🌑 Papyros – Season 5 Hero – 5* Holy / Yellow: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Sure, if you’re short on minion-makers and want to feed the pengi, he can do that albeit at average speed when others before him can offer the same at fast speed with extra skills/better passives (freya, bera, motega, etc)

As one of the original featured heroes for S5 summons, I’d expect a bit more than that.

1 Like

But y’all keep forgetting that in order for his minions to actually work, they need to be hit. If his minions are hidden behind any other minions, then they’re useless.

6 Likes

I addressed this in a couple of posts above and completely agree with you @Theo87 (reply fail)

He might be viable either at v/fast/charge speed or if minions act similar to motega in that they just need to be present when given hero is attacked, for sand damage to result.

3 Likes

There are those who pointlessly argue that this hero is good. There are those who give team building lessons such as synergy etc. this hero is bad it’s that simple! good if this hero is a hotm (weak hotm) or t20 hero. Is this the s5 hero? He is among the 3 worst holy heroes of all time.

2 Likes

Don’t think anyone here is trying to suggest that this is a good hero, but trying to find ways to make him usable (failing so far!)

Nothing wrong with looking for synergies; I think maybe sometimes this is tinged with frustration when, instead of trying to find solutions to difficulties, people shout NERF or BUFF.

I will certainly agree that, especially given the relentless power creep and money grabs, poor Papyrus could’ve been afforded a little more oomph to start S5 with a little excitement for those who pulled him.

I coupled this one with Hulda. After Hulda made her Larva minions, this guy made his Sand Golem minons. Enemies hit Larvas, of course, and Sand Golems were protected by Larvas. Yeah. They made no sand damage at all cause they were not attacked. These Sand Golem minions are not useful. Sigh. Be very careful before feeding this one.

3 Likes

Seeking synergy is meaningless. because there is no synergy team that could be more different than it is. A very ordinary minion hero. I think why such a bad and dysfunctional hero question it on the s5 portal. For this hero to look like anything, the minion sand damage had to be increased and it had to be impenetrable.

2 Likes

What if the minions attack caused the DOT and not being hit? I think he could pair very nicely with other minion makers at that point. Obviously moving to fast speed would be great also, but even if just having attack cause the DOT I think there is a decent improvement and moves him from meh to good (but not great).

1 Like

I didn’t realize the minions had to be attacked and not the minion owners. If that distinction was changed, along with the damage output of the DoT, Papyros would be a great hero. @Petri

4 Likes

This would be a fantastic change! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The SS of Papyros and Khafre just don’t corespond whit their speed, if they was one step faster then they will good and useful heros, also Papyros must be fixed with what @King_Kyree77 said, the sand damage must be applied when the owner of the minion it’s attacked and not when the minion.

2 Likes

I feel like it’s a logical change. The fact that his minions have to be attacked in order to deliver the DoT is too inconsistent. He should also raise the attack of his allies instead of Def with the mechanics of his special as they are now.

1 Like

For those who totally missed my point about synergy…this is just one of the teams i have built with Papy…and its not even the strongest…

This team on offense kills…and does it efficiently…especially against non-healing teams…frost…water…poison…sand…and burn damage…and Papy is not even fully leveled…PLUS a couple that arent even LB.

He has a place on a team…might not be your team…but he’s still usable and valuable.

9 Likes

Wrong…just because a hero is “VERY FAST” doesnt make them a superior hero…Victor gives the same defensive buff as Papy…but he only scales his dot and reduces health on 1 target…

Victor has NO passive skills…his only family skill is 5% - 12% mana generation which even to pull that off he needs at least one more hero of his family on the team. Meanwhile Papy needs none and have multiple things happening with his family skill…oh…and by the way…ALSO giving additional amount of mana in his passive skill at a 60% chance…

And even with all that…summoning minions that can give sand damage to an enemy when ever they are hit by that enemy…there is no comparison…there is only one superior of the two…and its not Victor :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

Dont be silly. Victor fires more than 50% faster with only a lvl 11 mana troop. Thats a massive difference. So he will hit more and provide more scalable damage, provide more minions etc in the same time.
Second, 60% is not 100% so you cant really depend on that. And exactly how much mana is it? a small amount isnt game changing.

The point is HOW MUCH DAMAGE… 280 over 3 turns. Thats just SAD. Even the weakest heores do that much damage directly, and it is dependent on that minion being hit… Throw in any anti minion hero against him and Papy is completely worthless.

2 Likes

Clearly we disagree my good sir… I digress and bid thee a good day

1 Like

Yes we do, and nothing you have said makes him a viable hero. You could throw any yellow in that mix and have a killer offense. You have failed to disprove the fact that this hero special skill is severely lacking.

4 Likes

In the first place, I don’t understand the intention to compare the S5 hero with Victor, who is much older and has a different mana speed and different roles.
There are many other heroes, why Victor? ?? ??

1 Like

Because his deff up and he it’s better, and this it’s really sad one old event hero it’s better than new S5 hero.

2 Likes

A better comparison would be Papyros vs Freya. Freya is a better hero imo and is two years older.

5 Likes