Opinion on Aeron?

A while ago, when I was still dropping cups, I would create single element defenses to drop cups to the appropriate range. For some reason when I put in single element defenses the cups didn’t drop like I thought they would. As i mentioned, it was a while ago before tiers, before AW, before a lot of things. I’m pretty certain it would go badly now

Proved that one can stay north of 2400 with regularity with an all yellow defense, and made it to #1 multiple times without flasks for giggles. For what I wanted out of it, namely meeting Departed’s trophy floor, it worked pretty brilliantly… though the times I wound up in the top 50 were not my intention haha.

Not sure other colors could really do it; I don’t have the greens to try and red I think would need something like Kong at flank to have a real shot… yellow with it’s mana control is what made it more feasible but Dator and his all purple team beat me regularly heh.

It’s not what I considered a “real” defense though… something far more rainbowish is appropriate.

Actually read that Rev went up to #1 with that defense that I even considered conjuring up that line up. And it has Guin in the tank position to mess up the colors a bit.

Defenses are always at an disadvantage anyways. Might as well put something exotic out there and force the attacker to think.

The math doesn’t work that way right?
Let’s say you have 3 purple, each hitting 100 dmg per tile (so total 300 per tile).
Now they get the elemental link, each hits 105 dmg per tile, so total goes from 300–>315, which is only 5% increase in total tile dmg, not 15%.

Got in 12# with 4 four stars hero.
That not really means it was an incredible good 4* assets.

It just… happen.

Ill level him up…thats for sure. And see his maximum ability. Reminded me of natalya, almost all the players dont like her. But she turned out very useful both defense and raid…

I have a rule. Don’t post before coffee. New rule, I must drink said coffee for it to work. Ha! Large portions of my brain were off.

Yes! 5% not 15%

I did start my post with “stupid excited”
Lol

2 Likes

Thanks all posters. Just what I was looking for - nice mix of opinions and things to try.

Now I just need the FLIPPIN’ Tabards. Been stuck on them for ages (4 months or more?!?) and just recently used my allocation of 8… now I have to start all over again. sigh

1 Like

I finally raided against him today…He was on his last tier lvl 45 I think. I really didn’t think much of him. I mean, aside from having a kick-■■■ special I didn’t really feel like he presented anything new…It may come down to playing him more strategically ? I’m not sure. But for he’ll remain on the “I’ll get to it later” pile for me…

1 Like

I have him he really helps same colored hero’s and the HP extra for all hero’s really helps.

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose I can see his value when color stacking purple. Seems like a very specialty hero…Is it enough to max him over other heroes ? mmmm, not many I would imagine. A las, the right hero is the one that works for you… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fortunately it’ll take so long for me to get the tabards that I’ll have the time to maybe get something better and/or try Aeron out on 3rd ascension.

1 Like

I have aeron almost maxed. I decided to max him because I needed a 5* healer and don’t have another HoT hero (Ares, alby). I’ve used aeron in a few raids and his special just feels…awkward. It’s almost guaranteed the defense tank will fire their special before he gets charged, meaning his negate debuff part won’t work if the tank has a debuff. His cleanse only works on 3 heroes and by the time he fires I feel a direct heal would be better than HoT (plus HoT can be dispelled). The negate debuff only lasts 3 turns so it’s very hard to time it out to negate a flanker or wing debuff skill. I think upping it to 4 turns wouldn’t be unreasonable. Maybe even cleanse all instead of 3. The buff to purples is so small idk how much it actually helps. That’s probably more a feature for titans I guess.

Anyway that’s just some preliminary thoughts. Might change as I use him more. Working on lvling up some purple mana troops, so maybe bringing him down to a 9 tile charge will help. Not sure if I’d use the tabbards on him again. Doesn’t seem like a huge improvement over rigard. Definitely wouldn’t max if I had an Ares or alby.

3 Likes

Without playing him, I was initially thinking similar to what you just posted @mrock42. Can’t help thinking I prefer Rigard… but I guess he may have a ‘play style’ that I could learn to get on with.
I’ll definitely take him to max 3rd and I’ll take a view from there. So far (even at low level) he’s filling a very useful role in my 2nd-half AW teams.

I always preferred my Rigard as well. Mostly because you get the healing spot on rather than waiting 3 turns like with Aeron.
Pro- if you team him up with another Aeron & Rigard ((all in 2nd ascension)) game on crazy power play.
Con- it says it can’t be dispelled unfortunately there must be a glitch cause his special skill has been dispelled many times when I raid with him.

It says can’t be dispelled on the elemental link and on the ailment immunity. Have those been dispelled? if yes it’s a bug.
The heal is not safe from dispelling, so if only the heal is being dispelled then it’s working as intended.

Aeron is pretty lame in general. Imo. Cool special skill animation though…

You really have to be one step ahead with this guy. No point of using his skill if your heroes are about to die. You have to foresee the moment when your heroes are about recieve some serious punishment from the opponent. Activate the skill just before that and you’re in an upper hand…

I use him in my def team with other healer Vivica, coz i don’t have better one to replace him.

Skills special on three tours= joke

Changes when you’re on equivalent footing rather than raiding up.

HoT is fine, see Alby’s effectiveness on raid attacking which involves more than just the revive (though of course that is goodness too).

Rigard is offensively useless: complete and utterly… didn’t build him on either account until AW prioritized healers and purples, and still managed to rank in the top 20 (and ofc #1 a few times on the main) on two accounts… one of whom took Aeron to 80.

Is he top shelf like some other HOTM’s no, would I ascend Aeron if I had Alby already no, would I ascend Aeron before Hel or Panther or even situationally Sartana (if I didn’t have hitters in other colors) no.

That all said, he’s absolutely functional… regarding his special skill, the healing can be dispelled as noted, but more likely the immunity simply fell off at 3 turns synchronized to Caed’s dispel or whatever. If there is a tweak to be done with him, I agree upping the duration of the status immunity to 4 would be reasonable without breaking things.

3 Likes

I haven’t figured out where he fits. I have him at 3/70 and so far it is unlikely he will go any further. I have Perseus and Natalya leveled and haven’t found a place for them either. HOTM are hit and miss with some of the recent ones being more of a miss.