October 2020 Balance Update - Discussion

Once again the loss of mats on the ascending is the issue if ascending vela as primary attacker was the plan and she fit that nicely changing her to a secondary /utility hero did cause the
1 loss of mats for the intended purpose they were being collected for
2 waste them by not allowing them to be used on a separate hero for that exact role .
Monetary reimbursement no!
But a simple redistribution of materials option should be avaliable when a hero is changed to a degree the basic role it does is different!

2 Likes

It’s up to SG that they released the hero’s with completely different abilities.
Vela e.g. completely lost her damage against red and lost 30% of her attack down.
Why should I have ascended her, if she be released like that?
She still would be at 1/1 and I had ascended a different blue, like e.g. magni.
And Telluria was ascended for the offense use and there her main job was to heal my team.
It’s still the fault of SG, that they released the hero’s like they had been and they are responsible for it.
But as this company don’t care about they customers, they don’t even think about it, that they could provide us the ability to reset the hero’s and get back the items…
No they just throw out some stupid emblems, which anyone did get, but those of us who don’t have any use for those hero’s are left behind.

3 Likes

They return all emblems, plus 20% food and iron of the current costs to emblem that hero.

What the release notes don’t tell us though is that you can use them even if your food and iron storages are full – what will happen is the overflow will go towards food and iron bundles in your inventory.

5 Likes

Thanks.

I was thinking to make slight changes to Arthur abilities in a way to improve his attack instead of defense which I was choosing because he should be my tank during those days.

At this moment I’m a little short with food and war is coming so I will wait for a while…

Making Telluria Hotm created the imbalance…other top tanks were not as easily obtainable while telluria was.
At the moment she s still a top tier tank…i would argue that she s on par with other top tanks and she doesn’t require a further nerf if sgg is worried about game balance. If they’re worried about variety then that’s another story and continue to nerf her wont change the fact that most people are not trashing a hero after having invested 6 tonics and 1 Damascus into her…
If they want variety they should grant the ascension mats back.
Now, we both know they’ll never do that and so, whatever they do, telly will still be the most used tank, not necessarily because she’s the strongest but simply cuz is the most convenient choice for most people.

2 Likes

Might I interest you in contributing and adding your vote in this thread?

No promises that anything will be done about it – but it is easier for developers to see a vote count in a thread with a streamlined discussion, than to follow up on individual messages in balance threads with 1.8k posts.

5 Likes

Truth of the matter is, SGG found out what happens if you let game balance stagnate.

I’m 99% sure the reason was financial in nature (via a chain of causes starting with boredom/frustration and ending with loss of active playerbase).

I have high hopes that they learned from this and will actively do balance changes to keep the game fresh.
If so, those used to spending hard on getting the flavour of the month hero setup will have to come to terms that no single set of heroes will ever be the ultimate best one, and their power level can and will fluctuate.

Judging by the general reactions to nerfs, it’s a hard pill to swallow.

3 Likes

Maybe have better odds to get s3 heroes if they want to people stop using tellu. Oh wait nvm that doesnt bring $$$.

1 Like

I dont think comparing real life goods (where you become owner after paying) with digitall licence to play at someone server makes any sense.

They can just shut down server any day and you cant really blame them for this - thats a part of agreement.

THIS!!! This had me drooling, rolling on the floor and almost pissing my pants. What a GREAT RECLAMATION!

Agree , they should just remove her if they are so afraid of her and vela. Only 1% changed Telluria from their defense team.
I only have Telluria. And she is the only green tank I had/ have, without her I dont have a green that Can stand Finley, fenzir and alle other blue 5* .
Im not sire I Will continue.

I understand you, it happens to a lot of people whenever they look in the mirror. Don’t worry, you are not the only one, you have many of the same.

Telly I still use on 1 minion team. Vela is on no teams.

C.kad replaced telly on d, druid emblems were removed, c.magni replaced vela. I play on a top 50 (top 10) team.

Both were used on D, and I had 2 tellies in offense 1.on defense both were on my farm team and vela was.on titan.

So, all in all, that is a large change in utility and thus there should be some options available.

Can anyone clarify y only nerf to those 2 heroes and buffs to all S3 heroes and victor ? I guess all got vela and telluria so no business from it and S3 still in the business phase and victor is coming for Halloween event , am I correct ? Or any other reasons ?

They netf my Tela and Vela, and I nerf the donut. To zero. Therefore, the imminent rise in prices does not bother me.

I have just reset my Quintus with reset emblems but I did not receive 20% of total spent… is that normal? Maybe I calculated wrong?
Level 12 talent = 810 emblems,
Food bundle = 1x 250k, 2x 100k 1x 10k +3536
Iron Bundle = 1x 100k 1x 50k 1x 10k + 3728

• Reset Emblem Changes
  • Reset Emblems will now refund 20% of the Food and Iron costs in addition to the Emblems.

Should be that you got back 20% of the new normal cost in food & iron, not what you likely spent to put them on pre-balance update. The update also made it a lot cheaper to put emblems on heroes.

I agree, but the food that I have received is somehow lower than 20% with 12 talents 5*

Your meme was targeted at me because I was making valid points and someone told me to cry about it and then later asked you to post that. And balancing is a part of games to a point but it should be massively reduced because of the beta testing. The beta tests and their lack of nerfs are what led to a lot of people spending. Telly needed a nerf but the players deserved to have a good hero leftover not a pile of decent stats. They also should have given the stuff out to only players with Telly and or vela not every player.

1 Like

you see? it worked!

people have experiments instead of gtv the whole meta

Cookie Settings