October 2020 Balance Update - discussion without Vela/Telly

The Elemental Chest arrived at the right time. I think the reward will be decided when I open the chest, but I’m wondering how much more emblems I can get. Of course I shouldn’t open it yet, right?

Funnily enough, I just had this exact discussion on Line :stuck_out_tongue:

I am pretty confident that all loot from Chests, Titans etc… (wherever RNG Loot Rolls are determined) is determined at the time of collection. (hence the small delay between tapping the chest & it starting to display the loot).

In this instance, you should hold off on opening it until after the updated Emblem Drop Rates goes live (2.5 hrs time).

It’s stated in the announcement:

So what that means is previously from Elemental Chests the Emblem Options were 10, 20, 30 or 50 emblems.
Post Update going live they will be: 20, 40, 60 and 100 emblems.
Source: PROJECT --- Elemental chests loot analysis

Thrilled about the availability of more emblems
Love seeing a return on emblem reset tokens (it would be nice if return was based on cost when emblems were applied :wink: )
It will be nice to start building up some stronger attack teams for the 20 emblem/max troop defenses.
Interesting to see how the next couple weeks go with the changes, going to remain optimistic

Ugh. Seriously devs? You kept the alkashard reward at 10 emblems? Looks like I won’t be using the lab anymore and just buy them from shop, smh.

The emblems for Alchemy Lab are also doubled. It was a late addition to the Release notes.

If you’ve just combined shards now, you were probably too early as the rollout was 06:00 UTC, but not all at once. Will take an hour to fully roll out - if I’m reading it correctly.

We will start rolling out the changes at 06:00 AM UTC, and they should be live within an hour for all players.

1 Like

…?

20 characters of missed line.

Returned resources come as bundles with the remainder deposited into storages

11 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Master] Emblems not Doubled…? Promised per October Balance Release Notes

update is live

Buffing all s3 heroes across the board definitely seems like a political move rather than an act of balancing. If it was just 5* heroes, I could’ve thought differently, most s3 heroes are rather underwhelming.

Heimdall buffs? Definitely unnecessary.
Mist buffs? Literal insanity. She is top3 4* in the game if not the single best as-is.

4 Likes

So i think this Update was realy worse and sad…
Good heroes change to sad heroes - the normal balance is destroyed…
For me i only can say a good game changed into a realy creapy game…

I stop playing this game.
I only can say invest no Money in this game - u get maybe some gut heroes and some Werks later noobs start crying and good heroes get nered deadly… that is Not funny and for paying players only bad changes…

Have a good time and was a nice time- peace

OK SO…
The emblem amount is not doubled per se. Since I get triple from shards, seems to be tripple in raid chests, double in MV, but only a 40% increase in the class quests… I can let that slide and not get too annoyed by the whole “DOUBLED” statement.

I do have 2 bones of contention.
first … when the AL was last updated people who saved shards were rewarded. They got the old rewards at the new reduced cost on the first collection. This time around no such luck. They need to do the same thing everytime. And while one can argue, that the did exactly that. Its annoying that one update you get rewarded for saving shards another update you do not.

second issue. The increasing somethings a little, somethings double and somethings triple may worsen the gap not only between F2P and P2W but also newer versus older players. SO they #1 source of emblems and most easily accessed source was always class quests. these increased about 40% so every gets that. ALL CHESTS and MV are double or tripled, still available to all.
Tournament rewards seem consistent, but gives the appearance of favoring older players with more developed benches and P2W players. Paid for awards get more in POV has always been that way so that’s a slight difference but gives the P2W a slightly larger advantage. Same with increasing emblems in shop.

So overall you have to give your paying players an advantage or else why would they spend money.
But to make it harder for newer players might be a step in the wrong direction, unless their intent is to get the older players to rage quit so they aren’t competition for newer players.

Overall my opinion hasn’t changed, hopefully this is only step one of a class system redesign. Because even this still leaves the system broke AF and needs ALOT more work

1 Like

They didn’t buff all Season 3 heroes, they buffed all of the “older” Season 3 heroes. The most recent few months of heroes did not receive a buff, which means they have felt Season 3 heroes should be a little more powerful than they were previously for a few months now. Makes them a little closer to the power of costumed characters. It makes sense that as newer batches of heroes arrive, they would be slightly more powerful than the previous ones. They should be a little bit better on average than existing Season 1, Season 2, heroes.

I no longer P2P with these changes. I join the ranks of F2P. Lost my $$$. Good going. It just happened sooner. I was headed that way anyway. I drew 4/10 Dawa’s last 2 draws.

Emblem changes only good thing for me.

I don’t sit & figure stats. Who has time? Besides I can’t figure out a lot of S3 heroes so don’t use. Does it make my teams weaker/less effective? Maybe. I pass on raiding/warring on teams I don’t understand.

So did a raid chest earlier and got 3 emblems. Then did a monster chest and got 1. SO its averaging out at double. With merciless RNG I do not like this.

You may need to verify this? The actual increase is in the premise of 20% from the just completed class trial!

Actually, the S3 boost was to deal with the Power Creep of costumes

Even after the rebalance, 5 of the 10 highest Attack Scores were Costumes (Isarnia, Elena, Azlar, Magni, and Quintus), and 3 of the 10 highest Effective HP are costumes (Richard, Elkanen, Sartana)

Heck, ■■■■■■■ Boril makes the top 20 highest Effective HP with his costume, with the 3rd highest defense in the game (after ElkanenC, RichardC). And he’s a four star.

According to my calculations for highest base stats, 8 of the 10 best heroes in the game are all Costumes:

• Roc (Sand)
  • Elkanen (Costume)
  • Kaliden (Costume)
  • Richard (Costume)
  • Sartana (Costume)
  • Lianna (Costume)
  • Domitia (Costume)
  • Vivica (Costume)
  • Magni (Costume)
  • Alfrike (S3)

Interesting perspective. But I’d point out that you’re only talking about raw ability scores. When you take into consideration realm abilities, and the specials, S3 heroes are going to outshine S1 heroes even with costumes.

I took a screenshot shot before & after emblem cost, what a difference!

Before:

After:

9 Likes

It’s the same emblem cost than before. Only the food and iron requirements got lowered when embleming a hero.

2 Likes