Old Cynic Empires and Puzzles Blog

He is retro 5* :rofl:. In fact, when I see him in the first time, I feel like he is really S1 5* :rofl:.

I have a better idea. Let make this guy another hero :rofl:

We might see heroes like that in the future :rofl:.

I see you talk about Thanatos (who is still in beta) in this

Could you talk about Quintus second costume ? He is one of the worst heroes for many years. He have to see Ursena, Killhare then Goseck from the bottom of 5* pile. But he will be at the top of purple tank in second costume version :rofl:.

3 Likes

Today, I’m taking a look at Cao Cao, the new Kingdom hero:

2 Likes

I’m really excited to share this interview with a long term Free to Play player. I hope you like it:

4 Likes

Which heroes actually cause the most direct damage with their special skills attack?

This post provides a number of top 10s, illustrating just who the real hitters are:

5 Likes

You forget Guardian Owl and Justice Costume when 4 ally die and Finley costume when he chain to all enemy.

In the pound-to-pound category, I think you should use “Total per tile cost”.

For example, Goseck will be 801 x 700% x 5 / 12 = 2336.25 Total per tile cost.

Milena will be 784 x 420% x 5 / 12.3 = 1338.5366 Total per tile cost.

In 3* category, could you add Guardian Bat when 4 ally die and Poppy when she chain 4 more times.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll look into this now and update it. Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve looked at it and I don’t think they qualify for the top 10 (for the single target). Eg. Guardian Owl is 280 + 200 for dead enemies is only 480% and only 601 Attack, no. 10 is 520%. However, I will show my contributor this so he can review it.

As for the rest, of course it’s not my formula so it’s only fair to provide the feedback.

The contributor will monitor comments on the blog and respond there as well, if you want to discuss it directly with him.

Thanks for reading and sharing your feedback!

1 Like

I see no.10 is Cobalt at 801 Atk and 360%.

Yes, that’s the total damage output chart. These heroes would only qualify for the single target chart, and on that chart they wouldn’t list in the top 10. Costume Finley is, I suspect, unquantifiable based on the “reduced on each consecutive hit”.

But I have already sent an email to the contributor to get their input.

The total damage chart covers the most damage expelled by a hero. The heroes there inflict vasts amounts of damage to normally 5 enemy heroes. And it’s a count of their total overall damage.

1 Like

Why don’t Guardian Owl and Justice Costume qualify for total damage output chart ? They need other 4 ally die but that is the perfect condition for them. I don’t see why they aren’t qualify for that chart.

1 Like

The whole chart is based on the ‘Total’ column.

If you check it out you’ll see that they can’t match up to the high totals needed to get into that first table (most damage overall).

The only one they could possibly get into is the Single Target. But again, check out the ‘Total’ scores for those heroes and then complete the math with your heroes, and they don’t beat it.

I will get the contributor to review this and give his feedback, but that what’s happening here according to my maths.

1 Like

I think there may be a confusion with “dead ally” vs “dead enemy” as a condition for increased damage.

Sumle deals increased damage when enemies are dead, so he´d qualify for single damage hit with a high damage to that target, because his last enemy alive damage is much higher than 20% of total damage.

The owl does also damage to all, but more if the allies are dead, so if he´s the last one alive while all 5 enemies are alive he´ll do max damage, his single target damage is not higher than 20% of the total.

1 Like

Guardian Owl is 601 x 480% x 5 = 14424 Total

Cobalt is 601 x 480% x 5 = 14418 Total

Guardian Owl should take Cobalt spot. But

Justice Costume is 706 x 440% x 5 = 15532 Total.

So, Justice Costume should take No.9, Ruby will take No.10 and push both Guardian Owl (No.11) and Cobalt (No.12) out of chart.

And does Ursena qualify for that chart when all enemy are yellow ?

It is believed that Ursena do x1.4 damage against yellow.

Ursena have 760 Atk. CB Ursena will have 760 x 103% = 782 Atk.

782 x 260% x 5 x 1.4 = 14232.4 Total

Look like she will take No.13 after Cobalt :sweat_smile:.

Also Peridot (Atk 815, 320%, 815 x 320% x 5 = 13040) should take No.7 spot (above Lu Bu) in the Minimum Potential chart.

And Guardian Kong costume (Atk 832, 300%, 832 x 300% x 5 = 12480) should take No.9 (below Lu Bu, above Congalach) spot in that chart.

And what about Zekena for most damage to single target. His second damage is 450% but deals extra damage if the target is Dark. Does he qualify in that chart ?

