Onatel not working?

Are you using onatel ?? Because she understands that she is average mana load level, therefore, when I have been using her opposites they have enough mana

In short once you fire play the board safe for 2 turns then target the heroā€™s under her spell, sheā€™s like a delayed proteus with the advantage of getting charged by any colour tiles in last 2 turns, when used correctly sheā€™s dynamite

Yes I have her and Iā€™ve been playing with her, she is average mana when collecting it using yellow tiles, but her siphon is not average mana it is purely based off the mana gained by those under her spell, so if Victor or gm are under it and on turn 3 you hit them with 6 tiles ie pop a gem/shard they would normally be fully charged but instead she nicks 75% of it so she gains quicker than average

3 Likes

At the moment, at least because of my experience, what Iā€™m trying, or Iā€™m not using it well or I do not understand it. Do you currently have it or were you using it in beta?

Ok ppl are going to say but her special takes to long to get going to be effective, well personally Id say it requires a good strategy. Iā€™m loving her, and ignoring her special for 2 turns and playing the board smart then going after those sheā€™s hit is working great

3 Likes

Iā€™m using her now, not in betaā€¦ She needs more thinking than the average special but its worth the time

1 Like

combo onatel with hansel or gretel and all your questions with onatel will be answered as u now have almost complete mana control of at least three heroes at all times. onatel gets up to 813 defense. sleep on her if you want too I will make people pay

I do understand that. Iā€™m just not happy, that you still can get your mana full after she fires. I would like her be more like Hel. :heart_eyes: I have to try her out, I got lucky and got her from my first pull this year. :joy: Never happen before.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s worse and better than Hel. Sheā€™s worse because (a) she doesnā€™t hit as hard, (b) she slows mana gain, but only stops it in the fourth and final turn, and (c) sheā€™s average mana, not fast. Sheā€™s better than Hel because her skill powers her up, making her ready to fire again far more quickly and reliably than Hel.

2 Likes

At the moment, I do not like it, I was waiting for this hero but I do not know if to upload Vivica, rather than onatel

Hel is average mana too tho so not better/worse in that regards unless youā€™re considering the mana gain for onatel an improvement over hel at average mana

1 Like

Great explanation! Thanks for the effort.

Also not mentioned is the bonus heal when using her in a stack, 24% over 6 turns is nothing to be sniffed at

1 Like

been using her on my raid team. She definitely doesnā€™t steal all the mana on the last turn of her buff

1 Like

Just to make sure this isnā€™t a misunderstanding of the special, you mean she isnā€™t stealing all the mana generated during the 4th turn by the heroes with her status effect on them?

I just wanted to make sure you werenā€™t thinking sheā€™d steal all of their mana, as opposed to all of the mana generated during that specific turn.

In other words, they could still have mana left. They just shouldnā€™t gain any new mana that turn, Onatel should gain all of it.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I spent money on summons to get her. Wasted resources to grow her and I am not very happy about it. Quit playing another game because of things like this.

1 Like

Never mind. Your wording is very misleading in the description. All mana in theory is generated unless under an alby buff . So say goodbye to my cash

1 Like

Since your post says ā€œyourā€ and is tagged as a reply to me, Iā€™ll just mention for clarity that I donā€™t work for SG ā€” Iā€™m just a fellow player trying to be helpful.

I can see where the wording could be quite confusing.

And there are certainly a number of places across the forum where others have identified poor wording choices in game messages. So itā€™s not like this is the first time the wording for something in the game has been confusing.

It sounds like this is working as intended for you ā€” just not as how you expected. So I think the ā€œbugā€ is an unclear description of the special, right?

And a good takeaway for SG from this and similar issues might be to somehow beta test the descriptions for new mechanics that might be unclear, perhaps by asking beta testers to explain their understanding of the wording to ensure it matches the intention, and asking for them to weigh in on whether itā€™s clear.

1 Like

Itā€™s always worth reading the boards before leveling up a hero. Beta testers have useful feedback and experience. About Onatel I wrote two detailed posts on her special skill mechanics:

FWIW I love her design and think she will be a top yellow hero going forward. The leader of my alliance, 7DF, had her as War tank, and he seems to have done better with his defense than my standard Guinevere tank.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mok-arr needs to be rethought