šŸÆ [Oct 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion

Stressfulā€¦

1 Like

Just to give you some feedback SG

Iā€™m at lvl 21 and just got all off my 5 heroes in the lineup cursed. Maybe it just was a bad board but I donā€™t care. The cursed stones spawn every other move. You canā€™t really play the game. I wont give it another go.

I hate to not finish events but this one is so poorly designed I wonder what you do with all my money I spend on the game.

No! I wonā€™t climb this tower.

2 Likes

You donā€™t have to buy the offers, theyā€™re all pretty terrible value anyway (even compared to Valhalla).

Tornadoes are a good way to quickly deplete your iron, and I always seem to have a massive overstock of iron so it works for me. :man_shrugging: Plus I literally donā€™t use tornadoes anywhere else so not a bad way to get some emblems out of essentially free iron.

1 Like

I just realised, although I am sure it will be pointed out in this discussion already.
I know we get about 98 coins + 5 for bein 100,000+ rank. Ok great thatā€™s 100+ coins if you do all 50 floors.

BUT even doing that, you canā€™t pull until December because the summon portal will close at the same time you receive your ā€œbonusā€ coins from rank 100,000+

Soā€¦ you guys really need to rework this

3 Likes

Finished the tower today. The ending was very difficult and glad I saved my strongest heroes for it. It wasnā€™t also necessary to avoid the curses at any cost knowing that it may be the last time you are using them anyway.

Got to say - this event may be indeed the most difficult PVM part of this game now (at least, if you arenā€™t into infinite retries hoping for best rng that monthly events offer), and it really requires the deep roster of decent heroes. Which is fine, because finally players at the late game have something challenging and entertaining. Because even ToL runs felt like a breeze, and they were supposed to be challenging.

I get that people are disappointed that itā€™s hard and they can not complete it, but come on. There are so many things in this game that an average roster can handle, it really becomes boring. The only progress in this game is grinding, and grinding is pointless if there are no new goals to work towards. This event offers such a goal. You are not expected to complete it unless until very late in the game, and itā€™s perfectly fine, because so many late game players are looking for a challenge.

And I know I will sound like a broken record, but ā€¦ if only the rewards were worth itā€¦ lack of real award for completing 50th floor is really a punch in stomach.

16 Likes

Yeah, I fully agree with you.

It doesnā€™t even need to be some mats, gems, token or whatever, maybe a new fancy Ninja avatar would do it! Something you canā€™t buy and just get when you finished the tower!

2 Likes

I was fleeing a level because there is no hope of victory. At that time my Kadilen already got 1 curse from earlier wave. When I flee the level, there is 1 oni board (with 3 turn remaining) attached to Kadilen. When I want to repeat the level I cannot use my Kadilen because it say it already got 2 curse.

@moderators @Staff_SGG is this intended? Is fleeing with active oni board/puzzle result in the curse becoming registered?

If I had know it beforehand I would have clear that oni board before fleeing.

I find the Curse element requires me to be more on my toes, but after 10 stages I lost interest, I must admit. Too repetitive, too unrewarding, not very engaging. My Ninja flags will remain unused for the rest of the event.

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ fleeing with an curse on, or losing the level with a curse on, will mean that curse takes permanent hold.

I agree with you - it is stressful! I am no longer going in without tornadoes. But I like that some PVE thing in this game gives a challenge

1 Like

What were the emblem drops in the last few levels?

Between floors 20 and 30 they are coming between 3 and 5 per level.

That leads me to believe there are about 200 emblem drops in total, plus whatever you get for completion based on the tier you land in.

Noor help a lot in Tower! Great protection shield especially when I combine it with Freya and P I B!!I do not feel the blows at all I associate with Wilbur!!
Iā€™m on the 43rd floor!!

2 Likes

To avoid confusion: it still in the form of oni board, the curse have not been applied, it still have 3 turns remaining where it can be cleared.

Yep that is how I understand it to workā€¦ once the curse is initiated you can only stop it from taking place by
a) winning, or
b) matching tiles.

If you donā€™t do either of those things, the curse takes effect

From the moment it appears, you are already cursed. You have 3 turns to remove it. Itā€™s different from: after three turns you will be cursed.

1 Like

The curse is placed on the hero as soon as the tile appears. It is ā€œbrokenā€ when you match the tile. So fleeing and/or dying means that the curse was never broken.

1 Like

Not according to gameplay help:

The player will have 3 turns to destroy the Oni Stone before it curses the targeted hero.

Without a doubt the ninja tower event is not so that anyone can conclude it and the most frustrating thing is that when it comes to playing it, the board plays against you despite your strategy, blessings that are not noticed but curses that if you take away a hero? No balance!! Prizes not consistent with difficulty and still follow heroes 3* ruining summons, in short disappointment

1 Like

from the thread in the News & Update Section: Oni Stones will curse a random hero when it appears.

New Gameplay Features!

• Oni Stone
    • A new type of shield that appears on the Tower matchboard
    • Oni Stones will curse a random hero when it appears.
    • Oni Stones will explode three turns after it has appeared.
    • If itā€™s matched before the timer runs out the curse is broken.
    • If the timer runs out before the Stone is matched the Curse becomes permanent.
1 Like

That means they release inconsistent information in forum vs in support.

They also have to explain further what happen if:

• Victory before timer runs out.
  • Defeat before timer runs out.
  • Flee before timer runs out.

@Petri

1 Like

Thisā€¦

I play this event in relaxing wayā€¦ Itā€™s fun, it brings something different. I know I canā€™t go all the way atm, and itā€™s fine. Currently at floor 31, with bunch of heros out of the game. Assume I might reach 35 with what I have. AND ITā€™S FINE. Itā€™s perfectly ok to have a challenge that you canā€™t complete after being 9 months in the game. Iā€™m not using battle items as well - maybe some other time, when I can reach 40-45 floor without them, I might be able to finish the thing with a little help.

At last, I donā€™t care about reward system atm. Iā€™m just curious how things work. For the next time Iā€™ll make a better strategy, and they might change something. I donā€™t get all the negativity around this event. It makes me sad to see that this forum is less and less a place for discussion, and more and more a complaints playground. :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes