October 2020 Balance Update - Discussion

hands off… leave telly and vela the way they are… all those $&%$%$% player should stop nagging about telly and vela and start learning to fight them with the heroes they have, pffff

SG is ruining the game as we speak. You guys call this a balance? what a joke…

Make Noor better, that would be a good start…

6 Likes

A bit disappointed the balance team went further in this direction instead of simply addressing the overwhelming base stats of Telluria.

On the bright side, it seems the balance team is actually monitoring raid/war stats, so perhaps necessary changes will be done more frequently.

4 Likes

This is the key question… how the hell are you hoping to have room for all that ham and iron

2 Likes

Very simple solution to all this people need to stop spending money on the game.
I stopped after they nerfed telli for the first time
There are much stronger and harder heroes out there, it’s a joke and an insult to people who have paid their money.

3 Likes

IMO S&G have completely bi-passed the loyalty of the consumer. Instead of offering a blanket gift to all players in the game(Which I’m sure they’re thoroughly enjoying) create an incentive for current Telly/Vela owners? Yes I have both. Offer multiple reasons for current owners to either turn in the players or have a reduced tier Vela or Telly. Some players would turn them in for adequate compensation. Some would take partial adequate compensation for taking a less aggressive route. Ie: max the emblem tier at 10? And some might choose to take zero Comp and just leave them alone without completely destroying their hero’s with no sense of control. It should help balance the game and create more diversity at tank? Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Telluria & Vela Adjustments

Telluria and Vela are still, once again based both on our metrics and player feedback, too powerful when compared to the other top tier heroes. Despite the previous balancing passes, their use rate on Diamond Tier raids is much higher than what it should be. We believe that even the best heroes should not be present in the notable majority of defense or attack formations – and Telluria is, at worst, present in three out of four defense formations!

To address the issue we’re making further adjustments to the Special Skills of Telluria and Vela. These changes are necessary for the game balance and if they are not effective enough, we will continue doing similar changes in the future too.

Dear @Petri

The reason people use Telluria and Vela so much in defense is not because each hero is so incredibly over strong.

The reason, is because it takes way too long, and way too many resources, and possibly also way too much money in order to MAKE CHANGES to a defensive set up.

You’ve ruined the game with emblems.

Emblems are why things are stagnant.

The problem is not any one or two individual heroes.

Please start to understand this!!!

7 Likes

So they continue to nerf Tell and Vela and buff all of the Valhalla heroes which are are available for pulls soon… So obviously about raising more £ rather than fixing issues. Utter BS more determined to be f2p than ever

3 Likes

Why are you guys hitting Vela again? You hit her last time and left Telly alone… hit Telly and leave Vela as is. C’mon, it should be pretty clear that the issue is mainly with Telleria… I mean are you guys really going to put a moritorium on blue heroes having extra damage against red and meaty attack down just so that you can avoid putting a meaningful nerf on Telly? You could at least up her attack or something so she doesn’t lose any value as the attacker.

To be fair I think this is a good nerf on Telly since it addresses the difficulty fighting her if she fires. I’m still unsure if it’ll be enough… but if it isn’t I’m sure you find some way of making Vela less useful while continuing to do nothing substantive to Telly. :roll_eyes:

Give me 6 scopes, 6 tonics, and an apology where SG admits they have no idea what they’re doing, and we’ll call it even. Total sh*t-show here guys. Be proud of yourselves. You’ve made it where you can never introduce a game changing hero through HotM again. Awesome job.

5 Likes

I see that the players who spend lots of bucks did ruin the game for the rest of us. There has never been truly need to use GTV setup on raid defenses. You can get the diamond chest open even with less powerful defending team. The wars are different thing then… I see that my PVE playing with Telluria did take a step for the worse. I don’t have Vela or GM.

I don’t see any need to buff emblem economy. I still have loads of emblems unused because of crafting battle items for titan kills and ascending heroes.

I don’t understand the summon rate changes, need more details.

I wish I would have even one S3 5* hero… The game just got harder for me, but did make quitting decision easier.

I suggest reading the other part of the release notes too… they actually addressed the emblems with this very update lol.

Sorry to everyone who doesn’t have good alternatives. Hate that SG is rear-ending you after taking your money.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure thats small giants/ Zynga’s plan spend money on season 3 heroes now then when they roll out new heroes let’s nerf S3 and upgrade new heroes so people spend more money never have I heard of an undefeated defense so why are they nerfing the same heroes 4 times yet they leave G.M. alone and yes I have him I would’ve respected the developers more if the nerfed him

2 Likes

Thanks for listening to feedback and being willing to continually change/evolve the game as needed. I’ve gotten pretty good at beating Telluria/Vela combos, but that’s all that 80% of my raids are… just use my same mono-red team for all my raid attacks. This will make me be more dynamic in attacks. (Also, I should mention that I don’t have Tell/Vela, myself, but hover around 2600 cups normally)

1 Like

:rofl:

SG is making a big joke of themselves by nerfing them again and again and again.
Vela is already nerfed to death and is no option for emblems any longer. Yes I am sick of seeing every war the same tank, every raid the same tank but this is handled like in kindergarten.
S3 hero’s are buffed? But why?
Beats the crap out me but I don’t see why they need a nerf.
Maybe start listening to feedback from beta and take some more time to get feedback… Really makes me think of finally stop playing this charade.

3 Likes

What? This garbage?

Reset Emblem Improvement

Reset Emblems will be updated to refund 20% of the Food and Iron costs in addition to the Emblems. The refund is calculated using the new Iron & Food costs.

Yeah, I read that.

It’s not even close to the mark in terms of what’s required.

Emblems came out in early 2019. It’s October 2020.
It takes 1500 emblems to max out a 5*.
I play like a madman, hours per day, every day. I place in events and I win rewards including emblems. I complete every single challenge that rewards emblems.

It’s still taken me 20 months to get 1500 emblems to max out a single 5* on a single class.

So to ask me to swap heroes in and out of a line up. When it takes over a year to get enough emblems, how are people supposed to realistically try a variety of heroes out, and change up the synergies on their defense teams (often requiring 3, 4, or even all 5 of the heroes to be changed, adjusting the classes and the colours of heroes used…)?

Emblems wrecked the game. They take way too long to get, and cost way too much to apply in terms of food and iron. Reset tokens don’t solve the problem, and 20% refund of food and health doesn’t cut it either.

You’ve basically got a few chances to make a 5* into a 6*, and to swap them out after you’ve started down a path is way too expensive in both time and money to try to make a shift.

The stagnation is because of how emblems work in this game. It isn’t because of individual heroes being out of whack with their power.

5 Likes

SG, you are nothing but money sucking parasites! Your thinking is so obvious! Hope that many players will stop paying you or even better stop playing this crap for good! Compare Zeline and Vela then you can talk about hero balance! Your balance means “we need to suck more money”.

7 Likes

Only 76 of the top 100 are Telluria this morning. Must be a lite day

1 Like

My friend, there are players that the best heroes they have are Vela and telluria, for them these nerfs are not fair. Can you understand how they feel? I don’t care at all about them (tel and vela) , i don’t have Vela i have telluria, but also i have some other good heroes to replace telluria, but other players don’t have this possibility.

2 Likes

Or close to what had to be put into hero’s to get them to node 20.
I have 30+ reset tokens and not planning to use them as you will be out of food and iron for weeks when putting them back into another hero.