October 2020 Balance Update - Discussion

Regardless of the buffs/nerfs, the far bigger change is to emblems. They were the real blocker to many changing out their defense team. Still not trivial, but much more achievable now.

They did miss one source. AL needs the emblems doubled or it’s not worth it anymore.

Edit: and they have now. Small victories.

19 Likes

Yep. Exactly same thing here. I think FTP / CTP players* are the most affected by those nerfs. The ones who invest a lot have options to replace Vela / Telly while the C2P / FTP are stuck within the TC20 & HA10 (in case 1. They have it maxed and 2. The building returns anything else than TC20 duplicates).

Anyway, thank you for the emblems. :scream::heart_eyes:

14 Likes

This is simply rediculous.

15 Likes

definitely good changes overall! especially the emblems part! hoping for more on it!

most of the buffs are small but definitely welcome!

was hoping we see more buffs like what Aegir and kong got to other heros.

telluria will still be good, i would personally prefer making her slow and revert the pervoius nerfs at this point. she is pretty useless on attack especially

vela nerf wasn’t needed to be honest but it won’t make difference for me. we just need more blues to compete with her

5 Likes

Ok, Telly its finally nerfed. But why buffing season 3 heroes which were already stronger than all other heroes. This way you kind of nerf season 2 heroes and seasonaand events and you make pointless season 1 costumes. Now costumes are as useless as the basic version of the s1 heroes compared to the 1st version of 3rd season heroes.

28 Likes

Baldur’s damage should be 210% and he should give resistance to ALL negative mana effects, Nerfing Tell and Vela again is a joke, they’re fine the way they are, and there are so many other heroes that need a buff, Leonidas should be fast and his direct should be increased, Sargasso’s heal decrease should be for 3 turns and undispellable and should have a DoT etc. SG PLEASE DONT NERF TELLURIA AND VELA AGAIN

19 Likes

I’ve already stopped spending as my pulls have been lacking 5* heroes except the ones they nerf. Each time they nerf Vela i hate this game a little more. I used to be excited about playing this game and trying for 5* now it feels like a job.

29 Likes

Instead of nerfing Telluria’s abilites, just nerf her defense score. It’s not her abilites against yours or other heros that was the problem, she is just too hard to kill.

Vela was nerfed enough already. Should have left her alone.

25 Likes

Regarding Telluria, we went from Legos to Duplo. Now from Duplo to pickup sticks. I enjoy the challenge of Tell tanks in war. For raids, she’s mostly meh. Asta e…

8 Likes

I’ll wait until Wednesday to see what the changes look like, but honestly? Changing a hero (two actually) for the third time within a few months? My dad would have fired the guy who caused that chaos.

68 Likes

This is becoming hilarious… really, SG… WTF are you thinking?! Emblems became candy, one dime a dozen… Vela regressed from joke to sad… what’s next? 25% chance to get 5* heroes? You’re planing on pulling the plug, or what?

12 Likes

Tell and Vela are fine the way they are, the defensive meta was so underpowered before they came out…

8 Likes

It been ridiculous! Getting??? We can’t get a new in game chat because they’ve spent 8 MONTHS NERFING VELA AND TELLI!!!

17 Likes

This is getting RIDICULOUS.
SG explains it with up to 3/4 teams in the top 100 got a Tellytubby tank - but how many of those again got a Vela flank?
How often must they nerf a hero? Until it becomes obsolete? Do I have to make Tellytubby have a tier talent at 20 for her to be of any use anymore? SG is simply taking a pi** on everyone who’s got her.

And what SG also fails to understand is that the defense teams don’t just switch over in the first week after they’ve nerfed a hero either. Those teams are there because they’ve got maxed troops, and maxed with emblems too. It’ll take time until we either see brand new heroes as tanks, or old heroes back on top again.
I use C.BT, Wilbur, GF, JF/Marjana and Proteus as an attack team against Telly and it takes +/- 6 red tiles to take her out and then the rest is easy peasy lemon squeeze.

Go nerf yourself SG

46 Likes

WHERE IS THE NERF TO GM and FINLEY?
Stop calling favorites SG, its not nice. You either balance the game or stop pretending to do so.
Another nerf to Vela? so following the obscene nerf from last patch u gave her the attack down vs all not just red… and now you are taking that too? Why not just make her a 3* hero if u are at it.
The Telluria nerf is welcomed but its NOT what it should be. Take all her dmg and buff her heal and status effects. Let her be a TANK not this meme dmg dealer combo wombo.
A buff to Alfrike? are you INSANE?

43 Likes

Better than waiting a month for one emblem node

1 Like

This is why :wink:
20 quotes

15 Likes

I seriously have never seen such a big eff up, like SGG did with Telluria and Vela in any other game I play - and I play a lot of them. This is their…3rd nerf? Not counting beta? Unbelievable.

I don’t really care - I think they’re still the top duo on defense and Telluria still the top tank.

What worries me is the sudden emblem flooding - less food / iron required and DOUBLE drops? From my POV this means a new power creep mechanic is coming in. Either new troops or dual classes or you can level up TWO talent trees.

In 2-3 months everyone will have a full +20 defense and what then SGG?

6 Likes

Happy to see SG is listening to feedback and finally decreases the ham and iron cost for embleming heroes as well as giving a certain amount of resources back when stripping emblems.

About the Telly nerf, I am afraid it is a little too much… 90% is really low and a massive decrease on HoT. But then: I also was afraid it was too much last time. And it wasn’t. So let’s see how it will turn out in practice…

Wondering though if finally listening to feedback that has been given for a pretty long time now may only be caused by a high amount of long time players quitting the game…

SG, as you are already listening, please finally decrease the pop up ads… They are annoying and rather make me not wanting to spend money!

18 Likes

Once again I’m not happy. Why gut Vela? She already lost her mojo in last nerf, and it’s going to take eons to transfer those emblems to somebody else.

And Telluria, same goes with her. I felt they both were all right after last nerf, and I enjoyed my raids again. This feels unnecessary.

25 Likes