šŸ”µ [Oct 2, 2019] Trials of Survival Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

My team this time:

• Gormek +19
  • Danzaburo +19
  • Domitia 4^78
  • Little John 4^70
  • Kelile 4^70

Compared to last time, Gormek and Danza are up two talents each, Domitia is almost maxed (up from 4^14), but most importantly, Little John is in for Grimm 4^70. That swap worked really nicely for me in the last Trials of Strength, so I thought Iā€™d give it a shot here, and again, I wasnā€™t disappointed. That mana cut is just so powerful against the bosses that it is worth switching in a green hero for a blue, despite the color strengths suggesting otherwise. If you are having trouble with this trial, you should seriously consider the Big Lumberjack.

Notably, the mob waves targeted Little John and Gormek way beyond what I consider normal. It was really uncanny. So I used a lot of small healing potions before ever making it to the bosses. Once I got there, though, I had all specials charged, and was able to bring Azlar to about half health before the enemy fired a shot. Danza froze twice (sometimes itā€™s like that) but LJ kept that mana debuff on for the entire fight (fired three times). Boss Scarlett fired twice, but neither Boss Azlar nor Boss Nashgar did. I used one bomb and one dragon, along with all my health potions, but I finished the fight with everyone still standing (albeit in critical health).

Just a few emblems short of Gormek reaching peak beefiness, and Danza also falls short of +20. He will never see it, though, because Domitia will be maxed in a day or two at most, and sheā€™s taking his emblems and future rogue emblems. Trainer hero went to Azlar, who claimed the rings this morning and will almost certainly replace Danzaburo in this trial next time. That will make my team squishier, but they will also hit VERY hard. Weā€™ll see how that goes.

11 Likes

Brought some new guys for this run:

Miki 3/70
Azlar 2/60

And from the old crew:
Grimm +14
Scarlett +18
Gormek +3

The unmaxed 5* made this trial a walk in the park. Especially Miki with his awesome special! We came in all specials charged and a blue diamond on the board. Scarlett couldnā€™t even say hello before she hit the ground. Nashgar did manage to kill Grimm, but really, they had no chance. I think thatā€™s the first time I didnā€™t have to use any items, except for a few healing pots during the trash rounds.

The trainer was eaten by Kelile, and sheā€™ll probably get the rogue emblems too once sheā€™s maxed (see no point in taking Scarlett to +20, and Danzaburo probably wonā€™t be taken past 3/60 for a while). Barbarian emblems I donā€™t know yet. Perhaps Iā€™ll take Grimm to +18 or Iā€™ll save them for Miki/Azlar.

12 Likes

Last time:

This time I put in Gormek instead of Obakan. Iā€™d been working on him mostly for war bench depth, but I figured eh why not.

Also I let the AI run auto on stage 2 while making coffee. I came back to my team all in the red. Right, no healers. Whoops. :flushed::sweat_smile::joy:

At home plate winding up for the pitch:

And itā€™s outtahere!

Emblems got Little John to +7. Rogue wasnā€™t enough to bring Kelile to +19. Trainer, and pretty much everything else for the next month, is going to Seshat now that Morlovia landed.

7 Likes

At first my team wanted to put Miki in but I still havenā€™t started leveling Miki so I scrolled down and found my cabin boy Peters. Thatā€™s the mvp of my team. When he silences the enemy for 3 turns thatā€™s so valuable. The end battle I defeated the bosses in order from right to left. Scarlett dodged a special and thatā€™s basically why she survived to the end. I used dragon attacks, I also brought potent healing pots and super antidotes. I was worried I wouldnā€™t have enough healing so thatā€™s why I brought the big green pots. Iā€™m saving rogue emblems for Alice so I can get her to the same amount as Marjana. I havenā€™t put any barbarian emblems on any hero yet, donā€™t know who I should give them to at this point. The trainer will be eaten by Kelile and hopefully that maxes her.

8 Likes

Substituted Marjana in for Scarlett hoping for better survivability:

I went in with all my specials charged but couldnā€™t line up a very good board so I took some heavy shots. Pulled it out though with only one dragon attack:

Debating how I want to spend my trainer and emblems still :thinking:

7 Likes

Last Time Team

This Time Team

Now Marjana 2.60 out, and Miki 3.70 in.

The Battle

Great start at boss step, use only 3 heal so far.

Brutal Azlarā€¦ well, at least I bring axes and bombsā€¦ :bomb:

Reward

Emblem keep for Grimm and Jackal. Need ham for constant levelup heroes and iron for buildings. Trainer keep for Grazul.