If we assume that, the extra damage is x1.4, Zekena will be 801 x 450% x 1.4 = 5046.3 Total. That will be No.2 after Goseck.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve double checked and think you’re right on all but Justice.

I’m gonna update the post to reflect that. I appreciate the persistence on your part. I’m sure there’s more updates to come but you have added to the knowledge base otherwise shared in this post.

Thank you!

2 Likes

In fact, I actually want to do something like this as well but I am too lazy :sweat_smile:.

I actually have my own all heroes database in excel that can calculate the “total” on single target.

Here is how it look like

But I stop update it for almost years now. SG roll out too many 5*. I don’t have any of them and I am lazy :sweat_smile:.

After that, I add only what I have :smile:.

1 Like

Hahahaha… I knew you had something but didn’t want to say!

I was also going to point out the amount of work involved! Hahaha.

Well, together we have a decent take on the top hitters!

3 Likes

:smile:

And yes. I understand you why the update is nightmare :joy:

It is also another reason why I stop :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Hello @u2371 (linking in @OldCynic also).
You are right that I have not factored in Guardian Owl and Justice Costume. I have written in my notes that they have additional damage, but have not factored it in.
There are a couple of these different heroes that have different potential damage output where I have simply made a choice. For those two the choice was made because, yes, it increases their damage output, but it is a far from optimal situation (that all your other heroes are dead). A hail mary certainly, but not a viable strategy.

Agree that I maybe should have included that.
I have also not included “maybe’s” that are less than 50%, so Misandra’s and Poppy’s extra shot. Just noted them in my comments as a reminder.
Also, I have not included for instance Griffin and Poppy’s 30% extra damage on their first special. Again, simply needing to make a choice and this makes it easier to compare, as the notes says (and I know) that the first hit will be a little bit harder.

The extra damage on specific colours is interesting. I have also only noted that, but I should in fairness maybe have calculated that in 90% of situations, you will meet rainbow and one of the other enemies will get additional damage. I must admit that I did not know what the extra damage was. If this is proven to be 40% bonus I will consider factoring it in, but with Zekena, that is usually 25% chance that you hit a dark (provided a rainbow defence, all alive, and that you choose a different enemy for first hit)

For Zekena, his damage would actually be 7449 if there is only one enemy alive, as the first hit would also hit the same enemy. But then we would include all of Mr. Pengi’s hits and all of Congalachs hits, so for comparison it is better (in my opinion) to work with all enemies being alive.

Peridot is already in the chart.

Anyway, many good points here.
In the end I just had to make some choices to make the chart applicable. This is ALL MY FAULT and Old Cynic should be blamed for nothing more than his cynical view on the world and great humour.

Thank you for your comments, especially the 40% extra for colour was new and interesting to me!

3 Likes

@OldCynic Could you add No. column at the front ? It will be easier for reader to see rank of each hero. (And you can add something else too :sweat_smile: for fun :rofl:)

Since the chart is for fun. I have some idea. I think you should add Guardian Owl (No.11) and Cobalt (No.12). It will be fun to see that Guardian Owl beat Cobalt by just 0.04% :rofl:

And is it ok to add Kalo and Lord loki at the top and The Hatter ? They can go crazy when the condition is “very” perfect :rofl:.

Kalo

In perfect condition, Kalo at 1 hp left with x4 dead ally Goseck will do 626 x ( 70% + 4x700% ) x 5 = 89831 Total :rofl:. (Put him there but not count in the rank because he is kind of cheat :sweat_smile: but it will be fun for the reader to see :rofl:.)

Edit : I just have better idea for Kalo.

Team from left to right : Goseck - Goseck - Goseck - Gullinbursti - Kalo

Turn 1 : Fire Kalo with dead ally Gullinbursti
Turn 2 : Wait. x3 ally Goseck die.
Turn 3 : Fire Kalo. He will do 626 x ( (285% + 70%) + 3x(700% + 285%) ) x 5 = 103603 Total :rofl:. Oh, he do it. He break 100k total :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.

Lord Loki

I will assume that the buff which is qualify is any buff that come from his ability not cast by other ally.

Lord Loki with perfect condition will be like this.

• Turn 1: copy Musashi.
  • Turn 2: copy Ranvir.
  • Turn 3: copy Rage from Theobald.
  • Turn 4: copy Gullinbursti.
  • Turn 5: copy Quenell.
  • Turn 6: copy Goseck to hit all.

Pretty complicate :rofl:. So, he will do 774 x ( 15% + 195% + 145% + 285% + 80% + 700% ) x 5 = 54954 :smile:. Not as crazy as Kalo but it will be fun for reader to see :smile:.

