Onatel, best hero idea

Do you mean whining or winning? Or did you combine them to make a new word? Which could actually be relevent…

1 Like

whine-ing , english is not my main , Thanks teacher

The discussion was about the relative level of skill required for this game, versus just purchasing your success. While there is disagreement about this, the rest of us were at least having a polite discussion until you chimed in. But thanks for your enlightening comments.

Regarding skill, on defense, correct me if I’m wrong (since you think I don’t understand the game’s mechanics), but does not the AI play your heroes for you? All you have to do is decide what hero to place in which of the 5 slots.

Bought the latest OP tank? Check. Gonna place it in the centre tank slot? Check.

Not a lot of skill needed for that, IMHO.

2 Likes

i don’t have victor so have no idea of what he can do

some teams give you different problems at different times. when I had no good red or heavy hitters early, I hated kashrek with a passion. no one to remove buffs, boril becomes a headache. no good yellow sniper good luck with rigard In the tank position. I fear no hero I simply see them as a chance to learn and as I learn counters I share them with my alliance mates and the same comes back. depending on rosters people come up with many counters meaning different people will always be at different advantages or disadvantages due to their roster.

again there is no such thing as an unbeatable team in this game just hard to deal with with current roster

8 Likes

I do not feel Onatel as a “must have hero”, and definetely not something breaking the balance between P2W and F2P.
Tanky stats, 3-to-4 turns for her special to work at best. That’s really a lot of time, and it can disappear if she die (and that’s what really suck for her to be a tank).
Neverless, she could be really a fun hero to play with.

I’m one of those people thinking she needs to be a 3 turns full mana stealer instead of 4, so i personally guess she is a little underpowered.

What’s sure, hero like Evelyn or buddy (limited or totally one-in-a-year) break the balance much more.

2 Likes

Actually, her resistance is to specials that impact Accuracy, not just Blindness according to the text on her card, but a test from those that have both Onatel and Wu could answer this quickly.

The text of her Resist reads:

Resist Blind
The hero has an innate ability to resist status ailments that affect Accuracy.

In the text, “Accuracy” is highlighted in blue.

Someone already tested it

I’d point out that Wu’s accuracy loss counts as a buff, not an ailment, since it comes with +dmg.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you @Garanwyn, that explains it then, all ailments that impact accuracy. So at the moment those are just the Holy heroes with Blind but keeps the door open for other ailments that may be developed down the line.

4 Likes

Anyone have any experience with Onatel at tank on their defense? More losses? More wins? Dropping faster than usual?

I am one of the lucky ones who pulled her out of an elemental summon. I love her special skill but unfortunately should wait till upgrading her. Even without upgrade she is sooooooooo cooooollll

3 Likes

I pulled her out of the holy summons portal! I decided to use my gems that i was saving there instead of waiting for pirates, since i have been in need of a 5* holy and i know the elemental summons has the highest potential of all the portals.
So, second 10× pull i get justice as the second grab! Then it pauses for the bonus pull!!

So, i am in need of a tank. I have all the mats to max just one holy 5*. I know Justice is a decent tank…

3 Likes

I would go with Onatel if you pulled her and justice

Congrats! So that there’s no confusion, the odds of drawing the HotM are the same in Epic, Elemental, and Event summons, all at 1.3%. Elemental has a 2.5% of summoning a 5* (separate from the bonus roll for the HotM), much better than the 1.5% in the Epic portal. The fact that Onatel,is a holy hero, and that you pulled from the holy elemental summons, was entirely coincidence.

5 Likes

I know that she was a coincidence. I meant i was at the elemental portal for the higher chance for a 5*.
I was crossing my fingers for Viv.
But, i know the way i worded it, a newer to the forum person could have read it differently. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So, since this is a post on Onatel, instead of starting a new post, I’ll continue the discussion.

I’ve read and been told she is a good tank. How does this line up look?

Obviously i still have leveling to do, and that is gonna take a few minutes.

That’s the line up I’ve been using waiting on a 5* yellow.
I haven’t done any farming to test her out yet, as i want to get her up to a higher level. I’m debating doing a bit of cup dropping to send her into a raid. But, i can wait until war and see what i think. It probably wouldn’t be with this team yet, but a clean up one.

2 Likes

Lineup 1:

Zim - Zeline - Onatel - Magni - Panther

Best to have Zeline fire off first. Zim’s special can come as a rescue or cleanup later in the raid.

4 Likes

Zim needs to fire before zeline to ensure zeline isnt hurting.

3 Likes

First team suggestion
Zeline- Zimkitha-Onatel-Magni-panther
This will ensures that Zimkitha fires first because she will be getting hit with more tiles being beside tank and she has super tanky stats but not a good tank!

1 Like