the rewards behind a paywall like every other part of the game.

4 Likes

complaining about paying for a once week thats garunteed to have something versus paying hoping to get heroes???

how is this different than that when with this you know there is something guaranteed that you can actually work for currently plenty of heros are only pay to receive so i dont see what the big deal is bout haveing a gem worthy event to play for not just outright purchase. you actually pay for a chance to earn something with your gems which is healthy for the game. if paying doesnt make you wanna attempt to get good then nothing will.

show me a player that finishes in the top of the free events without spending anything?

2 Likes

It really depends a lot, this is a global event so if rewards are like in the events, where top 10 get awsome, top 100 get great, top 500 nice and top 2000 ok then sorry but no. If top 100000 get something better than the fee then I might try once, and check how i do it. If is profitable for me i will do it, if not passssssss.

6 Likes

That’s the way I’m thinking of it too. If I don’t have a shot of rewards being worth the entrance fee, there’s no way I’ll blow gems on it.

6 Likes

On a matter of principle I don’t think I’d participate if it costs gems. I believe all the events should be FREE for everyone.

There are a lot of other uses for gems and lots of opportunities for players to use them (and for SG to make money).

If players want to spend gems to be more competative, that’s their decision. However, to charge just to play a certain aspect of the game, in my mind, takes the game in a bad direction.

14 Likes

I spend somewhat freely in this game, but doubtful Im going to pay an entrance fee to compete for emblems… unless the “completion” rewards blow me away… and I mean 3 star mats (plural), maybe a 4 star mat, and 50+ emblems.

5 Likes

You’re assuming that the motivation to play is for the rewards. Personally I like the idea of a raid challenge with restrictions on the heroes used, just to try a different sort of puzzle. I wouldn’t expect to place, just as I don’t attempt to place in challenges because I don’t want to pay for items and world energy for multiple attempts. So for me it’s less ‘is the reward worth the cost’ and more ‘is the experience worth the cost’. And that’s something new in the game.

I’m happy for people to spend more than me and play at a level I won’t touch. I’m happy to pay SG a modest amount through VIP and the odd deal to keep the game going. I’m not happy to have to pay just to play, and I’m not happy to access a feature that my F2P alliance comrades can’t.

6 Likes

they can earn gems and pay just like everyone else how are they not able to play? my motivation to spend gems is to get something useful for them. if i spend 100 gems which js the equivaent of one world energy or a raid refill to win much needed ascension items even at a chance would be fun for me personally but to each their own. no different than a a poker buy in tournament and those are fun as well as usually u dont have the same people at the top of a random event leaderboard as you cant prepare for it like the seasonal events

1 Like

Absolutely nailed it @Maldoror

The only time I would pay gems is if Morgan Le Fay was a participation reward.

Which is to say I would never pay.

2 Likes