šŸÆ [Oct 2020] Ninja Tower Event - FAQ & Discussion

This is in play at higher levels - be careful what you wish for.

I like the idea of rewards at certain level thresholds, but I also like that weā€™re getting Emblems every level, instead of for instance, getting one Emblem of each Skill at Floor 10 and two each at floor 20 etc. Iā€™m happy with the loot and rewards we are getting.

Using serious battle items on the early floors can help with points, but given that points are only used as tie-breakers for those that finish the same level of floors in the tower, Iā€™m holding off on doing anything extreme this first go around until I get a sense of where I stand on the overall rankings.

This is a good point. The first Path of Valor was too difficult, most folks couldnā€™t finish it, so they eased up next time to encourage more people to do it.

Iā€™m guessing that when they see the participation numbers for this are as low as they will be, theyā€™ll make some significant changes.

3 Likes

A twice-cursed hero canā€™t be used any more on this Ninja Tower. Two months down the road, he/she will be fine.

1 Like

Appreciate you. Thanks for the info. The wording is not clear and geared towards not being able to use the hero ever again.

1 Like

I am going by the timer on the Tower. It shows the flag replenishment timer at 24 hours from the start of the game.

1 Like

How about some real rewards?
After 10 levels completed give us a troop token.
20 levels hero token.
30 levels hero and troop token.
40 levels a 3 star ascension material.
50 levels a 4 star ascension material.
Something related to that would be great.
Keep the ranking for the sweats but give others a reason to play the tower. I think these are fair rewards if the tower is actually challenging.

10 Likes

Ok ninja tower is fun. Has a breath of freshness to it. However not sure about the ninjas and the charge rate. Seems that they best suited for defenses. I got 4* red healer but canā€™t decide if he is worth leveling. Part of the flaw for using in your defense is what stage do they activate skills? Then we have the reward system and single stage usage. First we all know the board decide the efficiency in tile usage. A win on a bad board might result in a low score. It almost makes me wonder if fleeing is an option just to replay it. So far, seems if your will to spend everyone has equal tries for the tower so that is good. However, if they add any reward system for tower flags it will put a huge gap between players on upcoming returning tower events. As of right now, top player has 600k points and seems everyone has reached the 26th floor. That already has shown how one sided the structure for players is again. Top players will stay on top unless we can suddenly become powerful, but that wonā€™t happen for a large group of players. Overall very disappointing.

So here my suggestion.

Remove the placement rewards. Instead, create a chest on each 5th or 10th floor that has rewards to a player inside of it. Then increase chance of better rewards by the floors levelā€¦ so the 50 floor would give players 50% chance at a bunch of items listed in one of two tier reward selections. One reward area (gold) would have items, including ascension materials, that everyone would want get their hands on and the other a bunch of good but more standard items.
(50th floor, 60%gold and 40%silver)
(10th floor, 20%gold and 80%silver)
Or something similiar to itā€¦

Top players will still find enjoyment trying to reach as far as they can in hopes of scoring some good loot; as well as all players.

2 Likes

More loot would be nice, and I guess the amount of effort involved at the higher levels will justify it, but you absolutely know that the better the rewards look, the louder will be the complaints from those who donā€™t get 'em. (I wonā€™t make it anywhere near the top, thatā€™s a given, but will at least try to be philosophical about it.)

2 Likes

Gentle reminder.

THIS IS A GAME

This is a challenge to make even the strongest cry. Except it for what it is and play it to see how far you can go. When you fail you have a target to beat in 2 months time.

I am looking forward to seeing where I get to

8 Likes

Well, yes, and that too.

OK,ā€¦ Day 1, everything clear 10 levels, without losing (cursed) any heroes. I play carefully and use some items like arrow, axes, mana and minor heal.

Now, I donā€™t know if I would to keep my 1x free Energy (from inbox), for later use at end of Events, so that I can to use to reply some stage if fails,ā€¦ but I think it doesnā€™t matter if I can go until level 15 right? :thinking:

1 Like

Admittedly, Iā€™d like better loot out of it, but itā€™s an interesting event. It also justifies the fact that I had maxed out multiple copies of certain 4* heroes. So far after the first 10 floors, I have an oni curse on a Melandor, Proteus, and Kiril. Not a big deal since I have another 2 Melandor, another 2 Proteus, and another Kiril. My philosophy is using my 2nd or 3rd copies to start and save those with emblems for later. Likewise, since I have so many copies, I donā€™t really stress too much about losing them to Oni curses.

1 Like

Personally Iā€™d save it. It may be worth using in future iterations if they boost the loot or change things. This time round, Iā€™m just going to see how far I get on the daily energy.

5 Likes

Yes.

So you can purposely fail the stage if the time or matches do not look good and you think your score will be low. then try again for better score.

This however will cost you Ninja Tower action points and you can only replenish them faster than already set in the game by spending money or gems.

so the more i think about it the more i hate the rewards system. I would rather it be removed then this system.

Hereā€™s my logic. This is possibly the most difficult thing they have ever put in the game. Its gonna take most people who complete all floors some battle items, probably a decent amount. I believe we have well over 1m players in the game. Assume half of that makes it to the end and the bottom 80% of those get 20 emblems for all that challenge and work above what everyone else got randomly completing each floor. Now you an try and sa things like " If you complete all 50 stages you should not be below 100k rank" and to that or any similar comment I say HOGWASH. I guarantee you there will be people who complete all 50 levels and be in that last reward tier, or who wind up there because they see their score and donā€™t bother to invest in finishing the event because they think they wonā€™t make it out of the bottom tier so investing battle items and what not is just not worth it for 20 emblems.
A percentage based reward system makes so much more sense.

1 Like
Reminder that official forum language is English.

Me parece un evento muy difĆ­cil para los jugadores medios ā€¦no sĆ© para los niveles altos cĆ³mo serĆ”ā€¦
Pero es mucho tiempo que hay que dedicarle para llegar hasta arriba y la recompensa la veo muy pequeƱa ā€¦
Espero que mejoren algo si no estĆ© evento va ser solo para los niveles muy altos y con tropas muy buenas ā€¦
Gracias

It seems like a very difficult event for medium players ā€¦ I donā€™t know what it will be like for high levels ā€¦
But it is a lot of time that you have to spend to get to the top and the reward is very small ā€¦
I hope they improve something if this event is not going to be only for very high levels and with very good troops ā€¦
Thank you

Anyone else think itā€™s a crock of :poop: that it only gives you 5/10 flags?

3 Likes

Just to add my opinion to the sea of posts already in existence:

I always like variety in events, so like ToL, I was bound to like this one too. And like the first few rounds of ToL, Iā€™m less disappointed than most by the absolutely abysmal loot and irrational number of failures you get to complete the event (poor game design- or they REALLY want everyone to buy a flask). Iā€™m in complete agreement that the loot sucks- but it doesnā€™t stop me from thinking variety in tile-matching games are more fun (which is the main reason I play, and why I get less satisfaction out of auto-playing the 4* AM quests than most).

I have faith that like ToL, theyā€™ll change the loot within the next few events.

(I also like that compared to most events, skillful tile-matching can be a huge advantage- yes you can still get unlucky with the curses, but youā€™d be surprised how many tough situations you might be able to get out off- even just by setting up as many diamonds and dragons as you can before they show.)

2 Likes

The gameplay is OK, but repetitive. I donā€™t love the curse mechanic, and I definitely donā€™t like how SG is reusing the challenge event scoring system. The rewards are hot garbage. Overall, Iā€™m disappointed.

12 Likes

By high level, you mean P2W? As the ones at top are buying the flasks which is halvedā€¦10 gems per attack. Greedy