Onatel, best hero idea

So is her passive going to directly link up with WU … I can see this being a pretty OP hero. If she isnt affected by the accuracy take away. Just throw Leonidas in the tank position and use them flanks you got a killer 3 stack team.

1 Like

His current defense is ok. Albi center definitely has its disadvantages since he is slow and all but the upside to it is that on the off chance that Albi launches its special, it will be like a fireworks display with all the specials coming at you real fast.

Albi in the left corner is quite common and annoying on the chance he can revive other heroes.
Albi is definitely a grade A tank. Most tanks are highly regarded not because of their inability to die, its the potential devastating outcome if their special is released.

Guin/Hel/GM/Albi/Mitsu/Azlar belongs to this category (devastating specials).

The other group of strong tanks are the old school hard to die tanks that are literally annoying if you fail to kill them in the first 3 turns (Ares/Richard/Horghall/Justice/Morgan). They are either very tough or they slow you down.

The only one I find that belongs to both categories is Yunan and with the new addition of Onatel.
Boss Wolf comes close if not for the fact that he is very slow.

3 Likes

What I read from others she will still get a 35% chance to miss with Wu as he is considered a buff not debuff. Also he affects accuracy instead of blind. It be like her negating Inari dodge chance which I can’t see happening because dodge isn’t a blind.

1 Like

@AngelPaladin I dont know that I would agree because the wording on her card is accuracy. And that is the same wording on Wu’s card he is a buff/debuff character yes. So not sure who is giving the information but that does not seem right to me.

Is she blind?

I know she has a blindfold on but I thought she was just kinky!

4 Likes

Totally agree with @Rigs on this.

Chasing for shiny new heroes is one thing but making past heroes almost completely obsolete is another. With new heroes being so overpowered to a point that it starts not to stimulate the brain for creating new combinations is utter nonsense to a certain extent.

It becomes “if I have these 5 shiny heroes, I don’t even need to wrack my brain to create a new defense/attack combination”. I am P2P and have shiny heroes but looking at my roster and knowing so many of my 5* heroes that will never see the light of day due to current meta is just sad.

9 Likes

her card description is ‘Blind Seer’

Careful about what you say @Rigs unless you want them to come for you.

Agree, agree and agree.

Better heroes is fine and expected even if it does imply a gradual decrease in the value of the original heroes, tough if you’ve invested resources, but part of the game.

New heroes that immediately make powerful original and even some HotM heroes obsolete is not good for anyone. This must be stressed, underlined and reiterated.

• Not good for Players: It is worse for those that have played longer and invested most in the backbench of original heroes but it is negative for all players since having the new heroes = automatic win in wars and raids.
  • Not good for the overall game: This is an acceleration of the feared game imbalance (if not this hero then the next or the next), an imbalanced game loses appeal and players quit, when players quit the whole experience worsens.
  • Not good for SG: Sure, short term spending spikes, longer term people quit. No people → no sales → no game.
8 Likes

As I said earlier, why would you bring Drake, Joon or Justice against a yellow tank? This particular immunity seems both logical, given the character, and limited, given her color.

Kunchen’s Immunity to -defense is a much broader carve-out, however one that doesn’t trouble me. To survive, the game must evolve. Immunities will make me think harder about the choice of heroes, just as the new class abilities will.

A critique I would find completely valid is that the complexity of this game is moving way past what is typical,on a mobile match-3 game. Yep. Welcome to a world where phones are more capable than computers and consoles of ten years ago.

9 Likes

I’m confused about if the innate ability is a resistance or an immunity. Reading the card I assumed it was a resistance - say 40% of the time when hit with a blinding skill nothing happens (as if the blind 'misses), and 60% of the time Onatel is still blinded. But some people in this thread are talking about it as an immunity - i.e., 100% resistance. Has SGG given an actual number anywhere?

A lot of people seem to like her, but I think it’s more for advanced or experienced players. Beginners like me, who are still under the process of building up a first core team, would probably still prefer basic hard hitters like joon over her… I got her though, when I tried to get a joon.

3 Likes

How does mana steal work in instances where there it cannot be divided evenly? Is it tracked by tile or by percentage? For instance, how much mana gain would there be on turn 1 of Onatel’s special if only one tile hits? Is it rounded down to zero, up to one, or does the game track 1/4 tiles?

@Mr_Style_Points
If one tile hits the defense team, the heroes in the attacking team will gain mana of which a portion will be stolen by Onalel. In effect the 3 heroes got hit by Onatel won’t be able to have all the mana. Their mana gain is thus slowed down.

2 Likes

I think full mana is 100% , so when hero get mana from 1 puzzle it is 10%(for simplificatinon) so Onatel stole 2,5% of enemy mana

@Radar1
Yes, pretty much.

I’d have no problem with the immunities if these heroes were available to all the players, and not behind (a very thick) paywall. You’ll either need to grind through Feb for Kunchen or hunt for him in future Atlantis with even lower chance to pull. Tank being resistant to one of the most commonly available anti-tank special is going to cut off most of the player base from having a fair fight for top places. Hero like that should not be a ‘limited time offer’ hero.

2 Likes

It’s a full immunity, 100% resistance.

And re mana: mana is a continuous variable, not integer by tile. The way it’s programmed, I’ve gleaned from a few nuggets revealed by staff posts, is that every hero is “full” at 100% mana. The difference among mana-speed heroes is what % is added per tile. For an average-speed hero, a tile adds 10%; for a fast hero, 12.5%. All the math is easier when you think about it this way. For example, when Guinevere casts, her 20% reduction is an absolute figure, the same for all foes.

4 Likes

Thank you. I take issue with the wording then.

You’d want to factor in each hero’s ability when evaluating them for the center position.

Guinevere does not have the highest defensive stats in the game, but she is ranked highly overall – the upper 20% of heroes for this metric have an index of 276 or above. The average is 257.

1 Like