About the order of skill that Lord Loki copy, it has to be that and even more complicate.

• Turn 1 : Buff have to last 6 turn or more. The best choice that I can think of is Musashi at +15% Atk.
  • Turn 2 : Buff have to last 5 turn or more. The best choice that I can think of is Ranvir at +195% Atk.
  • Turn 3 : Buff have to last 4 turn or more. The best choice that I can think of is Theobald’s Rage at +145% Atk for max rage.
  • Turn 4 : Buff have to last 3 turn or more. The best choice that I can think of is Gullinbursti at +285% Atk for the maximum.
  • Turn 5 : Buff have to last 2 turn or more. Quenell’s buff is the best choice here. Quenell have to copy last because it will wear off whenever you fire Lord Loki. In this case, Lord Loki will get only +80% from Quenell’s buff.
  • Turn 6 : Most powerful hit all. Copy Goseck with no doubt :slightly_smiling_face:.

Edit : Oh, how does he copy 6 enemy :rofl: ?

Edit (2) : Oh, he can do that through The Hatter :rofl:.

The Hatter

You might not realize how mad The Hatter can go when he get perfect condition :rofl:.

Pretty similar to Lord Loki.

• Turn 1 : Steal buff from Ranvir’s buff (+195%), Theobald’s Rage (+145%), Gullinbursti’s buff(+285%), Quenell buff(+120%) and Glenda buff (+40%).
  • Turn 2 : Wait
  • Turn 3 : Fire his skill. Because Gullinbursti’s buff will wear off in the next turn.

When The Hatter steal any buff that increase over time, it will go back to original when he steal but timer isn’t reset. For example, The Hatter steal Gullinbursti at +285% and 2 turns left. He will get only +45% and 2 turns left. (and enemy Gullinbursti’s buff also do damage since he “kind of” dispell it.)

He can get only +120% from Quenell buff because of the Gullinbursti’s buff wear off limit.

So, he will do 735 x ( 195% + 145% + 285% + 120% + 40% + 400% ) x 2 = 17419.5 Total. He will be between Khufu and Cristobal :smile:.

Edit : Oh, Kalo and Lord Loki just shake hand with The Hatter :rofl:. I will not edit this post any more. Too much for it. But I will create another topic just for “Kalo, Lord Loki, The Hatter”

About Snow White, I think you should use Snow White with costume bonus instead. It isn’t fair for her if you add her without costume bonus. You can also add Snow White without costume bonus but doesn’t count in the rank. So, the reader will know where she is and what is her total ?

And what about Theobald. He place Rage on himself so he can get +145% Atk.

Theobald with +145% Atk will do 774 x ( 405% + 4x260% + 5*145% ) = 16795.8 (At No.6. Below Cristobal, above Milena)

And I forget about the Styx heroes. What about Nyx and Hypnos for Minimum Potential chart ?

Hypnos : 826 x 335% x 5 = 13835.5 (Get No.7)

Nyx : 795 x 335% x 5 = 13316.25 (Get No.8 and push Peridot to No.9)

1 Like

Yes, I know. That is why I ask for them for only “perfect condition” chart :slightly_smiling_face:.

The 30% extra damage on their first special should be add too. As well as, S5 passive that do 70% to all enemy.

It is prove but it is long time ago. Not sure if this will change in some later update or not. However. it can be easily test with Gravemaker.

Yes, I assume that all enemies being alive too. (Since I didn’t see Jabberwock on the chart :smile:).

However, after I think again, this might have to be included. Even all enemies being alive, this can happen when enemy has taunt. There are many times that Congalachs and Alfrike hit taunt Black Knight 5 times in very fast war. Or Black Knight hit by Jabberwock or Zekena in normal raid.

You might have to make another chart :rofl:.

@tobovian I have better idea for the pound-to-pound chart.

It should “Total per tile cost”.

For example, Goseck will be 801 x 700% x 5 / 12 = 2336.25 Total per tile cost.

Milena will be 784 x 420% x 5 / 12.3 = 1338.5366 Total per tile cost.

The reason is simple. Hero A is fast, take 8 tile and do 8200 Total. Hero B is average, take 10 tile and do 10000 Total. With your formula, Hero A will have 9840 Total while Hero B will have 10000 Total. But Hero A is actually more effective since Hero A have 1025 “Total per tile cost” while B have only 1000 “Total per tile cost”.

And you can also put Slayer, Ninja, Magic and Styx heroes to the chart fairly.

I know it gonna cost more work but this is actually very useful since it will show which hero is more effective.

1 Like