Onatel, best hero idea

Actually its the other way around. Zeline has to fire first to ensure the whole team is not hurting by lowering the enemy’s offense.

1 Like

Wrong. I’ve blinded zeline with drake several times which causes her to miss 2 to 3 heroes consistently. If Zimkitty fires first, not only will Zeline be cured of any ailments, but she will also hit harder.

1 Like

It all depends on who is attacking and the board.

I will just base on the usual left to right skill firing system.

Zim has to fire first to cleanse and buff. Zim to lower offense while also enjoying Zim’s buff.

Both have their merits but IMO Zeline gives higher chance to the team’s survival if she is in flank rather than wing.

Also, who do you fear more to fire first. Zeline or Zim. Zeline lowers my attacking power greatly while Zim only buffs and cleanses my opponent without interrupting my offense.

sorry if posted before. Combined with Wu, will she still miss? or will she always hit then?

Isn’t this about defense, not offense? A defense team with Zim firing BEFORE Zeline is more dangerous because it insures that Zeline’s attack will be buffed, however marginally, and will hit everyone.

1 Like

Sadly, she will miss, like everyone else.

This is definitely about defense.

Perhaps others can help chip in.

Zeline firing first definitely more dangerous to the attacker.
If both Zim and Zeline are charged, Zim’s cleans and buff coming first before Zeline firing is more ideal which also means Zim is on the left of Zeline.

Hopefully we are not diverting to off-topic of Onatel.

1 Like

I think you’re misunderstanding me because I’m literally saying exactly what you’re saying. Zim to the left of zeline is what I’ve been saying from the get go. Heroes fire left to right, that’s why zim comes first then zeline.

Please note the lineup that I have stated in my earlier post

I think the confusion is that if Zeline is in flank, she will get hit more first, so she might actually go off first before Zimkitha despite the left to right rule

If all were hit equally Zim would obviously fire first

Left to right rule is important but the middle heroes tend to charge faster from tiles

3 Likes

since the birth of a shiny new hero, I was a bit sad about SG where they seemed to forget the classic hero who was the hero who made this game famous. We know Richard, Elena, Vivica are the main actors in this game but this hero seems to be considered old-fashioned :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

1 Like

Thanks you guys. I didn’t mean for it to go off topic with the exact placement of Zim and Zel.
I’m guessing Onatel is a viable tank for that line up?
And it is ultimately for my defense team yes. Obviously for offense we go into battle offensively with teams that are more tailor suited for whom we are battling.
This will be my first 5* team and I think Onatel will fill that tank spot that I’ve been puzzling about for a while. I’ve already got my first 4* team maxed and almost 2 teams of 4s at 3/60. I’m excited for the possibility she brings!
That second team was just who i was using as my second most powerful team for wars up until this point. It was aldo who i was putting up as a cup dropper team to get easier targets in lower diamond raids. Unfortunately, these past couple of weeks that hasn’t been working too well.
I have everything to max both Zim and Onatel. I’m one tonic away for zeline (unless Lianna is a better option? I have her at 3/70) I’m one scope away and 3 tabards away for magni and Panther to max.
So, there is still time before i get them all up!

1 Like

this new HOTM power, if I hit her with drake, hutau, bane then she is immune to blind power? And 100% accuracy?

@Kerridoc

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve been reading! That’s one of the most frustrating ailments!

2 Likes

then we don’t take them hahahahaha … we just bring the purple hero :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

When you Use Onatel twice, will they both steal mana?

1 Like

Onatel overwrites herself, so as long as you targdt each side so as not to overlap, she can be used together, but not sure it’s a very strong offensive strategy as her special is not hard hitting, and in def the ai would never use her correctly

1 Like

Yes, Onatel shrugs off the Blind effect from Drake, Joon, Hu Tao and Bane. The Blind status effect simply doesn’t attach. Wu Kong’s Gambler’s Stance, though, is not an ailment but a buff, so it does attach to Onatel, simultaneously buffing her attack and reducing her accuracy.

4 Likes

Hmmm someone in my alliance brought up an interesting question, so I thought I’d pose it here, do redhood minions prevent or effect onatel ability to siphon mana? I’m going to try and find a hood in raids to test but can’t say I’ve seen one at my cups lvl before

2 Likes

I had trouble testing this in beta because Onatel’s attack (which happens first) is more than strong enough to kill a Red Hood minion. I couldn’t get two casts in from Red Hood before Onatel at tank fired.

3 Likes