Paladin talent triggers despite active Malosi special

Hi,

while I was testing something else with Malosi’s special I came across this weird scenario (I have it recorded if proof is needed):

Telluria - despite having Malosi’s special on her - was able to activate her paladin talent and get the 25% defense bonus. Shouldn’t that also be blocked by Malosi’s special? :thinking:
The same would probably account for other talent classes as well, e.g. Barbarian and Sorcerer.

4 Likes

Malosi: “The target cannot cast any new status effects or stacks on enemies or allies for 3 turns”

I guess the key discussion here is: Is a status effect set by a talent considered casting?

5 Likes

Yes, could very well be the explanation. @Petri Any chance you can comment on this if it works as intended and talent effects are indeed not considered a “cast”?

“Cast” means firing the special ability.

I also think that JF special with switching defense down to defense buff will also “trigger” despite malosi cast on him before.

Its often difficult in translation.

2 Likes

This sounds correct.

It was suggested in Beta that Peter’s silence, and Season 2 Pterosaurian Boss, stop talents - like mana shield and withstand - from proccing to improve Peter.

But Devs decided silence would not effect talents.

Having extensively played with talents, I think this is a good call or silence would be too powerful against 5* heroes with emblems.

Edit
Heroes seem to cast special skills,
Proc talents,
Use items.

([KNOWN ISSUE 15.2] S2 Magic Night - status effects disappear after 1 turn (description missing))

3 Likes

In russian version there is something closer to “apply status effect” and it is confusing.
When a barbarian under Malosi status uses special skill, can bleed be applied?

Yes it can. Because

1. Special fires
  2. Probability of bleed id calculated
  3. If positive, bleed will be set on target

Bleed is a triggered ability, not a special.
Tyr for example, who always sets a bleeding, would be blocked by malosi

Yep pretty sure talent activation isn’t considered ‘casting’ - that’s more like a passive behaviour than an active cast

So bleed is activated by trigger, trigger is activated by casting special skill. Without casting we will not have bleed. So the original reason of the bleed is special skill.

Malosi does not block the special from being cast. Thats the difference.

The special regulary fires. Just all allies and enemies are immune to all effects that directly come from the special. The bleed effect is calculated after the special was fired and it just has a chance to trigger (so does it even with normal attacks)

Enni I’m sorry I confused you. I did not mean Malosi blocks specials. I’m only tried apply transitivity of material conditional logic.
A event - barbarian uses special skill.
B event - target gets damage.
C event - target gets bleed.
A is the reason of B. Without A B will not occurs.
B is the reason of C. Without B C will not occurs.
According to transitivity A is the reason of C.
So the bleed cuased by casting special.

I see possible reason of the issue - bleed applied by target herself after any damage from a barbarian. In that case we can consider the same situation, but barbarian hit himself (Mindless Attack e.g.).

Malosis special is shown in pictures below to not block Aegirs shield boost. Malosis special lasts 3 turns, it still has 2 turns left in the picture below yet Aegirs shield boost has just appeared and has the full 2 turns left. The paladin effect should be blocked since it is a buff…

Paladin shield boost is even described as a buff by Finley’s special as he will hit another target after hitting a paladin with shield boost, and Finley’s special states a buff is required on the target for this to happen.

See here: Paladin talent triggers despite active Malosi special

3 Likes

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

Thanks @Aquaginera_7DD and @zephyr1 I understand the term “cast” now, should I delete my post?

No, I think it’s helpful to have the screenshots — and while the explanation in this thread about the reasoning is probably right, this hasn’t been officially acknowledged by the game developers, so it doesn’t hurt to have the bug thread still active.

Plus someone else will probably have this same question soon enough :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Why didn’t Malosi block the poison DOT of Afrike? Is it because of her DOT being non-dispellable? It shouldn’t matter right? Malosi’s special is suppose to block ALL DOTs, buffs and debuffs. Anyone else notice this?

Malosi blocks all “cast” effects, technically the DOT is an automatic realm ability and not cast so it isn’t blocked.

4 Likes

Understood! So the poison DOT was because of her realm and being killed. Is her ability to lower your base HP a “cast” and if so why wasn’t it blocked?

Cookie Settings