One last letter to devs: Why I'm quitting

This game requires a lot of patience. Ascending heroes take a while. Getting items is so disappointing. In eight months I got 16 tools / 16 shields /14 cloaks / 22 orbs/ 19 blades and for 5* last tier items 5 / 10 / 2 / 9 / 8. My brother gots even more. He can ascend 2 5* in each colour except yellow(only colour where he has 4 5*). Another member of the team (playing for free) since 5 months has already 6 ascensions items for 5* last tier in 3 colours. It’s a question of luck, in his first month playing with us he got tiburtus twice, melendor, gormeck, alberich and four blades in 2 weeks! With that team he has been able to complete every rare quest that appears after that. He tooks me 4 months to be able to complete my first rare quest. You have to be patient and lucks will come. At december first I got 7 months playing and zero 5*. Then teltoc reborn arrives and I got Boldtusk / Owl guard and Vivica in the same week. TC20 gives me Marjana also in same week. On december 31 TC20 gives me Helenas and finally I got Natalia from a hero token on January 1st. Paying doesn’t reward much more. Your luck will change :wink:

5 Likes

why a letter to the devs? They never read threads in this forum, i´m sure for that…

2 Likes

The Devs actually do read the Forums, but they cannot respond to every post. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I fully agree with this guy. Game have something, but there are too many walls

Hmmm the question is why to pay if non guaranty to get something awsome like 5* .
And see low noob not purchase offerts players have HOTM , so no refunds who are active old players becouse its to much lucky envolved and a bad lucky at the game fore players who spend money its never good idea to pay more fore what? Here whitout lucky its just imposible so whats depends be lucky in this game ? See some toopics feedback and do something be clear whats the object in this game and how we be able to being more lucky… Becouse sepnding money its sure not ! :):wink::wink:

Instead of creating my own “I’m getting frustrated” thread, I’m going to add on to the OP’s thoughts because it’s related.

So. I have had multiple 50+ to 75% skill up chances result in nothing and this is only on 2 star heroes.

As a newer player (and yes, I understand probability and all), this is getting more and more frustrating as I am stuck with trying to transition into 2 much less 3 stars.

I have limited resources and I also have limited hero space. Farming for same element much less same hero drops has been painful and my Training Centers (yes, I caved and built two early on because I was getting stuck) haven’t been too kind, either.

So, when I get the same 2 stars, I get really excited… Only to get multiple 50+ to 75% failures.

I’m willing to admit that luck can show itself in all kinds of ways so maybe that’s what’s going on for me?

I did get a solid 4 star pull from spending my saved gems and I also collected so many Sharans that’s she’s nearly fully skilled and with little food required all things told.

But I feel like repeated 50+ to 75%+ skill up failures for only 2 stars - one of the instances where you can actually see probability in action - is a bit much on the ‘bad RNG side of things’ and the more I progress, the more important skills become.

Then again, there’s Sharan.

My nearly fully skilled and fully leveled Sharan (I love her, so no bad blood there) is constantly healing everyone while Bane and his new 4 star friend are kicking butt. When she starts getting tired, the big boys carry her until she can get up again. Rinse. Repeat.

I’m kind of amazed that I’ve progressed this far given all the examples I’ve seen.

But hey, whatever works? Maybe?

TLDR:

RNG is RNG but at the same time, it is frustrating and for a newer player whose progress is very dependant on future card progression, it can also be downright discouraging to the point of going, “Is this ever going to get anywhere?”

You farm and you farm and you train and you train and only for 2 stars and… Nope. Nope. Nope. Wrong colors, wrong characters, multiple dupes that refuse to skill up, and Sharans every which way.

… Okay, I like Sharan, but still.

1 Like

My advice is to stop trying to level any 2* heros. It is not a good roi. Instead throw everything at your 4* and any 3s you may have. You will lilely get more 3 before you max or even get to last ascension of your 4*

4 Likes
  1. The best 2* in my opinion is Layla.

2. No 2* (leveled or otherwise) is worth a leveled 3*. Level your Training Camps to lvl 12 in order to make your own 3* heroes. (Naturally keep your 2* till you lvl up your 3*.)

