šŸ•µ Octros ā€“ S4 Hero ā€“ 5* Fire / Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

what are you disappointed about? you get him with free coins. if i were you. Iā€™m still happy to get him with 3 free coins. i think i will be disappointed if i get s1 hero from free coins.

3 Likes

I think Octros is a pretty good defensive hero. Octros may or may not hit as hard like Killhare but Octros does not have negative effect on allies. Since majority of players are currently using purple tanks; Octros being a fire element hero is a plus in rainbow teams such as Morel, Frigg, Bera, Odin and Octros. Mr Spockā€™s video provides a good insight of what Octros is capable of but every board and battle is different; so you should watch these videos to get a feel of what the hero does and try to see where the hero fits in your play style. There are many heroes that many felt were underwhelming that were fun and awesome in their own way. Overall, I think Octros is a good hero that people should be happy with if they manage to summon it.

Seems like people are not happy about anything. Obviously you have no idea how lucky you are. Wish I had even 1 hero as awesome as this one from S3 or S4. Insane.

1 Like

Does Octrosā€™s artwork (and title) base on Sonyaā€™s ? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Not disappointed about getting him but I had originally thought he was a premium hero since most of season 4 5*s are very strong. Instead it looks like I got a " b" hero. Which granted is good for free but in truth Iā€™ve spent a few hundred dollars and gotten nothing befor( spread out in 15months) so I look at it like maybe my luck and dollars are starting to catch up and level out

Iā€™ve been playing for a year and 1/2! How long have you been playing? And Iā€™ve did hundreds of pulls and eventually your bound to get something! My disappointment wasnā€™t I pulled him cause that was very lucky but my disappointment was thinking I had pulled a premium hero when in fact heā€™s just a decent hero. But I do get the fact I got him for free but Iā€™ve spent a few hundred dollars and most of the time got nothing to show for it so Iā€™d like to think luck and money spent are starting to balance out

Since Janā€™19 but that doesnt matter. Ofc the amount of summons only counts. If you have only spend a couple of hundred thats around 400 pulls depending on your spending habits is not that much. You should not pull if you donā€™t like featured heroes.

I would be excited to get Octros. To me he looks like a stone cold killer. Excellent in everything but standard play mono teams. Fighter class, awesome in defense, tons of damage, attack down, high stats. Damn you name it. Who said he is B? They know nothing. You will see him excel in top teams.

Look at Russell and you will rejoice.

2 Likes

I think Octros is better than a B; level Octros to 3.70 and play around with it in different teams and see if he fits your playing style. I have Myztero that many people think is terrible but I still use him quite often. Even heroes like Alfrike were considered terrible because of her very slow speed but I maxed her immediately (prior to very fast war and tournaments) because I think sheā€™s really awesome even at very slow speed.Therefore, I think itā€™s best to play with the hero first and then decide whether or not the hero is a fit for you at the moment. Also, your roster will change and improve later on so heroes that arenā€™t good for you now doesnā€™t mean they wonā€™t be good for you later on when you obtain more heroes in future summons.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight and different thoughts. You really have a unique thought process and I really appreciate your comment!!!

1 Like

Compared to Finley, cobalt,prof lindenbrach, Morel, killhare,alfrike I just feel he is not in that league! Iā€™ve spent 6 or 7 hundred in a year &1/2 plus Iā€™ve completed both atlantis modes and Valhalla. I did over 200 pulls last month alone trying for alexadrine but got odin instead. Odin, Freya and c.marjanna are my top pulls to date and loki. Maybe Iā€™m being too harsh on octros but weā€™ll see. I do plan to level and max him to pair with odin since it forces that attacker to try to remove two different tiles but at 340% damage I expected more damage output since killhare is at 300% and Morel is 180% It just seems like he should do more damage than killhare or Morel but he isnā€™t! And nitty lion roar graded him at a b+ (but I didnā€™t see this review until after I posted.) But it was my thought as well. Not quite as good as odin or frigg being defense down and manna regeneration are better than -24% attack

2 Likes

Congrats, Octros is a damn good hero. Faced a fully emblemed fellow & he destroyed his own team when copied by my LoLo with Gazelleā€™s buff being active.
One of the hit was 1000+HP while others were close to that.

Being a fighter, he revived 3 times.

His stats make him good for both defence & offence.

I feel FriGGā€™s combo with Octros will be better than OdiN, as these days good troops reduce the charging time aspect (average v/s fast) & game in itā€™s 5th year = good troops all around.

2 Likes

I think your right friggs defense down before octros damage could really stack up. Sadly I donā€™t have frigg so odin it will have to be for now. Thanks for your comment

Correct this version of Morel in the table was :man_facepalming: in beta. Ofc super OP.

You are welcome!

Just remembered, there were 6 red tiles on the boardā€¦ so if full 8 had been there, the buffed hit would have been higherā€¦ damn, the fellow hits hard & there is no downside like post Killhare hit !

Pairing with OdiN has its own benefits, so all cool.

I feel, FriGG, OdiN & now Octros in a single defence will keep the whole play on the toes ā€¦ which tiles to reduce ā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

That Octros was emblemed to lvl 18. Last node of the Fighter class is Attack. Maybe after maxed, he could break the 600 damage barrier more consistently, which is impressive for an average hero, to be honest.

If blue tanks were a thing outside of Krampus, Octros could be a great flank, along with Elizabeth.

2 Likes

Maybe, itā€™s still to early to really tell what heā€™ll be like. As time goes on weā€™ll see the synergies and potential octros has. For now itā€™s all just speculation and guessing but I agree 600 is really good for average speed. I do think they should of scaled his attack down per shield like frigg and odin!

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a bloody demon reading this forum and taking revenge on my account. Of course I got Octros this morning for the cheap offer pulls. Now I have to start caring about how this guy unfolds, though lack of fighter emblems and no Frigg or Odin to synergise with him makes me keep him on 1/1 for time being, even though I have a dozen of rings idle.

3 Likes

1 Like