Onatel not working?

Players have been the biggest source of information since the game started. I doubt that ever changes or improves in SG’s end(not intended as a negative blow, just a realistic one)

Thanks – I’ll repeat myself: come to the boards as soon as a hero is released, and you’re likely to get a detailed description and discussion. This thread started on Dec. 31st and explains exactly what the hero does. It’s all we beta testers can do!

The consensus in that thread is that she fits some players’ styles and not others. Sounds like that’s the consensus here, too.

1 Like

I agree, it does seem like the expected/designed behavior is that most information comes from the community. And in a lot of ways, I really like that.

But what essentially amounts to promotional content about a new HOTM seems like something that SG might be willing to make — and would help explain/highlight/(sell) new game mechanics in a HOTM like Onatel.

1 Like

SG already has youtubers they use for video promotion though and it doesnt actually cost them any time or money. So i think easing off the beta pics/vids crackdown is still the right solution for both parties.

1 Like

I have her maxed at 4/80, and if you know how to use her, she is great for controlling your enimies hero’s, I’ve started using her as tank as of last night, she is my only 5* so fights with 4* hero’s. I’ve been happily coasting at 2000-2300 cups, last night I was 2050, went to bed, woke up at 2250 cups…

Yes its platinum but I’m very happy with her. The top 100 aren’t going to drop guin for her because they know exactly what their getting with guin…

But I don’t care, she is no aegir, in the right hands she’s great and stacked with another mana hero (Chao in my case) she’s even better, I’m now regularly taking out 4k teams with my lowly 3500 tp team

5 Likes

Another point to mention, I don’t see many beta players saying they don’t want her, in fact I’ve found several saying they do want her

So let’s think on that, they’ve had a few weeks using her maxed with their current lineups and they’ve seen a use…

Now personally I take more value in that, than Mr Joe blogs who has barely used her, is still lvling her, or is so hung up on the same old lineup because a b and c says it better, than actually trying to change the meta by developing new strategies

Where is that stated in the description? I disagree and to me all mana generated in the 4 turns after the buff should be siphoned off. The word steal in and of itself means nothing should go to the target but onetal would gain more and more of the “generated” mana as the turns go on. You can explain it away anyway you want but the description should be worded in a way that there is no confusion or misinterpretation

Eh hel and proteus are more useful on offense in my opinion but that’s just on paper as i dont have her.

Facing her in defense, she’s not a threat at all. Very easily worked around.

Oh well, it’s obvious you can’t be convinced otherwise.

It was crystal clear to me. So whatever.

3 Likes

“Steals GENERATED mana”

Crystal clear

1 Like

If she froze mana like proteus and then stole the mana on top of that, once she charged the first time, you’d never lose a battle. Then the same ppl would be on here saying she’s op

Basically as far as I can see, the issue ppl are having with her is, to much thought has to go into using her well, which means on def the ai will struggle to get the maximum value

But this is no different to the ai targeting the wing with gm or zeline etc. The attacker will always have the advantages for this very reason.

Each to their, I prefer using hero’s where there is a bit of strategy required, playing the puzzle, and not relying on an epic cascade of my chosen colour stack. I mean if every sniper 1 hit would that be fun?

I’ve maxed her, and don’t regret it for a second. I hope to see many more of her in the weeks / months to come, but if I don’t then so be it.

Thanks for all the beta players who described her upon her release, she works exactly as I expected

5 Likes

But people that don’t have hel or proteus can still be happy with, and find use for Onatel.

Just like I was stoked to have gretel. Thats she’s not as good as hansel is irrelevant to me since I don’t have hansel.

Some of us just have to use and appreciate what we have in hand :slight_smile:

I would love to have her, she must be dynamite against all those very fast mana heroes, like GM.

it looks like several ppl have problems understanding the word “generated”…

2 Likes

I will say she was fantastic in the trials of mysticism quest. The bosses only used their specials once on the final level. I believe those types of events are where she can shine. I don’t really mean to bash her. She is good but not great. I had high hopes and she didn’t meet my expectation. I am an end game player, and I have many other heroes leveled, so my experience may not be the same as others

2 Likes

I used onatel and Proteus. Used no battle items on last stage. got lucky tiles as well. :smiley:

2 Likes

In this recent quest I found that onatel was not gaining or stealing mana. I lost the last quest because of this. Just saying!!! Sorry trials of mysticisms. Feeling cheated

1 Like

Please check this thread

Might clear your ‘problem’

1 Like

Same here, my Onatel didn’t either! She did gain her own mana but didn’t steal any.

Onatel will only gain mana from enemies with a mana bar. If you’re hitting regular monsters she won’t gain mana from they, it would have to be a boss monster/boss stage/titan/raid.

3 Likes