One last letter to devs: Why I'm quitting

From what I’ve read, none of the concerns that are being brought to the table are being addressed by the developers. Something needs to change. The more I read in the forums the more my discouragement increases and my excitement for this game decreases. I find myself looking at my screen after I’ve burned my flags and going “huh, this game is starting to really suck.” I’m teetering on signing off my account and walking away. I’m tired of helping support a game that doesn’t support the community that helped build it up. It’s really frustrating.

P.S.
The best way to grab their attention is to start posting more reviews on the game in the App Store.

2 Likes

Small Giant is simply killing the game…

If you are at wars or raids…

If another player has a Team Value with almost 1000 less than yours… sorry, but if you have only one move possible per turn… it is not possible to win… I lost without having one Special Move!!!
Not Acceptable… (The other team power was 1.025 less than my Team)

Since the last update:
The Summons are very poor… you only get the minimum…, it means Daily summon gives me 1*, Epic I got only 3*, Elemental only 3* … too bad…
Items you get after battles, chests, … too bad…
I am almost waiting for 2 months for one “fine glove”…
I waited one year for 2 Mystic Rings …
Training Camps … waiting 2 days / 100 recruits … for a 3* hero… (I think it should be a 4* or 5* only)
Sure, after about 200 training Legendary, I got 5 5* heroes, one of each color (that was luck).
But if I can’t ascend them… they are placed in my Hero Roster, because I have 4* with better stats than them…

You want money… sure… but not from me… because the money I spent so far gave me only ridiculous items and heroes… (one 4* (which I already had and several 3*))

You can say I have no luck with the game… but the problem is that all players in my alliance have the same complaints …

I will try to “have better luck” during next week… if not … Good Bye…
I started playing at August 2017. I enjoyed playing this game, but the last two months … (explained above… it is not only one raid / war… its almost all the time…)

If a player does not enjoy to play the game… he quits… and in my alliance there are several… and in global I talked about this and the answer I got is that the most players are only using chat… not playing anymore… Is this the way you want to go in the future…

The 2nd Season:
I have a “Free” Summon with “0” … ??? I have to wait 20d to summon… no comments

I think I explained what the problems of the game are right now… and hope you change it for better…

I only hope that this is not only another comment … and that someone in Small Giant take some action in order to turn this game enjoyable…

Thank you

6 Likes

It is working if you take inventory. It just seems like it’s not working. I have been playing for a year and a half. I have 10 5 stars fully ascended. 2 yellow, 2 purple, 3 red, 1 blue and 2
Green. That means over the course of play I received 6 scopes, 12 darts, 12 tonics, 12 Tabards, and 18 rings. 10 tome of tactics. I have another 18 five stars sitting at 3/70. I have 7 fully ascended 4’s. I need 1 more dart, 1 more scope, 2
Tabards and 2 tonics to ascend another group. Between special quests, chests, vision, they will be dropped. Now with ascension chests in season 2 may be quicker. The problem is that they are spaced out that it seems like they don’t drop.

1 Like

How did you wait a year for 2 rings when 7 should have dropped in that timeframe from rare quests?

2 Likes

Because when you are new you can’t clear the last level.

1 Like

Maybe the first 3. That leaves 4 that dropped.

The game developers really don’t care if we’re happy or not, they have new people showing up to play everyday.
There is no fairness about getting4[quote=“Ravindau, post:21, topic:2871, full:true”]
I look everywhere. All I seem to get from those mentioned is chainmail and boots. And TWO sturdy shields.

I was simply pointing out that the Titan loot is paltry.

In fact, you’re actually strengthening my argument. 5 orbs in 132 Titan kills? Sad.
[/quote]

-5 star fighters, nor getting stuff to ascend.
Even paying players stand a rare chance at 4-5 star players. Happy players mean more players.

1 Like

After playing this game for 9 months and reaching level 37 and never ascend a 5* this are the items I have collected.

but for me to ascend an other 5* the same colour forget about it I will need another year

No, the next set comes more quickly. With a more powerful team you should be fighting bigger titans. You also should be able to complete all stages of Rare Quests; you clearly missed some 4* mats early on (as does everyone), but your team is good enough now to get them all.

Do you play every day? Your team seems less developed than I would have thought after so long. Get the important heroes up to max level.

Also, focus your development. Choose Joon or Drake and complete him, but only after you complete Wu Kong for titans. Don’t work on Khiona until you have Sartana maxed (or if you’ve decided to ascend Khiona first, at least get Sartana to 3/70).

2 Likes

Oh, you are not going to spend another dime? Good for you.

