Pay2Participate Content (New Raid Challenges). What do you think?

I am strenuously against this model, personally.

As many here know, I’m functionally F2P/C2P, and 100 gems per event would put this out of my grasp rather quickly (as there are more important items I save my gems for)…

11 Likes

What if first prize was some fresh catnip and a new squeaky mouse toy??..:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

This is a really good assumption. I just think since the top 100 being almost always the same. lets say 20-30% always win, in just 2 months they would be able to win 8 times and put a REALLY good distance from everybody else, thus increasing their odds of winning until it will be impossible to win anymore.

2 Likes

No, at least not in the current version from what I’ve heard.

1 Like

@Ichigo is this the image you shared?

@Rook that image can be found in the link attached which SG publicly shared. Idk if “beta content” was the reason you edited though but just in case

3 Likes

I changed my views on this further down in the post, I agree with both you and rilf. Stupid me was just too hung up in what i mistakenly had interpreted as the rules :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also don’t like this pay for content model. It moves in an entirely different direction than everything beforehand.
Most importantly, it will definitely upset the balance of f2p and p2w. Those that make it into the top reward tiers will be claiming a much higher amount of AM than will be available to those that cannot pay to play.
Up until this point, those that were willing to pay had some advantage. That is fine. But this will turn some advantage into big advantage.
Once this pay for content model is inserted into the game, it opens the door for more and more of the same. I find this extremely disappointing, as the balanced content is what has kept me here.

10 Likes

If the 1st run for each player was free, would it be more appealing?

By the way witch and rook, seeing both of your avatars responding to me at the same time is creepy as hell lol like 1 black cat wasn’t enough

2 Likes

I want to say “NO PAY!”…but if at least one run was free, that would fulfill my VIP model (free content first, then pay). Hmm.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just pretty much how i look at current monthly events personally

I can complete each tier for free

But if i want to further improve my score to compete then it’s going to cost

2 Likes

@Witch is a dragon! get your cats right!
LOL!!!

2 Likes

Looked like a cat to me lol but yes after a 2nd look you are correct i think

2 Likes

No, not really.

Because to climb the ladder, you must use all your (new, additional) raid flags. Re-rolls are fairly restricted. So it won’t be easy to reach the top. If the lower tier rewards aren’t as good as the top tier, then it will still be pay content.

@Rigs - but my new avatar is a dragon, not a cat. I wouldn’t dare try to copy @Rook’s avatar. :wink:

2 Likes

But is that a different model than the already accepted monthly challenge events?

1 Like

I didn’t read all the posts, but what if your entry fee gave you something in return, like 5 emblems + whatever rewards you get from playing. Or what if they had a free tier and a pay tier? These are all things being discussed in beta now, these threads don’t really add a ton (no offense) when a majority of beta is advocating for no entry fee, lol. Just get’s everyone riled up haha.

These events are WICKED fun in beta, it is super early and super buggy. This is nerf Guin and Zeline all over again potentially.

It’s not, if you mean you have to pay to be at the top. It’s just not so obvious as an entry fee, haha.

1 Like

The event challenges happen once a month.
If the same reward system (giving BIG prizes to top players) will be used for more events, it will eventually break the game. If you’ll have to pay to partecipate, even more and quicker.

Honestly I would prefer the old good RNG.
If you win you get x points like in the war chest. Once you complete the chest, it will be just luck.
Of course big spenders and good old players will win more often and get more chances but it’s absolutely ok… I’m not against it, I’m against a system that is strongly balanced toward P2W.

2 Likes

I think so, yes. For the current monthly events, you can play the content, without paying. You can finish the event and receive completion rewards. What you pay for, if you pay, is most likely WE. However, as in the normal raids, you cannot use battle items and there are restrictions towards which heroes can be used (which does make it a lot of fun, but that isn’t what we are talking about). So, some players may be at a disadvantage to take part and then also have to pay an entry fee?

I just don’t like the idea.

2 Likes

Yes, they are, and this is why I’m disappointed that they are behind a paywall. The variations we’ve seen so far allowed most any player to win; it’s not the rich-getting-richer. Skill and luck matter more than amazing heroes.

The rewards are also very rich, at least at the top—part of the issue is we don’t know what rewards are outside the top 1,000, say, because there aren’t that many beta testers. I would be much happier seeing a modest (10 gem?) entry fee that was broadly affordable and a ten-fold reduction in loot.

9 Likes