Ok I want some serious explanations

Hey. Sorry you’re so frustrated at the moment.

I must say that my experience is entirely to the contrary. I haven’t paid a penny and have a growing bench of useful 4* and the materials for all of them.

I wouldn’t have been able to level 5* yet, but now I have materials for them. I expect my Training Camp to produce one in the next few months, in line with the probability. Maybe it won’t.

I win my raids by picking my teams carefully.

I colour stack every raid and every titan and never notice any bias. I sometimes lament not having my strong colour in spades down the middle of the board, but that’s because I’m looking for it.

As for your quote on Wu, was this simply for emphasis or do you actually think that you are targeted? I got Wu from a training camp; he is in deed very useful for titans, but not so good for raids/wars or farming.

I think we might need to define your definition of random vs other people’s definition of random. I assume that when you think of random you think that there will be an average of 7 tiles of each color on the 35 tile board? My definition of random is there can be any number of tiles of any color as long as there is not an instant match when you first start the game.

For the mono-color teams, I like to call them 5tack, you are basically gambling on there being that color. It’s more about clearing tiles and only setting off the enemy heroes that you can handle. I would say I raid a lot with 5tack between raid chests when I get board or if I want to fill a chest fast since it’s either you win or lose in the first minute or so of play. That being said I usually go four max 4* and a 3/60 or a 5*, three 4*, and a 3/60 I would say I win 5/6 raids so it is doable.

1 Like

If it is any consolation:

• It took me over a year to get Wu (I think from TC20)
  • Wu increases my score on Titans sometimes, by maybe 10-15k
  • Wu also misses, sometimes spectacularly. I have had a Titan score below 4k with Wu, so he’s not a golden guarantee of greatness

Just sayin’…

7 Likes

The “reality” of it.

Sometimes you will run a monochrome team and 12 tiles will be in your color with an obvious diamond match out the gate. I regularly beat 3800+ teams with a 2900 monochrome purple team.

1 Like

That’s fun. I will put it in the Fictionary.

6 Likes

Hello!

You had me at Hello. False mechanics? Let’s get married!

Wasn’t this about false mechanics?!

Wouldn’t those OP heroes still need the corresponding tiles to charge…?

So, logic would also dictate that if there’s no public knowledge of a handicap, there’s no handicap, right? Oh, logic doesn’t work that way? Well, at least we have an official statement about boards being random, because people repeatedly believing it not being so. And no, you cannot use those people as an evidence.

Well, if there’s both an official statement and no actual proof of boards not being random, saying boards are random can’t really be said being writing anything off, because there’s nothing to write off… You see the logical fallacy here? No? Ok.

At last! Now you get it!

Yes! And that’s one way to get really great scores! You should try it!

[…]

Well, that actually doesn’t seem random, but that not being the case, it’s probably random. Or not true.

Yes, sounds legit.

Never noticed you changed subject! Lol! Well, let’s continue then!

Didn’t you say it was false mechanics ruining the game, and now it’s a word? Here are two more words ruining the game: confirmation bias.

But if it isn’t, it would not be documented, so… Didn’t we already cover this?!

Well, if it’s really this bad for you, a sound strategy for you would be to stop color stacking.

I’m pretty sure we covered this too…?

Kind regards, Ornery

PS But seriously: someone having your (low) amount of luck in an RNG based game mechanics can be said to – and you’re not going to like this – suffering from things being random. But if you’re truly as cursed as you believe you are, my guess is that you’re also not doing the best with what you have. If you want some real advice, post your heroes, your goals and your problem, and people will help you. I’m not joking.

6 Likes

Im sure it is random, but there are plenty of times when I have no red hero and all I see is red tiles, but I think there is some human interaction that causes this as well. If you don’t make mataches for those tiles, they will build up.

4 Likes

Awesome way to pick apart my comments. Anywho. Random is not random if I run a rainbow team and get balanced tiles then run a 5 x team and get NO tiles that color almost the entire round. And yes I do a fair amount of tile clearing with tiles that do no damage trying to get said color tiles. I have ran rainbow almost my entire time playing but I have noticed when I run anything more than 1 being 2 3 4 or 5 I get less tiles of said element then running just 1 of the same element. That is NOT random

My old phone had some screenshots of perfect starting boards with monochrome teams. Hold on…

No board screenshots but the results are the same.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can be an ■■■… :wink:

Ok, I’ll start from the end. I, and many others, don’t share your experience/perception. How does this fact fit into your theory?

Of course you’ll see more ‘balanced’ tiles/boards when going rainbow; every tile/color is usable. But here I want to just point out that random is NOT the same as balanced (and maybe you’re not saying this, but many seem to think this). If I was to regularly see balanced boards, I’d suspect something being fishy.

… But back to the rainbow topic. When you run rainbow, you have no real reason to focus on or take note of colors ‘missing’, as you’ll just go with another color and combination. As soon as you begin to stack colors, not only will you get punished by missing colors, you’ll also focusing on and take note of them. I’m not really addressing the obvious subject of RNG here, but the subject of perception and perception bias.

I’m sorry to say this, but you having noticed this doesn’t really say anything more than you having taken notice of something. Taking notice is not an objective form of registering. Our perception is not our friend in situations like this. That’s just a fact.

There’s of course a chance you’re truly unlucky. Most likely not, but maybe. But as not everybody shares your view (I’m pretty much always running variations of a 2-2-1 raid team (and doing good)), you either have to conclude that you’re wrong or that there’s also some form of individual handicap system not trying to even the odds, but wrecking some players while boosting other.

5 Likes

You took Renfeld to a Joon fight!

Wu Kong is terrible raid defense, too easy to counter.

I was, 20 characters, joking. :wink:

1 Like

And won, Layla too lol.

1 Like

Here’s an exercise you can do that doesn’t take a huge amount of time, and may provide valuable data for the developers to say either “your algorithm for randomization is broken,” or “I caught you cheating, you cretins, have at ye!” Your choice.

Make a grid with either 5 rows down and 100 columns across, or the other way around - your choice.

Label the five columns or five rows “blue,” “green,” “yellow,” purple,” and “red.” Or any other order you want. Your choice.

For the next 100 matches, examine your starting board before you make any moves. Tally the number of tiles in each color. Record them. Commence play as usual. This will add maybe two minutes to your match experience.

If you win, highlight (or bold) the record (row or column) for that match. If you lose, move on (or if you like, you can do something different to that record, like paint it scarlet for SHAME ON YOU BAD TILES! Or some such, your choice.

Once you get a sample size of 100, bring it here and we can help you analyze it, or you can send a ticket in game with the data to the devs, or you may decide halfway through that the numbers really do not follow a pattern. Here’s the thing: I don’t know. It may be as you say! I accept that, pending confirmation. But unless you record your observations for posterity, we can’t join the uprising and support your outrage. And I live for righteous indignation (heavy emphasis on righteous), so let’s do the thing!
Cheers!

3 Likes

@Brobb linked this above, but I’ll link it again:

Staff’s clear statement that boards are random PLUS a skeptic’s careful,statistically analysis providing strong support for that statement.

4 Likes

Ha ha ha dudnt see her. That’s priceless

1 Like

Mai said this ages ago:

“If you think the Devs are cheating you, why play?”

My experience with boards, be my team rainbow or 4-1, is random enough for me. I have lately been playing 4 purples and Wu (only one sniper), and still winning. Even if the board starts out without a single purple. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got this on the starting board and it didn’t go any better in next few turns, but I managed to win anyway :blush:

Disclaimer: I do believe the boards are random and this indeed is proof of that, even if it doesn’t look like it :wink:

4 Likes