Pay to play vs free play

I personally do not feel that there is a major difference between paying a little to play and going free to play. Buying the VIP pass and Valor, and the odd gem purchases, will only speed up your in-game progress. You get the same result with free to play, it just takes you that many months longer. It won’t give you enough extra summons chances to greatly increase your roster strength in the long run.

I got my first hero 5 * after 7 months of playing, it was the Great and Terrible Reuben :joy: .By that time, I had the materials for the ascension of five heroes of all colors.

Well, I got my first (and second - got two in one pull) 5* hero less than a month after starting the game. I even didn’t have any 4* at the moment. My first 5 keys from Masquerade and Richard with Raffaele came.

But when did you start playing? I think I was the same (except the 2 legendary heroes were 2x Zimkitha). That was over 4 years ago when all we had was the 2nd season and nowhere near as many events. I don’t even think the rare questions were weekly back then.

That’s also a factor, I think some people just get lucky on summons while others don’t.

I think this video explains it well enough:

2 Likes

That’s some crazy results. I’ve been playing since late 2018, just after S2 came out and am currently at level 85. I was F2P until last year when I got 2 POV as I had credit that was expiring on the Google Play store…so I figured why not.

Honestly your roster is crazy for F2P. I haven’t traded away any of my HOTM and I have five…in 4+ years! My first was Reuben and he came out in 2020 so took over a year for me to pull him and at the time he was my best hero lol.

Even now I only have 27 5 star hero (working on C.Azlar).

I guess I just have terrible luck with pulls cause I have 117 4 star / 300+ 3 star unfarmable ascension mats and I don’t even do the Quests anymore as it’s pointless for me to earn more.

I have probably had some luck (some wasted - vanilla 2 Horghalls, one Obakan and Joon - and some great - C C Viv, Bonecrusher, with Peppermint also not bad). But also I think it is easier for FTP these days with so many opportunities to pull in so many portals, as well as fated summons. I have done about 170+ pulls in under 6 months with Onatel as my freebie.

2 Likes

Nice! I must be doing something wrong cause even at my level and constantly playing (about a level every 45 days or so) I don’t have many coin pulls.

For example- for the pity portal I’m at 32 and have redeemed once so far…so 132 pulls without a legendary…and I got 3 with those pulls (c.viv, c.azlar, c.elk…oddly enough costumes been good to me). I know I dropped all my gold coins for Halloween and X-Mas events that I had saved…around 50 coins and got nothing. I also burned 2 10 pulls during Halloween with my saved gems since the last x-mas and got nothing. Heck even 4 stars eluded me with only Ana Belle being worthwhile to ascend.

For now I’m just hoping my 4 TC20 can churn out 5 more legendary heroes before the next soul exchange. That and I’ll do the Homaclese dance before my next summon for luck lol!

Still a little time left, but that is my never-paid-a-dime F2P account sitting atop the leaderboard for our war in our top 3K alliance. (I think we are top 3k, but I don’t really know how to check-I know we were in the top 3k in the last alliance event). I’m not often #1 but always a strong contributor.

I do not think you are doing anything wrong, but maybe you are on the wrong side of the gaussian bell curve in summoning luck.
I can only use my own and ny daughters f2p-roster for comparison.

I play for three years and a month. 63 5* heroes, and I used ten to get Norns from 2nd SE. 47 of them are full ascended with mats for a handful more.
I have all S1 heroes except Horghall, but not ascended them all.
My player level is 88.
Took my 2nd hero ( Skadi after Ariel) from FS pool, now the counter is at 16 again.

My daughter plays three months less than me, in a slightly less competitive alliance in the top200-350 range. She has 47 5* heroes, 27 maxed, player level 78, and took Ariel from first SE for 15 souls.

She took Mitsuoko from FS, and her counter is at 30 again.

Looking at those two accounts its possible to play competitive in the top80-250 alliance range as a ftp with average or slightly better luck and dedication.
Without those it will not work.

Good luck and happy cgaming

4 Likes

Do I understand correctly, that you don’t get a lot of gold tokens? It might be interesting to track where you get gold tokens (EHTs). Do you get any from the challenge events, for example?

or do you mean more your luck? as @Gimliv said above, it might just indeed be poor luck. hopefully you get a rush of good luck soon!

1 Like

Agree 100%. What my roster might look like now if FS had been a thing in 2018!

Still my favorite hero. You’re the kind of cerebral player that will get the most out of her. Enjoy!

Thanks for the well wishes all. I’ve actually had some pretty good luck.

FS count went from 32 to 93 and I got 3 5 stars so 3 out of 64 pulls!

C2 Lianna, C.Rumplestiltskin and C.Marie Therese.

Only C2 Lianna is what I would say is a good hero but beggars can’t be choosers and I’ve got a mountain of ascension mats to use so they’ll all get leveled.

Thanks to everyone that wished me luck.

1 Like

nice, those are some good pulls! enjoy your new heroes!!