Ok I want some serious explanations

I was, 20 characters, joking. :wink:

1 Like

And won, Layla too lol.

1 Like

Here’s an exercise you can do that doesn’t take a huge amount of time, and may provide valuable data for the developers to say either “your algorithm for randomization is broken,” or “I caught you cheating, you cretins, have at ye!” Your choice.

Make a grid with either 5 rows down and 100 columns across, or the other way around - your choice.

Label the five columns or five rows “blue,” “green,” “yellow,” purple,” and “red.” Or any other order you want. Your choice.

For the next 100 matches, examine your starting board before you make any moves. Tally the number of tiles in each color. Record them. Commence play as usual. This will add maybe two minutes to your match experience.

If you win, highlight (or bold) the record (row or column) for that match. If you lose, move on (or if you like, you can do something different to that record, like paint it scarlet for SHAME ON YOU BAD TILES! Or some such, your choice.

Once you get a sample size of 100, bring it here and we can help you analyze it, or you can send a ticket in game with the data to the devs, or you may decide halfway through that the numbers really do not follow a pattern. Here’s the thing: I don’t know. It may be as you say! I accept that, pending confirmation. But unless you record your observations for posterity, we can’t join the uprising and support your outrage. And I live for righteous indignation (heavy emphasis on righteous), so let’s do the thing!
Cheers!

3 Likes

@Brobb linked this above, but I’ll link it again:

Staff’s clear statement that boards are random PLUS a skeptic’s careful,statistically analysis providing strong support for that statement.

4 Likes

Ha ha ha dudnt see her. That’s priceless

1 Like

Mai said this ages ago:

“If you think the Devs are cheating you, why play?”

My experience with boards, be my team rainbow or 4-1, is random enough for me. I have lately been playing 4 purples and Wu (only one sniper), and still winning. Even if the board starts out without a single purple. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got this on the starting board and it didn’t go any better in next few turns, but I managed to win anyway :blush:

Disclaimer: I do believe the boards are random and this indeed is proof of that, even if it doesn’t look like it :wink:

4 Likes

BEEN.
THERE.

I still don’t believe that the starting boards are totally random. However, if they are, then SG’s RNG is too streaky to be totally random, and as one person on the forum once said, that’s a sure sign of a bad RNG. Is it so bad that it will keep me from playing? Nah, patience, addiction to this game, pride, greed, and a whole bunch of other deadly sins have eroded my righteous anger into a tepid pool of acceptance.

Just enjoy the game. Or don’t.

Streakiness is a symptom of true randomness. If supposedly ‘random’ number generation does not generate regular streaks, then it’s probably not really random.

3 Likes

I guest

1. Titan code
    Titancolor =checkcolor(titanindex)
    New tileodd =0
    For heroindex= 1 to 5
    if checkcolor(heroindex)= titancolor
    TileOdd++
    Switch(tileodd)
    Case:5
    Tileodd = 10/35
    Case 4:
    Tileodd = 14./35

Do you know that in that Board of yours, you have two distinctive tile moves of which either one will trigger a combo using 26% of the tiles in that board?

Note: I did not count the results from the new tiles … because it is random.

1 Like

Yea, I probably had swapped green and purple tile at 3.2 (left top) and it triggered a cascade, but I’m not sure anymore. What I do remember Delilah summoned minions twice, Alby fired his special once, GM probably three times, Thoth twice and Zel 2 or 3 times.

A true Puzzle Master grabs Random by it’s Streaky Spine and cuts it’s ugly head off with the Sword of Many Grabs.

A true Puzzle Master uses the Shield of Many Dropped Tiles to deflect the Evil Attack of Bad Luck that Random may fire at them.

Entropy. In the end it’s all entropy. Solve the puzzle by unleashing maximum entropy and you will find yourself in the fortunate position of being able to kid yourself you just had some great luck.

What if I told you, that you might be able to blame more of your losses on yourself than on the board, than you think?

2 Likes

I hate the dratted Monkey! Fed everyone l drew until l joined an Alliance that fights 11 & up Titans. So l have him, still hate him, leave him in his cage as often as l can.

This game is designed to progress at the speed of life. Take a breath.

I suggest you download a screen recorder and record every Raid and Titan battle. I did this and learned an amazing truth. People don’t remember the good boards; they remember the bad ones.

7 Likes

Absolutely! Great bit of game wisdom

1 Like

In the words of Darth Vader (Dutch for father?) “Noooooooo”

Also @Bertus, I’d love to see your wit and wisdom here, if you’re able:

🎂 It's Staff Appreciation Day aka 'Petri Day'! - #39 by ChoppedLiver

1 Like

The hero pull is totally random. I’ve been playing less than 6 months and I’ve received 2 Wu Kong and Li Xiu from a level 15 training camp. I’ve spent less than $20 the entire time. Quit complaining or just quit

1 Like

Would you please be so nice to dispense your unfounded accusations somewhere else.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Sorry, “no transparency” is not an accusation, it’s a fact. Look up the meaning of the word. (Or, show me the detailed explanation of how damage is done by the defensive team in raids).

There are NUMEROUS issues with this game! Quality questions/suggestions raised several times by decent players. Virtually all of them have fallen on deaf ears. Making money is one thing. Ignoring the people who write your paycheck is another.

Also, all your responses to posts seem to be very Pollyanna. You’re either being paid by SG or you’re related to someone in the company…or you choose to 100% ignore intelligent comments and logic.

Hugs

What does this mean?

1 Like