Onatel not working?

I can win 95+% with the green red team versus about 85% with various iterations with onatel.

On the 4th turn she should steal all the mana that has been generated over those 4 turns , an opponent hit right after firing their special should have 0 mana after those 4 turns

The overall quality of heroes between those two teams is pretty different. Not sure Iā€™d blame the 85% vs 95% win rate on Onatel. Evelyn and Zeline make that green stack brutal.

4 Likes

Youā€™re misinterpreting her specialā€™s description then. She only steals 100% of the mana that is generated on turn #4, not all turns combined.

2 Likes

Ok, fair enough.

20 heros

Completely agree here. Throw in Panther on that dark/holy team and see what those percentages look like.

4 Likes

As stated, I tried her in multiple formations. That is just what was saved from my last attempts. For meā€¦ she is a step down compared to other heroes. In many instances by the time I could use her, it was either too late to be effective or a non-factor from the other heroes I had in the lineup. This is after more than 100 attempts with her.

1 Like

So you are basically saying that panther is a good hero? Nice!

That and youā€™d have a better apples to apples comparison if you had a defense debuffer/dispeller on both teams.

Yes, she is not very good for me, and thats why i donā€™t even tried for her. But i understood that from the first moment i see her description that is exactly as i thought.

Iā€™m afraid, but if you read and spend specifically for her and misunderstood her special, then itā€™s your fault.

1 Like

Thanks for that insightful memo. I canā€™t believe I hadnā€™t tried that in my dozens of different combinations. Lol

1 Like

No problem. :smiley:

Do you have panther maxed out?

Noā€¦ I am fine with the amount of effort I put into using her. I personally think she is an average hero. Overall, my summary was that the sum of all parts is not enhanced by having her most line ups. I can use other teams and substitute her out and get basically the same result.

I have enough teams to solo 6 4000+ teams in wars and I use her in that capacity. My titan teams are set and she will not supplant my raid team as my red/green team beats basically everyone unless I get a particularly terrible board.

Well i have to agree you. translation is something which is not possible for SG.
Sometimes im thinking about what all these Beta Testers are doing?! They play with this Heroes. They seem to feel like the greatest because they can share stupid stuuf but they are not possible to say SG that this could be a missunderstanding or there is a translation problem. Thats awefull. Onatel is great but if i had understand her Special right at the first moment i would not have spent 200 Euro for herā€¦ Thats a stupid way from SG to make Money.

I had much higher expectations before her release so Iā€™m actually relieved that she sucks but it sucks for those that pulled her

I did hear she was bad at defense pre release though and considering she has 800 defense, it reminded me of aegir

And by your conclusion of her, thatā€™s exactly what she sounds like

He has the same problems

Special goes off and does well, itā€™s not needed. Special goes off and is needed, it doesnt change anything.

Sounds like 2 hotm faceplants 3 months apart

Perhaps SG should consider a test drive feature for new HOTMs. Players with buyers remorse from not getting the hero they were expecting will be more reluctant to spend in the future and some players may fail to appreciate a complex special on a card before it leaves resulting in SG missing out on some pulls from it.

To a certain extent of the hero hasnā€™t changed much from beta people can get a general idea from beta players whoā€™ve tried it out already but wonā€™t know how well it fits within their rosters.

How a feature could work when viewing the new HOTM card in summons there could be a Demo button at the bottom. From there you have the option of taking a 4-80 version of the hero along with other heroes you select in your roster against either a random Titan the new HOTM has type advantage against, a randomly generated raid or default hard PvE level or even take 5 of you heroes to face off against a raid team selected by SG for defense to accentuate its qualities. You wouldnā€™t get any rewards or XP for any of these demos but by trying the new hero out with your other heroes it would allow players a better idea of whether or not they want to try for it and avoid buyerā€™s remorse if they do and avoid complaints like this thread.

1 Like

That could be solved with the removal of the beta info ban

Thereā€™s a reason you see more players who donā€™t see beta info complaining or confused by certain heros and mechanics while others already have a good understanding even if not in beta

Issue will grow more as it has in the past year as long as SG tries to keep non beta players in the dark

Since the crackdown on beta pics/vids began last year, i havenā€™t seen anything good come from it.

-more complaints and confusion now

-more friends with wedges between them now

-more banned beta accounts now than there were then

-more problems and complaints against SG because of this rule, with very little(if any) praise for the rule

-caused another controversy last year by allowing 1 player to share beta videos while not allowing others(yes more than 1 asked)

-made moderators jobs harder and gave them more problems to monitor

-made some beta testers spend more time hunting down fellow testers over focusing on the product they should be testing

If anyone can think of even 1 good thing to come from the 2018 Information Crackdown, Iā€™d love to hear it

If sg has the rule then i respect it and will not post beta pics/vids on this forum(anymore lol)

But that doesnā€™t mean it makes sense or isnā€™t counter productive

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks to both you and @KLinMayhem for the insights on how she actually played for you. Itā€™s always nice to get try-before-you-buy data points.

Title of thread changed from ā€œOnatel is Pure Fraud from SGā€ to ā€œOnatel is a disappointmentā€.

Please read the card. She is exactly as advertised. Iā€™m sorry you wanted something else. :confused:

Please dial down the hyperbole.

4 Likes

FWIW, @Kerridoc pointed out that he and other beta players make effort to post info on the forums as soon as itā€™s allowed (referenced below).

But I think the idea of demo videos accessible in-game, and maybe even a ā€œtest driveā€ mode are excellent ideas.

Itā€™s great that beta players share information, but I donā€™t think they should be the only source of information, ideally.

(Post from Kerridoc below, expand/click through for references to original posts.)