Onatel, best hero idea

After she fires once, assuming tank possition on defence and hits 3 targets first shot. would this put her up to a fast or very fast mana speed potentially in terms of how quickly should would be ready to fire again due to siphoning mana?

2 Likes

She will get WRECKED in defense, if anyone contests that…they do NOT know how formidable the dark roster is. Just Kage and Panther would roll over her like a speed bump. Im sure not spending $$ on a gimmick hero that is only useful half the time.

She is a good addition to the holy roster as a whole as the holy roster is pretty trashy compared to the others. But like i said, she is only useful on attack as in defense their are far to many weapons to give her the room temperature test.

To be fair, Kage and Panther would be powerful against any likely holy tank, and while both of them are common on the rosters of whales and top tier players, neither is particularly easy to come by on a small number of pulls without a lot of luck. So plenty of players will likely be happy with her as a tank, even if top tier players aren’t.

But I do think Onatel will be more useful on offense than defense, since she has a special best used with planning, not one that can be used to best effect sprayed with reckless abandon like the AI does.

5 Likes

Onatel is basically a monster especially on offense.

Many compare her to Guin but it is somewhat a wrong comparison.

Her special is what makes her special. The moment she launches, all she needs is to throw tiles at her opponents regardless of color and she will just max out her own mana all the same extremely fast especially against opponents with Zeline/GM/Kage or other fast mana heroes. She would seem like a limitless cannon at that point. As @Kerridoc said, she ripens real fast. With her stats, I doubt she will go down fast. She does her job well as vanguard and tank to protect her team as well as dealing some damage of her own.

On defense, she is like Guin, you need to really stack to bring her down with her high defense.
Myself and many others have mentioned before, a good tank is one where he/she punishes a raider with a bad board and forces you to run a less optimal offensive lineup. Just remember that the more you color stack, the more you rely on a good board.

No defense is invincible but Onatel will make your life very hard if your board goes south. She aint bad for titans as well with her mana steal.

I was surprised that she came out with average mana instead of slow mana. With enough imagination, you will see that she is just a monster.

12 Likes

Usually a good defensive tank can either hit hard, or can self heal to survive. Onatel doesn’t hit hard nor self heals (only with the minimal elemental link). Maybe she’s good for offense with help from another healer. This needs to test to tell.

24% heal isn’t too shabby.

3 Likes

Remember that gap between FTP and P2W we were talking about?

Happy New Year, it has arrived!!

1 Like

I appreciate the mixed advice. I luckely was able to pull Onatel on my 2nd of 6 free tokens i had saved up. I did not need to spend any money.
Im typically in the low 2600 right now on defence and have just switched out my delilah tank for Alberich for the last 2 week’s and have gone up from low 2500 to low 2600 cups on defence. I thought it was Wierd but I can’t argue the results.

I was hoping Onatel would be a better tank option then alberich or Delilah. It would be nice to clime up the lader a bit more!

-old defence team
-Current defence team
-planned defence team once Victor is up
-thoughts for future defence team.

Capture%20_2019-01-01-17-14-55

Sorry for all the pics. What’s your votes?!

2 Likes

I suspect Onatel between Zim and Victor will do well. There’s essentially nowhere to throw tiles as an attacker that you’re going to be super happy about the results of. :wink:

And while he can tank, I think Alberich in left wing tends to work better, and Delilah tends to be a better tank, as your experiment showed. Testing Onatel vs Delilah with that setup will be interesting.

2 Likes

Not unless she’s not hit in that 6 turns. 4% per turn is the minimal, especially to a tank.

I agree with you but i will be trying drake as my tank once Victor is up. I feel like with Delilah tank i only will have one hard hitter on my entire defence team Alasie. And after my experiment alberich is getting me better cups then delilah as tank but i do prefer him in the left corner too!
So ill see if drake can hold the fort until i get Onatel up. Then ill have to try her out. I think with her tanky defence stats and average mana she will do much better then alberich tank im hoping she will get me into the high 2600 cup range on defence…

1 Like

I fought you a couple of times.

Please dont bring her up too quickly.

I dont want to see her in your defense. :rofl:

4 Likes

How does Guin rate so low on this index? Is she not the most used tank (along with GM)?

Damn… Niice. Had a few lucky pulls myself. Congrats…

1 Like

Tanky stats is necessary but not sufficient to be a good tank. The hero’s special matters a lot.

Take as an extreme a hypothetical hero that had a 0 attack stat but ginormous defense and HP, and the special skill was to heal self for 1%. By a simple 2*D+HP metric, this would be the best tank in the game. But it’s just a lump of meat that can be ignored until the end then whittled down.

The “tankiness” of a hero is just a starting point in choosing a tank. Low def/health probably disqualifies a hero as a good tank—Isarnia, e.g.—but being a meat-shield isn’t sufficient, either—Thorne, e.g. Richard is a better balance of solid tank stats with a special that has a meaningful team impact.

5 Likes

Thanks airhalk ill take that as a compliment. Always grinding to try to improve my defence team I have such a large roster for offence and titans. Not having Guinevere makes me have to be creative and resourceful with my slowly evolving defence team…

1 Like

How true nor do I have Guin.

Always looking for ways to improve defense. Not having Zeline/GM/Albi makes it tough for me to hang on against those super heroes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All defenses can be beat. Have a deep bench of good offensive heroes so,you can always raid back up to diamond. Don’t sweat your raid defense.

War defense is actually more important…

8 Likes

Well my defense wins some and loses some but always hanging around 2500-2600. Cant maintain any higher.

Smacking people is the easy and fun part. Defending is the toughest part. Its actually the only part for me wanting shiny new heroes.

Early game wanting new heroes to make good offensive variation. Once having enough of that, only want to have better defense.

War for me is just meh since I am in an average alliance in the range of 110k-120k points.

Now my urge to play is finding people I know from this forum and win a raid on them. Still havent found you yet @Kerridoc :smile:

5 Likes

No Lianna or other green snipers to replace Alberich? I find at your trophy level as thats about where i sit, healer type heroes to be pretty useless. Especially when folks put them center, i will just throw tiles at them regardless of color cause i know once my entire team is fired up its GG!

I know we all play a little different and maybe you have tried it and didn’t get results you liked. I know when i used a healer at diamond tier on defense i lose alot more then win.

1 Like