Onatel, best hero idea

Inari is wonderful, too, but in a more passive way. With Onatel, your choices have a direct impact on how great she’ll be. With Inari, it’s all about how the dice roll. Different styles, different heroes. I prefer chess over roulette.

19 Likes

@HeWillFindUs - I like the idea of the tank index but I can’t see how that formula gives the result that appears in the table

But on offense you gain any mana that YOUR tiles of any color would have charged enemy heroes. So on turn 4 if you drop 4 tiles on an affected enemy of a color you didn’t bring, which would usually be 1 damage and charge their special, you absorb 4 tiles worth of mana plus the one tile worth they would gain from the turn itself

1 Like

She feels broken and not for the reasons most people will think. The fact she is hero of the month and has a resist. I just don’t know how I feel about them adding such a game changing mechanic into the hero of the month portal. I was ok with season 2 hero’s and family’s cause that was Season 2 that was a major change. I am ok with new class thing there working on cause once again it affects a wide array. This just I don’t know doesn’t feel the same and I don’t know how I like it. I think personally she will be a beast just the fact she resist blind is kinda dodgy.

7 Likes

It’s divided by 10 in my table to normalize with a few other indices and make it easier to read.

I didn’t want her. I was still chasing mother north so did my final seasonal pull to get her and ended up with onatwl instead. Only pull I’m doing in January as well.

Is it possible (is she able) to steal mana from all 5 enemy at once? And would that not keep her going in a loop. If she can do that.

1 Like

I’m quite sure Magni hasn’t that defense stat

As a tank definitely not on Guin level but still a decent tank. I think maybe even Delilah is a better tank.
Stat also mean not that good for statcking against Titan. As for raiding, may require some learning and proper hero pairing to bring the most out of her.

@TKristensen

She hits 3 and milks three for mana, not full team. I guess it’s possible that all 5 could be milked at once if she charges up again quickly and targets the other half of the team? If I pull her I will try to test that

4 Likes

Thanks - makes sense now

Yeah i know its only 3, as you say if she can have 2 skills running. She might be broken cause then the enemy might not get full mana

Tell me I am wrong. People say she doesn’t STEAL mana but charges instead along with enemy heroes. At least I got that feeling from a video on youtube

1 Like

you’re right. suppose the enemy has half bar of mana. she will steal mana that’s generated after her special is fired in a 25/50/75/100%. per turn. Enemy mana bar will fill slower to nothing at all in the last turn
So you will need some planning before hitting your enemy with tiles

1 Like

I am not very excited about her - even when my yellow bench is not that impressive (with Owl being the only 5* lol). I like mana controllers but she seems to overcomplicate the concept. The ability to steal future mana gain to recharge faster and make use of that 3 hero 250% dmg looks to be her strong side, but her attack is not too impressive to shine there.

And for a tank, her effect is too sophisticated for AI not to mess up 75% of the time.

Blind resistance is a weird perk also - I don’t see how anyone would be bringing blinding heroes to counter someone like her in the first place.

Definitely not pulling for her, and if I pull her randomly, she’s gonna to sit on that bench for a while. Having her and Owl I would probably prefer starting on Owl (at least would be useful for wars on 2.60).

1 Like

I don’t see her description saying she is immune to blind. Am I missing something here?

Does she also drain overflowed mana of fully charged heroes or she could only drain the mana of the charging ones?

Look at OP’s textbox’s image :wink:

1 Like

One question, does she steal the charged mana to herself? I.e. she gain any mana she steal

Blockquote
Does she also drain overflowed mana of fully charged heroes or she could only drain the mana of the charging ones?

If I am not mistaken, then the answer is NO.

1st turn:
the target gets 75% of his total mana gain. He fires if that 75% is enough to make his pool full.

2nd turn:
the target gets 50% of his mana gain. He fires if that 50% is enough to make his pool full.

3rd turn:
the target gets 25% of his mana gain. He fires if that 25% is enough to make his pool full.

4th turn:
the target gets 0% of his mana gain. His mana is frozen this turn. He can’t fire this turn due to receiving no mana.

The above is not dispellable but nullified when Onatel dies.

3 Likes

1st turn:
The target gets 75% of his total mana gain and onatel 25% (and mana of tiles).
That’s why @Kerridoc use word “siphoned”

1 Like