Video Boss Stages

8 Likes

Although this is probably the trial that I could face I had some problems at 2nd stage. Mostly due to dodge lack of healers and not tje best board.

Screenshot_20191002-175029

This is the before and after.

I am still lvl 27. So I couldnā€™t join last one. Focused first the pirate and then Domitia. More items than expected.

7 Likes

Itā€™s time for the Trials of NO HEALING HEROES ALLOWED!! :rofl:

unless you count Khionaā€™s dark element linkā€¦

Same team as last time for me, except this time I wasnā€™t negligent and remembered antidotes + healing potions. All ahem survived :wink:

Mitsy bitsy spider ate the trainer hero

7 Likes

Weirdly, I donā€™t have a single Rogue at 4 or 5* leveled, so Iā€™m all barbarian here. But this is an easy one.

Grimm, Azlar+4, Gormek, Miki 3/38, John +18

Bring heal potions. Be charged at the bosses. Fire Gormek because heā€™s the weaksauce here, then fire everyone else.

Watch the bosses die in a fire as they canā€™t Mana charge easily, and even if they do, it means Iā€™ve dumped dozens of tiles into them only for them to be silenced with their health nearly gone because of the John/Miki/Azlar combo. 3 rounds and done.

4 Likes

Lol :laughing:
I ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up hard on the forum today and posted my results in the wrong thread

For complete results, check here :
My bad :pleading_face:

Wonā€™t happen again, i promise :pray:

5 Likes

This is my worst event of the trials, I do believe. But I won. I used more items than I cared to have. I didnā€™t take pre-fight team photos. But only two of my heroes, this event, were leveled and talented.

Kelile (leveled +11 talent)
Azlar (3/55)
Margaret (3/54)
Miki (3/54)
Grimm (leveled +3 talent)

Emblems are being throw into the pile for a worthy hero.

5 Likes

Same team as last time, but with an additional rank of emblems on Kage. I could have tinkered with my team composition, but I was in a rush this morning, so I adopted the ā€œif it ainā€™t broke, donā€™t fix itā€ attitude.

• On the bench: 2 Jackals, Gretel, Tony Danza, Miki 3.70, Musashi, Marjana

Made it to the final bosses with everyone charged and two diamonds to boot, albeit several minor heals poorer. I unloaded everyone and then popped the diamonds. The ensuing tile rain recharged some, which ultimately allowed me to take the lion down.

I burned a couple antidotes on clean-up.

Trainer went to Grazul, emblems go to Kage andā€¦I honestly donā€™t know, I seem to lack focus with my rogue emblems.

4 Likes

I took Black Knight out for his first spin today and WOW.

This was the first trial I used zero items. No mana, no arrows, no dragons. It was shockingly easy.

The attack up from BK made Jackal hit like a tank and his taunt kept Jackal alive without a healer and potions.

Even mid T3 he is a fantastic addition to the roster.

7 Likes

My team last time

Team this time

Marjana 3/45 came in for Kelile 3/60. This is one trial my team is weak in. Too many red vs red bosses. Started on Grimm 2ā€¦to mitigate this weakness.

Before, the final boss stage, I had used 4 potent healing potions to keep the squishy bunch alive Scarlett, Grimm, and LJ.

LJ fired just once, but it seems not to help,
Was able to kick boss Azlar off the pack,

Items : 3 carpet bombs, 1 dragon attack, 5 potent healing potions.

Barbarians and Rogues emblems are about the highest quantities in my bank, these ones also would go to the pile; Marjana ate the trainer almost immediately, she was hungry.

5 Likes

I donā€™t usually have issues with trials with the exception of either the druid or cleric one, whichever features Vivica and Boril. The reasons behind that are because I have a ton of passive heroes for that trial and I have to rely solely on tile damage which isnā€™t the easiest to do when I have a 2-2-1 team.

3 Likes

My team last time was: Kelile (3/41), Karil (3/50), Azar (2/31), Dawa (1/1), and Layla (1/1)

I had a very significant improve because since then I had pulled Scarlett and Little John, so this time my team was:
Kelile (3/57) - Karil (3/50) - Azar (2/31), Scarlett (3/57), Little John (1/1).

Iā€™m especially pleased with the amount Iā€™ve been able to level Scarlett.

This was not enough to win the second stage (though I did not try very hard because if I remember correctly there was a rare quest going on).

3 Likes