Oldest gamer

:joy::joy::joy:

Took me a second for that to sink in

4 Likes

Iā€™m 70 in a little over two weeksā€¦ people donā€™t change that much just because they get olderā€¦ I still have pretty much most of my ā€˜facilitiesā€™ and Iā€™ve played games for decades (starting with text only adventuresā€¦ ā€œturn left and advance one paceā€¦ there is a chestā€ !)

9 Likes

One dayā€¦one day Iā€™ll get a damn medal :laughing:

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure you have to be beyond special for a medal. I think I have seen just one? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Seems like @AncientPirate1 should get an honorable mention here, if only for his name. :muscle: :pirate_flag: :birthday:

11 Likes

Iā€™m 58. One of my alliance members is 69. Us old folks are out here!

4 Likes

I donā€™t see how anyone who isnā€™t retired even has time for this game :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Iā€™m 63 and clearly very idiotic, as I appear to have no pants. Itā€™s a thing in our village!

3 Likes

I always figured by the time I had a decent team Iā€™d be in my eighties ā€¦ twenty odd years down the line.

Ok Boomer!

3 Likes

Between this game and my wife Iā€™m amazed I have time for my job :joy:

5 Likes

Not there yet but not a long way off. You young whipper-snappersā€¦I always wanted to say that. I donā€™t know why, it just sounds like something i would hear from somebody old when I was young. But now Iā€™m old. And not only am I a better player than most of you on here, I could beat most of your a sses on a rope course or climbing course. If an OG like me said, or just thought, ā€œevery young guy under 25 is stupid and couldnā€™t satisfy a woman to save his lifeā€, you would probably call me names. At the least. Yet, every once in a while I still have to see s hit like this. ā€œCan you believe it? Thereā€™s a dude, like 70 here that plays in a top 100 team.ā€ ā€œAnd I hear he can still drive a car.ā€ Well listen up boys, I can drive a race car, 'cause I got one. Get in my face. And I will very likely beat your ā– ā– ā– . Now show some respect.

Mod Edit - Iā€™ve removed a little over exuberance in order to allow an entertaining post.

3 Likes

Iā€™d consider that pretty accurate as a gross generalisation, they arenā€™t all stupid. :wink:

I could beat most of your a sses on a rope course or climbing course.

Well youā€™d whip me but Iā€™ll set up a time with one of my nephews who has freakish skills as a climber, a virtual spiderman who loves free climbing.

Theres a woman I work with who has her father in law living with her. He turns 88 this year and his favorite games, and the only games he plays, are the call of duty series.

I didnā€™t mean anything personal. Youā€™ll see someday when you get older how the younger guys think a 60 yr old guy is ready for the nursing home, doesnā€™t know anything about computers and hasnā€™t had ā– ā– ā–  for like 30 years or something. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me off and Iā€™ve shown them up with a couple bruises over it.

2 Likes

I hope you noticed my omission after ā€œstupidā€. And you can work out exactly how old I am. Iā€™m even finally getting used to being called ā€œBoomerā€ although that isnā€™t accurate for when I was born. What gets to me is they seem to think everything I have was handed to me on a plate to be funded by them later. Never seen a current ā€œMillenialā€ put in 120 hour weeks to get ahead. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

ya, the a good day, At 68 I can still work one those millennial into the ground. They even limited the number for hours a medical resident to work to 80hr/wk. Boy are they in for shock when they get to the real World. Us old gesszer grew up with 120+hr/wk so getting out in the real world we were conditioned and even felt it was easier.

Itā€™s simple, I just got on with life and gave myself 6 hours off one night per week guilt free regardless of what HAD to happenā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m 89 this year. Do I get a senior discount?

4 Likes

Congratulations on the milestone :trophy:.

Not sure on the discount, but welcome to the forum :angel:t2:.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve had a word with the staff and theyā€™ve discounted your odds of getting a 5* ninja from 1% to 0.5% :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations, itā€™s well deserved.

5 Likes