You can ascend 3 5* based on your materials and cards you are showing. You are also one short each on the other two colors. Just need the 3* items too (which you could have, or could have saved). Took me almost a year to get my first, not 4 months later I have 9. Cheap to play so not spending a ton.

i’m playing since january 2018. i got only one 5S, gregorian pull in july with a 300 gem elem invok

i’m full of 4s, not all ascended; cause no items

i got 2 TC20, never droped a 5S.

edit : My first 5S youpi…! Obakan. not the best, not the worst i’m glad :smile:

yeah. but im in a great alliance, so…i play with us. not for drop, my hope is gone !

maybe one day, the small giant random god will gave me an other 5S??

my Credit Card will never work for a game like this, no challenge except personal ego :sunglasses:

it’s a good game fun, but it must be played and took with detachement, otherwise…your mind will be broken

3 Likes

it took me 8 months to get my first 5*. 14 months of gameplay and I have 9 now, so they are out there :slightly_smiling_face:. But I feel your pain on tc20…4 months of 2 camps running full time have only given me 3x 5*.

Man I am close to quitting, do I want to no way I love this game but I may have to I can’t control my spending even knowing the odds, again bitterly dissapionted second lot of Atlantis summons 600 dollars later not one Atlantis 5 star, you know something wrong when your bank shuts down your credit card because it thinks some one has hacked you iTunes account and I call going no that’s me making purchases and there baffled and then it happens for a second time and I have to explain again.

The point being is I don’t think it’s gambling and I am not going to blame gambling, I know the odds or I thought I New the odds, I WANT TARLAK and only Tarlak to replace my wukong for my titan teams, so I do a 30 x summon ok no T ok go again no T and again and again and then all joy is sucked out of me,

SG your killing me, can’t be right I read the tab 1.3% for a ledgendary hero, I do close to 150 summons and no Tarlak, but odds are right and I’d did better than 1.3 % I got 4 x 5 star hero’s guessing 1.6 % but here’s the real trick, if you want a specific ledgendary hero than it will be less than 1.3% because at 1.3 % your guanrenteed a 5 star from the 5 star pool, so yours odds are probably 0.something % of getting a specific hero.

For @#$% sake do something different, there’s a multitude of suggestion/ideas from players, stop taking advantage of the impulsive buyer, I see your strategy, short burst of Atlantis summons every timed number of weeks, players go this is my opportunity, fair enough what ever your financial model is it is but again do something different, before and after first lot of Atlantis summons, I got 5 x khionas what am I going to do with 5, 1 I burnt as a feeder to a 4 star, 1 is sitting at 70 the other 3 I am hoping I can gift them to my alliance team members 1 day, look I am grateful I got 1, other games have done it they look at what you have then award you something that you don’t have even if your using your 1.3%, I have nearly 60 5 star hero’s which most of them I will never level can only hope I can trade or exchange them for something one day, I just see thousands of dollars sitting there going to waste

1 Like

Your post suggests you understand the root of the issue is with your impulsive gambling. The game triggers it for you, but not for everyone, just as bars are used by most adults (somewhat) responsibly but also enables alcoholics.

I have urged players to set a clear monthly budget and stick to it. If you can’t do that, I can only suggest that you remove the game. Your reaction to it is not healthy, either mentally or financially.

13 Likes

I completely agree that I need to set a budget and stick to it and if I can’t give the game up.

Impulsive buyer yes, impulsive gambler no I disagree, I never said that and i’m sure SG wouldn’t see it as gambling, I’m making this point because it’s a cop out to blame gambling all it does is brings focus in that space it lays blame on the gambler, just as your post responce to me, my impulsive gambling = either mentally or financially unhealthty reaction. No challenge to SG in any aspect of what I said.

Mistake I made is writing a post frustrated, should of waited a couple of days, I play destiny 2, micro transaction yes but cosmetics so I have spent very little, WOW I spent 5k in gold, WARFRAME I have spent nearly 6k since launch 2014 and don’t regret 1 cent I spent as I got everything I wanted and I stil play today but for 2018 I have not spent any money on warframe all on E&P my second serious mobile game hearthstone my first but to much work in setting up card decks, E&P I love it and if there is a very a specific item I want (Tarlak) then go for it, but I have to except the game mechanics the odds are the odds but that doesn’t mean I can’t express an opinion and try and influence SG into making the odds better for the large spenders

3 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t want to sound judgy but concerned.

The issue you raise, “making the odds better for the large spenders” is a two-edged sword. First, recognize that they’ve already done this: make 10 Atlantis pulls, get a loot chest.

The difficulty with anything to achieve your goal is that it also makes the game harder for free- or cheap-to-play gamers, and the success of the game is driven by having a large player base.

Why will it make life harder for C2P? SGG has a target “flow” of top-tier heroes and loot into the game. If some of that flow is redirected towards big spenders, they’ll need to balance the flow by reducing loot elsewhere, the sources that the C2P base relies on. Sure, SGG could simply increase the flow—after all, it’s just bits and bytes—but that unbalances the game in a different way.

Give it some thought and post your ideas over in the Ideas section.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I will give it some thought and if I come up with a reasonable idea post it in the ideas section, I do take your point on the ctp or FTP and I really didn’t want to be as direct as to say my comment around large spenders but I got it off my chest.
In the end the most logical thing to do is stick to a monthly budget and I know I can do that, thanks again for your advice, cheers

2 Likes

This is easier said than done. I would recommend doing any event summons just before the event ends. This way you can’t get sucked in to going over your budget, because it will happen.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip mate