šŸÆ [Oct 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion

Day 4 complete. Have only reached level 34 so looks like I wont complete it this time round.

But i must say, this is the most fun Iā€™ve had in ages. Iā€™m looking forward to doing this again in 2 months time

9 Likes

I think 50 stages is fine. Maybe stretching it on, say, 10 days wouldnā€™t be bad. Also since it and ToL use different energies, I really donā€™t see a reason they can be run together. Why I have feeling though that programming of ToL clashes with one of NT (specifically which hero roster you can use) and thatā€™s why they are not running in parallel?

But NT definitely needs better rewards, and they should be spread across all the tower (for example each 10th floor). Not necessarily 4* AM or anything (though 1 4* AM on top wouldnā€™t be bad given that you receive one for much impressive feats), but if ToL gives you two spins, TN should give you at least 5 in total.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve stalled at level 22. Have no axe, bomb, or dragon attacks, and even with a few 5* canā€™t beat the bosses. Tried all the combinations of my best heroes with no success, so obviously havenā€™t figured out how to negate the ninja bosses. So will be ending at 22

Also I am slapping this here if anyone cares. Maybe someone posted it elsewhere and I forgot to take pics for other floors, but here we go.

5 Likes

Dumb event. I stopped playing it after stage 30. Pointless rewards and time consuming. If you speed up, your heroes get cursed. If you slow down, enemies hits you 300+ dmg on regular attack. You lose. Scam for materials and refills. P2W.

8 Likes

I found this event rather boring. Way too much time consuming. Annoying oni stones that cannot be destroyed- not because you made a mistake, but because it just wasnt possibleā€¦ So now we even need ā€œchanceā€ to be on our side. Greatā€¦

And then SGs greed - dont think you can easily get coins to try to make a pull. No no, you either gotta buy it or climb the top which the fewest of us will.

When I read this event would only happen every second month, I thought ā€œno, why?ā€. Now, however, I say ā€œGREAT!ā€. Even ToL is more fun than this, and you even get a chance to make a pull. Make Ninja Tower every third month for all I care.

7 Likes

Just finished the tower. A lot of resources used with no reward for completing the tower. Currently in top 5000, but sure to lose that quickly by tomorrow. Certainly not investing in the event again based on current rewards versus time/resources spent. Very disappointing.

4 Likes

Day 4

Lost another 11 heroesā€¦and now I am close to beeing out. Got disconnected once and lost Telluria this battle. So thatā€™s total 28 heroes lostā€¦and about 5 or 6 cursed 1/2.

Lost 6 battles, won 4. Lost quite a few times in 38. Only played 10 battlesā€¦no flask today.

Red mono did not work out.

Surprisingly well worked LittleJohn (mana slow down) and HuTao (blind).

Still have my purples left without curses (Rigard+20, Victor+11, Domitia+7, Sartana+1)

Only 1 def down IsarniaC 3.70 left.

Only 4 healers left Rigard+20, Brynhild+1, Ares+1,Lady W+1ā€¦all without curses.

Already lost on 42ā€¦not sure if I will make it higher.

Next time I have better ideas for hero selection and which one are more important to keep for laterā€¦and better boni selection.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

So, I cleared an oni curse on a turn, which cascaded and dropped a new oni curse immediately on me (as 95% of the time happens). But hereā€™s the problem, that cascade charged up cobalt who wiped my
entire team in one go. I lose the match and that fresh curse that I had ZERO chance to get rid of ELIMINATES my MN. WTF? Thatā€™s just not fair. SG needs to tweak some of these BS rules.

6 Likes

if itā€™s still on 3 and you die, then I agree, if it has gone down to 2 or 1, then I can understand or if you flee.

I donā€™t think that event is hard. I like hard games. I donā€™t need better rewards. I just donā€™t want to play boring event.
All guys from our alliance stop playing event third day.

I hate the ninja tower. It is not fun to play. Ill use the daily energy but not stressing about rank or completion. I will not spend on the ninja tower. It is just annoying to play.
Iā€™d delete nina tower and keep ToL every month.
If you like the ninja tower cool, good luck and have fun with it.

1 Like

I did not enjoyed tower as a fairly new player(playing since end of may) I donā€™t have big selection of fully ascended heroes. I had to use lots of items last 7 levels and only reached floor 32. Had to stop paying attention to curses last two floors as was not easy to keep my heroes alive. I could have potentially finish one more level but donā€™t see much point. My rewards will be same as someone who only done a floor and havenā€™t spent hard gotten items. I think this challenge is for players who have enough heroes to fill all floors and not to think about curses but focus only on completion time. Or Devs should arrange 3 lvl easy medium hard. I donā€™t think I will participate next time.

