šŸ§­ Path of Valor (PoV) [28 day long version] -- General Information & Discussion [MASTER THREAD]

itā€™s all. 35 is the last

I think we are all assuming f2p can do the number of summons to get to the 4* mat. I am not so sureā€¦ if I donā€™t like the hotmā€¦ I do my daily summonsā€¦ but not much more for that monthā€¦ Soā€¦ this is going to be a shock for quite a few peopleā€¦ even the cheap to play peeps.

2 Likes

We are getting extra silver hero tokens from 2h mystic visions and extra pulls from ad pull. So I think I believe itā€™s possible. Letā€™s wait and see but I think Iā€™ve never finished the pull mission and always got everything.

Will track it to see how it goes :slight_smile: good point.

1 Like

I donā€™t know how it would be in this version of PoV, but in the old one I reached lvl 50 without VIP or any diamond summons. In fact, I have 400+ saved gray tokens just in case I need some extra summons to finish PoV (I had 500+ before I used some of them to see summon challenges of this PoV).

Iā€™m probably most bummed about the avatars. I love avatars, no idea why they removed them other than they want you to buy them from the shop.

4 Likes

PoV timeframe is cut in half but the cost of the Valor Pass stays the same? I figured one reason they were shortening it was to lower the price making the Valor Pass seem more reasonable.

Queue the inevitable ā€œmoney grubbing devsā€ comments I suppose. I donā€™t generally subscribe to that line of thought but was surprised.

Unless Iā€™m missing something?

5 Likes

Every month now, means total rewards are nearly doubled (slight decrease in emblems, gems, etc), and double the 5s ascension materials.

I can see the reasoning for same price even though only 1 month duration.

Personally I like this setup better even if it means $5/month increase from me.

Saves me from spending other places and improves my quality of life.

1 Like

And the avatars have been removed? Why?

1 Like

They will probably sell it elsewhere

2 Likes

I mean this is something great for the F2P though right? Itā€™s a free 4* Mat every month now.

For Ā£8.99 itā€™s still a good deal for me and cuts a lot of rubbish tiers out that were just cr@p anyway

6 Likes

I was hopring that greed wont take ovet SGG, i failed.
Keeping the same price for almost half duration of the event.
Greed have won again.

3 Likes

But letā€™s play devils advocate here.

We mostly paid for the summons, emblems and the 4* mat. Then they added aethers.

This was on a roughly 55 day cycle.

Now yes the cost is the same but itā€™s going to be far more loot too. Itā€™s not that theyā€™ve reduced the time and the loot. Theyā€™ve just cut out a lot of the rubbish loot levels. You are still getting the emblems, mats & aethers.

This is actually a big win for F2P as far as I can see too. Which somewhat flies in the face of ā€œgreedy Devsā€

7 Likes

Faster turnover on the POV with overall better loot now that all the junk has been cut out? I donā€™t mind it at all. I doubt F2P players mind getter the free side of it more often.

I think this is the right way to look at it. No one buys the pass for the ā€œdurationā€ of the event, the duration is the same with or without the pass. Itā€™s about what you get out of it, which is largely the same but in the shorter time frame.

For those that donā€™t want to double their spending on PoV, just buying the pass every other month seems like a decent idea, that still gets you about the same loot over the 2 month period as before plus one more 4* mat.

Imho, if you add up everything you get for the price, the valor pass is still one of the best deals in the game (the regular one, not the elite pass). Now you can get it twice as often. And yes Iā€™m sure getting more income from this was probably a consideration too on SGGs part. Thatā€™s up to them, itā€™s up to us whether we are spending it or not (I actually may not this time for reasons besides the PoV duration change).

1 Like

you presume free 2 play will be able to do enough pulls to climb to the 4* mat level. My pulls vary by monthā€¦ especially if I donā€™t like the hotmā€¦ so I donā€™t see it as a given.

1 Like

Just from Silver tokens Iā€™d saved up in the last few weeks I got to the 7th tier today. Then you will get 2 summons for free everyday + more silvers.

None of the others are that difficult to get through. Maybe the Platinum battle wins but even then a lot of people can do it by timing it right and dipping in with 6 flags and tournament hits and then dropping back out.

None of my F2P mates have said itā€™s impossible yet.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you recall how many total summons that was? Iā€™m just trying to estimate how many silver tokens I need. I mean I have a lot, but will probably use most on the last day to top that up. Given that Summon VII only requires 20 summons, I imagine that it wonā€™t take much to max it out.

I think I had around 57 saved? Then the 2 free from VIP and the advert freebie plus a couple more silvers from chests earlier.

No summons at all bar silvers though, I ainā€™t going near Valhalla when the fish is a featured hero :laughing:

3 Likes

Not exactly. I know many F2Ps who get it done using the daily silver tokens and the free daily. Not pulling outside of that at all. So definitely achievable with regular game play.

2 Likes

I have it at Summon VIII 17/25 now with 78 silver tokens.

It is 1+3+5+7+10+15+20+25 from I to VIII.

1 Like