⚖ Passive Balance Discussion: New Magic Heroes' passives

This passive is objectively OP. Clearly the only people who think otherwise are emotionally invested, for whatever reason… Cuz an undispellable mana stack passive on all?! :flushed:

…It’s insane!

& There’s a simple, easy fix:

It should only apply to one - (possibly up to three) - enemy at a time, not all. Akin to the family bonus

Obviously, no one likes post-release nerfs, but better to nip it in the bud, than have the balance happen months from now, with even more invested materials / time.

One shouldn’t be surprised, either. This has been a clear, repeated practice by SG: releasing OP heroes to make a quick buck from all the whales, then nerfing em back to a more reasonable state [after profiting]. Usually once balance has become overwhelmingly out of sync… :roll_eyes:

… Any passive that can do more than many hero’s SS is a clear red flag.

FWIW: I also think the Lunar heroes passive shouldn’t be unconditional either, and I have one of em. There needs to be even more strict rules when it comes to passives, as they don’t have the same limitations (/counters) as SS do. Cuz if they don’t, then that’s when players quit, cuz there’s no possible way to counter such… & balance? = a mess.

9 Likes

Not emotionally invested just don’t like nerfs to any hero abilities I think we should definitely be able to dispel it but I’m saying let’s have a wait and see approach before we start calling for nerfs I hate nerfing hero’s

1 Like

Glad you brought up the lunar hero’s cause that passive is OP as well and people learned how to get around it without calling for it to be nerf so that’s exactly what needs to be done here before calling for the passive to get nerf

Actually…

there’s a balance thread for the Lunar New Year hero passive as well :wink:

I understand wanting to wait it out. However, the other side of that coin is, it leads to more people using - possibly wasting - their precious materials toward a hero they may not have, post-balance, if a nerf is to be done. Think Xnolphod nerf over a year after his release… that was horrid. Imo, if a nerf must happen, the sooner, the better.

And I think in some cases, it’s pretty obvious what heroes are OP, and which aren’t. What passives are, and which aren’t. I’ve been around a long time - including as a beta tester - and from my perspective: this passive is def one of them.

6 Likes

After doing just that, many times,
Here is the result:

People say it’s easy… take x, y or z hero
Other people say they don’t have x, y or z

Then the topics devolve into name calling:
Cribs and such.

If it is OP (as R.P. rightly describes, it’s pretty obvious at times)
Then… metrics WILL form!
And a nerf will come later
Regardless!
After enough invest to develop said metrics.

Unfortunately… there are other voices within the debate. That HAVE the heroes. AND AGREE that they are OP.
and…
have the foresight to understand that over powered releases encourage the next portal to put forth something even worse. They have the foresight to understand that overpowered releases stealth nerf everything in their roster. Where everyone’s entire roster take hits that stack up over time.
But… those voices get drowned out by all the horns and drums.

The only valid solution is utilizing beta
Which would still produce attractive new heroes. But harvest smaller amounts of revenue. However… for an extended period of time and possibly, with an expanding population rather than a shrinking one.

Since that’s not happening, then…

:point_up_2: this happens no matter what!
One way…
or another.

That leaves us with only one real solution.
Try and find our own way to enjoy the game.

Fretting over balance

in a gacha…

is a lost cause

No matter which camp you choose

3 Likes

Passive should randomly target one on first charge with a 50% chance to proc on the first charge or target one with 100% to proc on the second charge. There is no reason for the passive to hit every hero on both charges, 100% of the time, delivering two stacks to all on the second charge (a permanent -10% mana generation) until the end of the fight. That’s ridiculous. Anyone who disagrees is being disingenuous.

5 Likes

the game needs development , sadly many people want the heroes released later to be weaker than the previous releases to be satisfied . really selfish. Which layer of cloud meets the wind of that layer , so If you’re not elite, don’t meet elite people
It’s like you have an old computer, while your colleague has the latest MacBook. And then you tell your boss that you have to limit the functionality of your new macbook because it works too fast, too well. Make it impossible for you to keep up with him
You know, what you have to do is improve your computer or improve the way you work. do you understand

I have Ray, Camilla and the new 4* and I the two former both at 4.01. I have these elite heroes, but I’m not selfish enough to see their power and say it’s fine because I was fortunate enough to pull them. I have always maintained that balance should be maintained, and these heroes have a PASSIVE skill that is outrageously out of balance.

2 Likes

Haha, that’s a new one! Usually I hear that people want all heroes to be S1, which is also not true.

Adding new content can be unique
And balanced…!
and still be attractive to players.
Like Lord Loki for example.

But seems that others want to auto farm raids and tout their skills for doing so.

2 Likes

Where do you see its power, I’ve faced Camila a few times and I’ve had no trouble at all. but with Aramis and Hathor yes, they annoy me, but I will try to improve my squad against them. Can you show me your magic heroes, when they stand together, how will they overpower?

I will be more than happy to make a video of my heroes and post it on my YouTube channel after I get off of work, however, this has nothing to do with the argument. The problem is the passive and how quickly these stacks rack up rapidly and with minimal effort.

I think it’s potentially one of those things which is more viable in attk so won’t be touched. Due to inconsistencies with which charge will be used etc in the same way as ninjas doubt we will see enough multiple mages on defence for it to impact. Could be proved wrong, but that’s how I see it just now.

2 Likes

Stack in passive??? C’mon SGG Devs…can’t you think of something that would not mess things up? Stack can’t be cleansed…for now no enough characters in the game that can cleanse or remove stacks…are you guys in touch with your game?..it’s already OP…simple solution just just leave stacks out of passives for now until you have made enough character that can remove them…ah okay I get it…you make money out of this fòr now and them make money on the characters that will remove stacks later…! Still sounds like bait & switch.

100% agree…:point_up_2: best solution!

3 Likes

I hope you will use it against a top lineup that includes aramis, hathor, ludwig, lady de winter… lol, I’m looking forward to it

Correction, there are more of those heroes, but perhaps only one 5*

i know because i have him too :joy:but there’s a chance he will get nerfed. I’m also trying to protect him

The passive stacks bypass taught by the way. You’re about to see it.

Here is the video you requested

The problem with the passives imho is within the nature of stacks: they’re uncleansable. Hence someone like Gazelle is needed to remove them (stacks), or the hero neeeds to die. Yep. Gazelle or death. That’s it! That was a joke. Obviously, there are not many heroes that can get rid of stacks.

This I think is where what is often cheaply paraded as Balance ought to reside, with counter-heroes. There’s an existing game mechanic for this very thing already: the magic family bonus… but, it’s not weighted correctly in order to balance the new passive. It too is a stack. But tbh, I’ve never tested the interaction of the new passive stack with the magic family bonus stack.

Have you seen the heroes on the horizon? Even more OP than Magic Family passive.

I think OP IS the business model. Get people excited to get the hero. Then get the others who can’t get the hero excited for the nerf.

1 Like

I disagree with the “minimal effort” part. Remember the heroes the Magic Family are going up against: Aramis, Ludwig, Hathor, and other OP heroes. In order to go off enough to affect the enemies, they would need to survive what the other side is bringing.

OP heroes vs. OP heroes kinda balances out [if you’re spending $$$$].

3 Likes