🦅 Para – 3* Dark / Purple from Legends of Kalevala

New Legends of Kalevala hero is released: Para

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Para, as well as your thoughts on him.

Para

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Rogue
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 518 541 1002
3/60 640 669 1238
Origin Family
Legends of Kalevala Kalevala
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Power of Sisu
When this character starts a turn with low health for the first time during a battle, they recover 15% health and receive 15% mana.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Familiar Witchcraft
  • Recovers 32% health for all allies.
  • All enemies get -24% attack for 4 turns. Against Holy characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Kalevala family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

Receive -10% / -25% / -40% less damage from the Special Skills of the stronger element. (Holy)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Para from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Legends of Kalevala Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v49]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Para ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Para.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Para and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Para worth summoning for?

• Would you use Para on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Para ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Para as an opponent?

• Would you give Para Rogue Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Para’s character design?

• If you Summoned Para and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Para, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Para when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Para, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Para (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Para), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

7 Likes

Feedback Poll - Para (post release)

:question: Is Para worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Para would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Para’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Immediate)
  • Attack Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Para compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Para’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Para worth giving Rogue Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Para is best used?

Note, as a 3* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Para is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Para worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Para then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

5 Likes

I would definitely welcome this hero to my roster. I have an alliance mate called Para. :wink:

2 Likes

Is this here 3* or 4*? Title says 3 description shows 4.

I’m confused, the basic form of this hero actually takes the form of a mouse or a weasel? Anyone knows?
:smile:

3 Likes

Definitely a 3*. Pulled him on a EHT

1 Like

I often catch mice and rats in real life. No wonder I get 5 Para. Finally, 3* dark healer on my roster.

2 Likes

considering Aderyn is thus far the only other 3* Purple healer (I think, I can’t keep track of all the new ones!), I’d say Para is quite a catch

3 Likes

A bit of a nitpick, but they must have changed the second line to be more clear.

It now reads:
All enemies get -24% attack for 4 turns. Against Holy characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.

Otherwise, the original way it is written it can be interpreted as the status effect is uncleansable regardless of of element, but lasts 2 turns longer on Holy characters.

Only reason why I noticed is that it is my only prize with 9 tokens. Oh well, a 3* purple healer is a nice change from my collection of 3* green healers.

2 Likes

thank you for pointing this out @Quinn3 , on my first glance I also interpreted it as being uncleansable on all…

Yeah, English is a fun language, even though the words are fundamentally the same, just changing the order makes things a lot less ambiguous… which is a problem in this game. I wonder if the wording is done in Finnish first and then translated vs written in English.

2 Likes

Para in Polish means a couple or steam.

Anyway, what is this that they are holding? It looks like a wooden butter churn. Or is this something else?

2 Likes

So this is who I got with my solitary EHT. Would have preferred the blue 3* can’t decide if this guy is food or worth keeping. I have Aderyn already and I’m not sure if I really need 2 purple 3* healers.

2 Likes

Have the same issue. Have Aderyn already leveled, got Para, don’t need another purple healer. Stats are similar, not sure which one of those two is actually better.

2 Likes

@Greengoo @Kilted
Keep both Aderyn & Para.
Aderyn - reduces healing for all enemies by 50%
Para - reduces attack
Both have synergy
My 2¢

6 Likes

@PlayForFun You missed opportunity to write “On Para with Most” instead of “On Par with Most” in surveys :smile:

4 Likes

I think Aderyn just prevents healing. I dont thinl she steals healing… anyway, im more inclined to use Para. Will level him up and probably replace Aderyn. I think the attack down is more useful than the prevention of healing.

1 Like

@e-man ,
Thanks for catching that. Aderyn reduces healing for all enemies by 50%
Edited the post. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I dont hve Aderyn so i will try this one

2 Likes