2 Likes

Cap is working on them gradually.

Honestly, the boss list doesnā€™t matter much seeing as it gives you the stage preview :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It drops it back by 100%

• Ninja hero has 150% mana
  • Timestops used
  • Ninja hero now has 50% mana.
3 Likes

Okay. I finished it. Not sure what to think, tbh. Stressful, as much as a silly game can be :wink: But forced me to think in new ways, which is fine and cool. Iā€™m very c2p (VIP + rare cheap gem offers maybe once per month), around 2 years in game. Levels 40-47 really gave me run for myā€¦ oh well, battle items. Then I just went with I had left. Last level was extremely lucky - due to curses I wouldnā€™t have any healer left, if I had lost it. Many higher levels I finished in around 8-10 mins because I scratched my head to pick right way of playing - can I afford to lose this hero? Should I wait with clearing that curse? So overall, I rate the fun and strategy value very high. I had to use heroes I rarely use normally. Gullinbursti just shines here, I was doubling my efforts to save his furry a**e. Also, Freya. Wilbur too. I have only three HotMs (Kunchen, Raffaelle and unleveled Zocc), Freya & Natalia are my only non-S1 5* heroes. I tried to make curses last as long as possible later on, because the next one was literally instant. The challenge is cool in a way. But the grain of saltā€¦ Rewards stink a bit. Sure, emblems are not farmable, so Iā€™m glad to spend a few dragon attacks or tornadoes to earn them. But overall, rewards imho should be better. There are great suggestions in this thread.

Since we have new troops, why not to give golden troop coin after certain number of floors? Lack of them is just weird. And since the tokens for ninja summoning are so scarce (I collected whopping 102 after completing the whole thing), why not make more ninja heroes, from 3* to 5* and heavily increase the chances of getting one? Diluting the already very poor chance of getting one with all S1 heroes is just meh. I got HuTao with my hard earned pull. Someone can argue heā€™s almost like ninja. But well. Monthly challenges - I just love them - are much better in this regard, in my opinion.

Also, itā€™s very time consuming for the rewards. Moreover, the ninja-character design is just below my expectations. Other dudes have more charisma, look better, thereā€™s something in them (mostly) that makes you want to play with them. The ninjas may have cool abilities, but those abilities are too convoluted for my taste, and visual design looks damn uninspired compared to any other game hero. Just dull. Photocopies of itselves. Also, maybe itā€™s my phone, but the levels are laggy. Especially when combining curse stones.

Offtopic: amount of emblems nowadays made PoV much less of interest for me. I bought it once, this time I have no incentive.

9 Likes

Ok, so Iā€™ve scrolled through the recent posts.

Hereā€™s a hot take:

Itā€™s 100% ok to have an event not fully accessible to new/casual players. Youā€™re stuck on floor 26/34/40something? Thatā€™s alright! You donā€™t necessarily have to finish it.

But SGG, for the love of God, if you make a really challenging event designed for veterans/spenders, at least bother to make it worth their while. ā€œA sense of pride and accomplishmentā€ doesnā€™t do much in terms of motivation, as EA would give you an opportunity to learn (this is the lowest rated post in the history of reddit).

6 Likes

I came here to report exactly the same. This just doesnā€™t add up. Having a curse that we donā€™t even have a chance to avert is wrong. I donā€™t know how SG can sort it but it must. Maybe when heroes have less that 50% health curses donā€™t show up?

Minimize the effort , maximize the profitā€¦

This is the answer for this question: Why there ainā€™t any new and tasty features in this game . I do really appreciate hero academy, alchemy lab etc. But ;
*Base is not big enough why do we have to convert buildings?
Why do I see my hero deck this messy ? And why do I have to feed my 4 s to open some space for new heroes?
*There can be in-alliance raid to try heroes etc. Etc.
There are tons of good ideas in suggestions section. I know it is equal to 100s of hours of engineering but some of them should be done.
Not for profit, for the sake of the gameplay.

Game will go to nowhere with spamming heroes and events or offers. If there is 1 p2p player that means there is 100 f2p players.

So please improve the gameplay. Donā€™t think for today, think for tomorrow.

If rewards remain the same next time, iā€˜m not even doing the first level!! Iā€˜d rather spend tornados for titans or on lv 8-7 farming rather then spending ~40 mins everyday in order to complete this shpeck and get not even 1 ascension material.:unamused::unamused:

THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LEAST 2-3* ASCENSION MATERIALS AND ONE 4*. Itā€˜s not worth the time spent otherwise :sweat_smile:

3 Likes