Onatel, best hero idea

@Kerridoc I dont want to hijack this thread, but have a direct question related to this…I agree with what you say, so want to make sure I am not missing something…based on what you are saying, will Kunchen potentially be a top tank?..seems like the stats are tanky as is with high defense and health but then with the resist/heals/debuff/buff/dispel i want to drool over putting him at tank

1 Like

Whether a hero is rampent remain one’s own opinion. He’s far less rampent than Quin IMO. More often it’s used as an execuse to nerf for making money (i.e. short termed) in the name of balance. Alby is just a sign of this possibility.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of healers at tank. Kunchen’s -defense ailment can be cleared easily enough (Zimkitha, Kiril, etc), and so dumping tiles into Kunchen until you’ve got the bosrd nicely set up is too easy.

2 Likes

Guinevere got a more severe nerf than Alberich and while I agree that even she could actually need another one I disagree with what you wrote as I believe that meta isn’t an opinion.

1 Like

I don’t think that Quin will get nerfed further. She’s the main part of a money making umbrella. She’s overpowered for a reason. It’s business. She will be nerfed only when a replacement is in place.

1 Like

agree.
Any next hero of the month is the best since Evelyn. Any other heroes I can compare to Onatel since Evelyn?

IMO this game can expand in a more healthy way. For an example each hero may have a secondary skill. This skill needs to be trained up which allows the hero to be overpowered a little bit but only lasts for a limited period of time. If you want your beloved heroes to shine in that period of time, you need to pay. This can come along with another type of raids, say, between families or races (SG can create a race system).

Another example, SG can create a boss raiding system which requires 2 (or 3 I don’t know how viable this is in technical terms) online teams work together to coorporate in a form in order to defeat the boss to have a chance for a token. By collecting a full set of tokens allows you to craft an ascenssion item. To craflt you need other mats as rare drops or can be purchased from shop. In order to defeat the boss more efficiently you also need to craft special boosting potions…etc.

It’s better for the game to evolve this way.

2 Likes

OK so i have onatel at 6 of 8 on special and decided the best way to use her since she can’t be on my raid team yet was think outside the box.

This was a preliminary run but i went back to season 1 Level 20 mini boss stages, as all these bosses hit hard and have mana bars.

I wanted to try a few different tricks with her and if anyone else tries this they will understand her usefulness immediately.

I ran a few different set ups. I ran drake onatel in the corner with joon as tank. both elemental links stack and are undispellable so joon was pretty good in the middle. I ran kihona and panther as his flanks as kihona has elemental link also. allowed me run no healer no actual tank. this set up went ok as I traded those flanker out a few different ways. but then omg

I ran gretel, hansel, joon, Evelyn, onatel.

it was a compete annihilation. I wiped the bosses out in 20 seconds they barely had a chance to swing anything at all. running onatel with mana reducing heroes will be a nightmare for anyone.

I did try to cheat and run proteus and see if even though they couldn’t gain, mana if all tiles would still give her SUPPOSED mana, this did not work however she only received mana for yellow tiles. being that her link was nice I also swapped drake as tank and the guardian owl with drake in the corner. the elenlmental links stack between her and drake. this will now lead to monster dps set ups for yellow.

hope this was helpful as this was a very fun experience and can’t wait till I have the AM to get her to at least 600 to move hrr up in raids and wars for me.

the hansel and Gretel team was a force that I really enjoyed playing as I completely controlled the map. good luck hope this was helpful. Great strides SG and the future looks bright.

23 Likes

Great information! Thanks for posting it. Thanks also for experimenting with Proteus and Onatel in tandem. Good to know it’s not an ideal pairing.

1 Like

Why as feeders of course…:sunglasses:

1 Like

@DoctorStrange, I definately appreciate your telling of your experience…This is the reason I come to these forums, to learn from others to improve my game, not listen to a bunch of complaints…Great post and thank you!!!

7 Likes

Which automatically wipes Hel from the team as well…Thats sad, but good information!!!

3 Likes

no problem, the thing that draws me into this game is the almost limitless possibilities for awesome combos. as a defensive player, I have real nail.biting matches as I try to counter skills and when helping other players using their said characters I have always impressed and helped better them with my through explaining of skill. vs skill and best areas to practice said heroes to get the closet to.a match feel for the allaince wars.

NOT ALL PLAYERS fight the same way and this is a huge portion of why the thought that their is a pay to win system in a game that really has no end and only place some pay players may have a lead is in troops.

anyone with a 4k team and +30 troops can make it to first place as long as you pick your battles. your defense may not hold up but our allaince leader has been playing not even a year as me and he has been as high as third with our strong ability to learn to counter. sometimes.

depending what characters you have at given time one character, such as onatel, can give u a whole new experience in tactical fighting and this was the most fun I had testing a character in a while it was very fun.

6 Likes

hel still does a lot more damage with her attack and if she kicks one side of the board then onatel would own the other Hel and onatel will be nasty

3 Likes

the mana control matched with hansel and gretels special was the most devastating combo I have seen in a long time. li xiu and chao are both yellow and thus would also receive the elemental link so theoretically Onael as tank with li xiu and chao in the corners and say sartana and kihona or quintos as flanks. nasty just nasty

5 Likes

I didn’t really think about Hel like that, when you said Proteus and her didn’t work well together, I assumed Hel wouldn’t either …love using Hel to shut down Guin…Have several others I need to level up before …she’s on team 6 right beside Kage …Speaking of Kage, I finished Frostmarch this morning with Drake as a tank and Victor and Kage flanking him…it was a breeze

3 Likes

Wait, how does it matter on which position (tank, flank etc) they are when you attack monsters? Or even in offensive raid? I mean, I get it matters when there’s a nearby ally buff involved, but is there any other reason?

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I never cared about it other than to ensure who gets the nearby ally buff/healing.

2 Likes

Position in offense only matters because of certain adjacencies

• as you note, some buffs are to caster and nearby. Such casters should be tank or flank. The beneficiaries should be chosen wisely, e.g. ice heroes don’t get much benefit from Kashhrek’s fire shield.
  • many attacks hit target and nearby. The clearest example is Gravemaker—if I bring two greens, I want them spaced apart to avoid both of them burning. If Alberich is left wing, then Zeline needs to be right flank or right wing,
9 Likes

Question: would Onatel still gain mana when hit by Hel’s special?

2 Likes

I am not a fortunate owner of Hel sadly, I don’t think anyone in my whole alliance has her either as we are new and none of us got her in the Atlantis summons, but I would assume not since it didn’t work vice versa.

1 Like