Onatel, best hero idea

Is this spreadsheet open to everyone? Is there a link to see full copy?

Right, so to be clear:

1. First round, 25% of all gained mana is instead siphoned off by Onatel. It’s like Alasie’s or Little john’s special, but with the slowed mana gain recovered by Onatel.
  2. Second round, 50%
  3. Third round, 75%
  4. Fourth and last round, 100%.

I absolutely love the design and enjoyed playing with her in beta. It takes some care, but if you can trigger a cascade in the third or fourth rounds, you ideally end up with dead or badly wounded foes, still not powered up, and Onatel ready to fire again. Once she gets going, she’s deadly.

The “can’t be blinded” protection is really sweet, especially with all the Drakes and Joons currently. Immunity seems to be the new twist for 2019 heroes.

25 Likes

So does the stolen mana get added to Onatel’s mana? Or, is it just siphoned away from the enemy?

1 Like

Does her resistance to accuracy reduction also include Wu Kong’s Gambler Stance?

3 Likes

Does she reset her special if you fire it before the fourth turn? Or is it a fourth round of a fight? Like on events? If it’s rounds, then I am lost on her value for raids.

suppose the enemy gains 4 tiles worth of mana in a turn
the 1st turn the enemy would gain mana worth 3 tiles and onatel 1 tile
2nd turn: enemy gets mana worth 2 tiles and onatel worth 2 tiles
3rd turn: enemy gets mana worth 1 tile and onatel worth 3 tiles
4th turn: onatel gets it all

5 Likes

Lol good question
Doubt it since wu’s isnt considered a blind and stacks with others

But we’ll see what beta says

1 Like

So she is strictly a raid/war defense character? There wouldn’t be any other time where you would fight against tiles.

Got her on one pull rig lol

3 Likes

Congrats!! Feels good don’t it?

jus tried her an wu and she missed

3 Likes

Very my man :wink: she will take my next 5 yellow next to joon. Drake. Vivica.

3 Likes

That’s what i figured but think i may have misworded my response or something

Thank you

Got the last dart yesterday in a mystic vision it was meant to be

1 Like

I’m eat her up lol

4 Likes

Yes, Onatel gains the mana her targets lose.

No, it’s specific to the Blind ailment (Join, Justice, Dark, HunTao, Bane)

Yes, this is a weakness, esp. on defense. She overwrites herself and resets the drain amount. Same issue with Lady Locke’s DoT.

8 Likes

How would u rank her having used her kerridoc on offence then defence :wink:

Who would u idealy pair her with in rading or war?

Her stats make her a strong defensive hero, but I think she’s best on offense. Although you can just fire her and move on, she’s best if you use some tactics to build up a big tile drop on move 4 (or 3), to wreak as much damage as possible and recharge Onatel. The A.I. is stupid about such tactical subtlety, so a smart player can make far better use of her.

I plan to get Onatel and max her. I’m delaying when I pull this month until Atlantis on the thin chance that I’ll pull Inari and/or Kageburado #2 in the process, and I’m working Drake up from 4-5 to max this month.

17 Likes

Your always so helpful very appreciated kerridoc I was actually moving anari at the moment I think I’m going to do this new hotm first I was Only a day or 2 away from the big step so luck is on my side :wink: