P2p Vs F2p

True but there has to be a limit. The gap just keeps getting wider. Look at all the p2p implementations we’ve seen this year vs the f2p implementations. And now making what i consider key titan heros p2p heros as well is just another push to widen that gap. Make the green elemental defense dropper an annual hero? Really? Even worse make the long needed green pulverizer a p2p hero as well? I mean where does it stop?

I’m p2p and i dont even have either of those heros. Cant imagine how many f2p or c2p dont have and never will have these heros.

As a spender it’s easy for me to say “well i got other options, will just crack the wallet open and try again when they come back around and have better results” f2p can make that same decision but with such limited chances will most likely face same results

5 Likes

Well I’m guilty of cup dropping and used to rant about the same thing. And although i did benefit from it, it was more to prove a point to comrades that raiding system is still flawed and could use improvement

Not to be a jerk, but if all of the content were easily doable by F2P after 3 months, why would anyone other than the hardcore competitive people spend any money on the game? I think it would be smart business for SGG to start boosting F2P a bit. After all, people who fall too far behind will quit. But they don’t make any money unless you spend $$$.

4 Likes

I get it, the problem is that it forces others to drop to be able to fill the chest :joy:
@Rigs stay at your level, please :mouse2: xx
it’s really annoying and discouraging to see 4k defence in low-med platinum…

2 Likes

And just so my intentions are clear.

I’m not saying p2p shouldnt have an edge. They should definitely have an edge.

But f2p should be given more opportunities to keep up. The refusal of expanding training camp 20, the refusal to improve quests, the refusal to make gold tokens slightly more common or have slightly better odds, refusal of adding an extra atlantis tokens benefit to vip, etc etc have all been suggested and have all fallen on deaf ears.

Yet hero releases dont slow down, new seasonal quests and season 2 releases are right on schedule, new p2p features are added(additional team slots and cup freezes), etc for p2p

When will f2p see a feature they can get excited about? When will they have bigger perks to their strategy? When will they have more chances to feel a huge joy from the game that many of us feel on a regular basis?

That’s all i want. A fair, competitive game for all with similar opportunities for advancement but still allowing spenders to have an edge

16 Likes

I typically dont change my defense until i climb out of those levels lol i was dropping 300 to 600 cups even as high as 800 per day. Can show screenshots if needed. I dropped all the way to gold and still left my 5 1* defense in until i climbed back into diamond where i am now. When i drop i want to stay dropped. Putting in my actual defense would hurt that goal more than help it

Rigs, like I said I agree that there is an imbalance between f2p/c2p and big spenders. It is just your challenge is wrong. Yes, I can beat the event, but I had to carpet bomb lvl 23 and lvl 24, while people with protues and hel walk though it. Yes, I can do 70k on 11/12* Titan in 3 hits but it’s impossible for me to be #1 on red/yellow Titan without panther/Athena/Arthur.

And the biggest difference is war/raid. That’s why I cup drop so the time. Fighting guin/gm is too much a pain especially when I try to fill my chest

2 Likes

Any suggestions on how to revise the challenge?

1 Like

I get this, but this sounds fair, at least folks can revenge on you and open their chest as well. This is not an annoying behaviour I’m talking about. I talking about culprits how drop low to.open a chest easily and they keep a high defence as well. The worst was when someone admitted he mas searching for high loss cups opponents, would kill 4 heroes to keep the chest clock ticking and loose cups at the same time…

Hope your challenge will be implemented somehow. It’s nice that you want everyone to be given a chance to enjoy the game and have a chance to experience the better heroes. Yes many will say f2p and c2p get it as well as it’s all random and rng blah blah blah… but it would be nice and really exciting if more heroes were available from TC, even if the odds were crap it would be cool to have a chance😀

1 Like

The challenge is fine as is @Rigs. I guess I’m just not sure what it proves. If you don’t realize F2P are at a serious disadvantage, you’re not paying attention (or are willfully blind, or thick as a brick). SGG certainly knows the game is strongly imbalanced. They want it that way. What is really needed is a business case for why they should help the lower end, rather than a proof that being F2P is pretty rough at endgame.

7 Likes

What is the end game ? Finish S2 map, collect all TC 20 heroes.

F2p population increases revenue and numbers to appeal to more investors

Without f2p the game dies

With only competing with the same people day in and day out, it’s a matter of time before spenders get bored

F2p do attract new spenders to the game idk how many f2p players have messaged me with “my friend/fanily member just started playing, big spender but could use direction in strategy, do you know of a good alliance for hin/her?”

Without helping f2p we’re limiting the longevity of the game. Enjoying the fast cash while ignoring the long haul profit is simply a balloon effect and once it pops then those short profits become big losses. Sg moves on, makes another game, but the 5 million people that already played through their game and traveled that road with them refuses to do it again.

F2p are an extremely undervalued part of the community. Those mystic vision vids they watch? Still counts as revenue even though rarely any benefit to watching them. Besides that majority spend at some point anyways but the game has to retain their attention long enough to do so.

Plenty of other games have showed that if they lose their f2p community, the p2p portion isnt slow to follow. Numerous games dying from this very effect. Many players coming to EP are from those games and afraid to spend because EP is showing similar direction. Up to SG to change their minds.

I’m sure i could keep going and going but basically it boils down to preserving the longevity of the game and the profits. They can make 8 mill a month for 6 more years or make 8 mill a month for 10 more. The better the game is balanced, the more the community as a whole enjoys the game, therefore prolonging profit margins for years to come

16 Likes

15 Likes

Lmao you make the best memes

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more

Old HOTM at TC20 (say 6 months old+) would be fantastic but they’ll never do it

5 Likes

Agreed, even with extremely low odds, it would be exciting to know there is a chance one can pop out!

2 Likes

All of this is true. And I bet SGG agrees with it in general. I think where you (and I) disagree with SGG is on where the pain point is at which they lose too many F2P. And unfortunately, it’s hard to do exit interviews with people who just quit logging in. My guess is, once Atlantis is fully rolled out, SGG will start adding S2 heroes to TC20. The old HOTM plus the chests of mats will be enough to keep the spenders spending on Atlantis pulls. That will definitely help. But I’d be shocked if they ever add HOTM to TC20.

2 Likes

Yea unfortunately i get to hear too many “exit interviews” so it’s easier to see the problems on the ground floor. Even long time players that i never thought in a million years would quit before the death of the game are considering it right now or already have walked away

1 Like

I’m not surprised. There are just too few F2P/C2P 5* heroes to keep people coming back to TC20 for 12-18 months. The endgame is 100% focused around getting and levelling heroes (the only reason to kill titans and do quests after the first few dozen times is to get mats to level heroes). So once you’ve run out of acquirable heroes to covet, the game is kinda over for you.

3 Likes

I am F2P and feel that the gap between P2P and F2P doesn’t matter.

I have easily progressed to a point where I can beat any quest or event. Sure, I can’t compete with the top 1000, but I don’t care.

I can play without any problems and I can make progress. 6 months in and I have 15x 4* and 2x 5*. Not all fully leveled but in progress.

You are right that F2P cannot be really be in the competitive scene. F2P can, however, access and play all aspects of the game without a paywall.

7 Likes