Oh my God, Mok Arr does damage to friends?

Man I pulled Albie today, which should be a HOLY CRAP THATS AWESOME moment but instead I just am bummed because I feel like I’m the only person on the planet who wanted Mok-Arr and there’s no way to trade for him :frowning: man I would straight up make that swap :frowning:

4 Likes

I got Mok-Arr and Khiona & don’t know who to go with!!! 5 tabards :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

@markpessan,
Your card translation is wrong. It’s supposed to be “todos os amigos/aliados”. See how it is on the original:

@Kerridoc,
Will his special then have any effects on your own team heroes with active Counter Attack (Boril) or Accuracy (Justice)?

Isn’t a “damage received” to Boril (and nearby) and should be countered back to Mok?

What do you think?

2 Likes

If you look at the video, you’ll also see Misandra in the team setup. All 3 are from the Lagoon family, thus giving an additional +9% attack on top of Boldtusk’s +48% iirc (unfortunately don’t have him yet :disappointed_relieved: )

When you play Atlantis heroes, don’t forget their family bonus;)

Throw in a -defense hero like Tibs (do they stack), and watch your scores against a yellow titan shoot through the roof.

Glad to have pulled both Wilbur and Mok-Arr, but urrrghh… The levelling… :persevere:

Need to work on Sartana first though for fast attack…

1 Like

…and if Wilbur is also active, do we get an endless loop? I don’t know how they coded that—not something I tested or saw the results of in beta.

2 Likes

I feel like the -def to enemies fits the Ice line better (see Isarnia, Grimm)

That would make him the same as Richard, we need something different.

My bad! I thought Richard was -attack :flushed:

Richard is -attack. Please can have -def for Thorne… :+1:t3::grin:

Thorne as the 5* version of Grimm? There’s a name for that: Athena.

2 Likes

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Athena is HoTM? I have no idea because I’ve never seen her in any of the summons portals. I know she exists because she’s on Anchor’s Big List of Heroes, but I also suspect she’s way out of reach for me at present.

However, I found her stats on the Internetz, and it looks like she gives additional damage against fire, and also has a stacking component to her special, which would continue to keep her… special, even if Thorne got a little love. That’s all… just a little… just to make the big lug worth leveling… :grin:

Yes, Athena was the second HotM after Hel. I was hoping we’d see her in the Atlantis portal this month. Hopefully next month.

She does not have any particular fire bonus, other than the usual ice vs fire. But the defense debuff does increase with more attacks, which is great.

Thorne needs love, but I doubt it will be a major rewrite of his special. SGG tweaks by adjusting numbers, not changes in the special itself.

1 Like

Of course Athena has additional fire bonus - more than the standard tile boost - it applies also to her special!

Sorry, you’re right.

Would it be a “major rewrite?” I would think increasing his +attack or speed would potentially be more unbalancing.

So far SGG has never altered a released hero other than tweaking numbers. Just saying.

1 Like

My hopes are dashed :confused: but thank you for the benefit of your experience, and the gentleness with which you dashed them. :smile:

2 Likes

Use him on holy titan full purple teams only I guess? Lmao. Im glad I dont have any friends like this

His stats arent even breathtaking enough to justify this effect. I was pretty afraid of trying for Tarlak or Al because i was afraid of getting him instead.

Also sharks with arms are still scary and creepy looking. It doesnt matter if their province enemies or team allies. Nothing desirable about this legendary to me

1 Like

See the thread above. He can be highly effective but he is a specialized tool.

Yes. The problem is I don’t have the flanks to support him as tank - okay, I haven’t got any “good” 5^. I have Obakan (at 3.70, stuck for tabards, which I keep hearing is a blessing in disguise, even though I like the big guy) and I got Drake Fong 3 days after I pulled Wu Kong, so he’s been waiting for me to finish up WK, but really DF seems to have more utility on a stacking holy team than flanking a rainbow.

That’s it for my 5*.

As Thorne stands, Grimm seems stronger, if not as hefty… but that’s why my Kiril is maxed. Other than a color team, or with outstanding flanks, I’m not sure where Thorne fits.

I’ll use him anyway, just like I’ve learned how to use Obakan, and since my luck for 5* is not very good, he’ll get leveled, because that will guarantee I get an amazing blue 5* when he’s at 4.1 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like