3. If I’m going to save copies of a hero to level up, I use 4 (guaranteed 100%) or don’t bother. Most of my skill ups happen around 18-24%. Yours might be different. Gotta love/hate that RNG.

EDIT: As others have rightly pointed out, best to go straight to TC13, where you can make guaranteed 3* and have a shot at 4* here and there…

5 Likes

Olaf all the way :face_with_monocle:

Let it snoooow! Let it snow…! :snowflake:

2 Likes

Really? I thought the choice was clear! :grin:

Yes, yes, Olaf has better HP, but is not as fun on ATK/DEF. :wink:

10 Likes

Ahuahuahua, he is just perfect on card.

Seriously, that shield save my ■■■ so many times in the beginning.
I used him even if i had five 3* heroes :wink:

3 Likes

Rook is right to a degree. Just realize that 5 star heroes are not the End all and you should be fine. I currently have enough Ascension items to ascend at least Five 5 stars to final ascension lacking only the Tomes of Tactics to do so. This makes sense because the tome of tactics is the rarest item in the game.

Does this mean that I am completely blocked from enjoying the game? No, it just means that I need to focus on the things that I can actually do. It turns out there are a lot of them. Why make a game that is multifaceted a two dimensional experience. I can advance my 4 star heroes. I can beef up my 3 star teams for events. I can start training up doubles of Heroes for Alliance wars. I can continue to max out characters that I had paused in their training while I ascended the 5 stars that I was able to get to final ascension. I can get my current 5 stars up to Max 2nd or even Max 3rd ascension in preparation for obtaining a tome of Tactics eventually. The list goes on.

The game is what you make of it and there is much more to it than simply getting all of your 5 star heroes to max ascension. Yes, it would be nice, but honestly I appreciate the opportunity to flesh out my host of heroes.

7 Likes

I agree absolutely - except, of course, Tomes of Tactcs fall upon me like rain. I have 12, just now.

Whatever ascension items one needs and is missing always seem implausibly rare; if one has a surplus of an item they seem as common as dirt. Best not to generalise these experiences.

3 Likes

Not generalize. But can we make/split it into percentage. Like 75% of EP players have low qty of tomes, 20% average qty, and 5% high qty. Can we also apply this to other asc item that a particular player found it rare?
Because thats EP is all about? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Tomes are the most rare, followed closely by farsight telescopes.

I’ll go chug my anecdote potion now. :scream:

3 Likes

Rook, we are all free to give our opinion and I agree with you to a certain extent. But I support 110% to Mai in everything she mentions. In my case I’m very lucky when invoke heroes, but if it’s true that in terms of materials it’s very frustrating, it’s not fair that ascend your heroes or becoming strong in the game depends only on your MasterCard or luck, not is taken into the commitment being or not being active

3 Likes

Because you can do an unlimited number of summons, it’s possible to buy all the heroes with sufficient cash. Not true with ascension materials. The packs from the store only come around once in a while, are limited in quantity, and have crap odds of getting rare mats. About once a month SG offers a package for sale with guaranteed rare mats (like the recent Dwarven Gemstones), but the vast majority of my rare mats have come from grinding away on chests, titans, and mystic visions.

6 Likes

Lol, in My Alliance, we refer to Farsight Telescopes as Unicorns.

3 Likes

I have more tomes then damascus blades, and more scopes then tabards and dards :neutral_face:

1 Like

See, I’ve been playing since mid September and have come across 10 ‘Scopes, and I have a second account which I’ve barely ever used and even that has four of them. I’m sure I’ll never run out of Damascus’ and Tomes, either. While on the flip side, I’m yet to get a full set of Tabards and Tonics which I’m waiting on, and I’ve only come across 12 hidden blades and 14 warm capes.

1 Like